Let's go

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not complaining of Jerry the GM of two decades ago when those great moves were made. He also, along with Jimmy, assembled a hell of an offensive line, mostly made of former ragtag players. He was fantastic for 6-7 years. But then he lost his touch, coinciding with the departure of Jimmy (Barry won with Jimmy's team, Troy and Michael have both said this).

It's the intermediate twenty years where I'm trying to make my point, and the cited examples in my above post cover that time frame, CC.

I can't argue against your specific snap shot just presented...truth be known, I have screamed at my poor 'tellie' much to my wife, Ann's, chagrin.

Good, we are good again...that makes me happy!:starspin::thumbup:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear that. It would be horrible to be stuck with a Bengals-type org that is simply happy being in the playoffs.

Jerry wants to win. No doubt about it, Coach. He just doesn't know how to anymore. But this part of my argument is moot as far as he goes, now, because he's clearly stepped down.
I think Stephen has learned from his dads successes and failures. Jerry had to learn on the fly, but Stephen should be a great GM moving forward, even though he doesn't have the official title yet.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think Stephen has learned from his dads successes and failures. Jerry had to learn on the fly, but Stephen should be a great GM moving forward, even though he doesn't have the official title yet.

The core for a continued future...and I'll add my own, Hooooah!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Let's don't go down that rocky road again, I really do like you a lot...alright?:)

Thanks for smoothing this out, Ranch...
If I see it going that way, I'll just take a break, sir, as I don't like it either. If we let ourselves cooldown, we'll be alright :)

Besides, I nary disagree with you, so we shouldn't have to worry, friend :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Discounted liquor?
raw

w8lifter

Reaction score
I admit there were many times I was not happy with Jerry Jones and the way he ran the Cowboys Organization over the last 28 years. A few instances would be:

1. Firing Coach Landry by letting the media announce it and not facing Tom man to man.
2. Letting his ego chase off Jimmy Johnson after they started winning SB's.
3. Not getting a 'real football' person to manage personnel matters after it was obvious he was not good at being the GM for the Cowboys.
4. Many more instances where he hindered the team success.

However, he did make a few good decisions almost all Cowboys fans are grateful for:

1. Hiring Jimmy Johnson.
2. Allowing Jimmy to make all the trades and decisions in the early days (1989-1993) that reaped the
Cowboys 3 SB's. (Yes, I dont count the 3rd one as Barry Switzers accomplishment).
3. Finally allowing his son Stephen and others to make the personnel choices that are starting to build a strong foundation for years to come.

SO, those years of bad decisions on Jerrys part are in the past and not worth dwelling on.

GO COWBOYS!!!:yourock: