Lets grade the draft up to this point

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm going with a C......only coz Parson and the fact they're at least addressing the defense, otherwise, it'll be a D. Now I admit I'm no expert and no little of nothing about days picks but NOT addressing the safety position with 4 picks in your pocket is baffling, to say the least. I can only conclude they either misread the value of the top 3 (Moehrig, Grant, Holland) or simply weren't as high on them as we were led to believe.

Last edited:

chicago JK

Reaction score
I am going with D. That may be my disappointment speaking. But armed with a lot of picks, Dallas could have gotten aggressive and really targeted players they liked. They seemed to be drafting by need as well.

The ultimate draft report card will be how these guys play on the field, but last night did not give a lot of confidence that Dallas backed up last years good draft with another one.

Gaede

Reaction score
Going with a D. We had a terrible year last year, and a great draft pick as a result. We chose not to be aggressive and get a player we wanted and who could've excelled here, and instead picked depth players like there are no open roles on the team . Will this be known as the cap draft?

Parsons, good pick, great trade.
Joseph, risky pick, we will see. Kind of dig it though.
OSA, nice player but we already have two of these guys
Golston, why did we draft this guy in round 3? This is one of those round 5 picks when you're like, ok, cool, probably will make the team
Wright, is just a head scratcher. His highlights were brutal. Probably could've had him UDFA.

They can still do better. A lot of picks today to get contributors at DT, LB, and S. But I fear this team has its head up it's *** this year.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
"D"

Had all the ammo available to rule day 2 and got cute with tweeners and projects.

We really seem have a "throw some bodies" approach to the DL instead of securing legit talent and it drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
I base most of my opinions on the feedback from this forum.

As near as I can tell, the grading system works as follows A, B , C, D, F, 2009 with A being the highest grade and 2009 being the lowest.

Based on what I'm hearing from y'all, this draft has earned a grade of 2009.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm locked in a spiritual coma after Round #3.

Round #1 was great -- #2 was OK . . .

Rnd. #3 caused great anxiety!
Sigh, nuff said . . .:omg:

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I base most of my opinions on the feedback from this forum.

As near as I can tell, the grading system works as follows A, B , C, D, F, 2009 with A being the highest grade and 2009 being the lowest.

Based on what I'm hearing from y'all, this draft has earned a grade of 2009.

That’s definitely the vibe I’m getting. They sat on their hands in 2009 and came away with a big garbage bag full of nothing too.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not sure I get round 3. I think Trevon’s back made them shy away and I think they attempted to move up early for either Holland or Grant maybe a CB

C is my grade

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
D.

having that many picks and still getting wiped cause you refuse to be aggressive (cause it might eat into Stevie’s piggy bank) is bat crap insane.

Don’t let them lie to you. Parsons was not the pick at 10. Joseph was not the pick at 44 and Osa was not the pick at 75. All three were consolation prizes

DuncanIso

Reaction score
C at best.

Parsons. Fine.

Joseph. Seems like our typical high ceiling pick. Fine.

The rest? I got nothing.

The Joseph pick was a reach. He’s the 9th ranked corner on the board.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
D.

having that many picks and still getting wiped cause you refuse to be aggressive (cause it might eat into Stevie’s piggy bank) is bat crap insane.

Don’t let them lie to you. Parsons was not the pick at 10. Joseph was not the pick at 44 and Osa was not the pick at 75. All three were consolation prizes

i tend to agree.