Lets grade the draft up to this point

kevm3

Reaction score
The Parsons pick was great, especially the trade back to get the extra 3rd. Too bad we just completely wasted it. The 2nd round pick is a toss up. We could have secured our safety of the future with that pick. From a talent perspective, Kelvin Johnson has it, but I've seen enough of these gamble picks to realize that they do NOT turn out. Which one of our gamble picks turned out? Sean Lee looks awesome when he's on the field, but it feels like he missed half of his career due to injury. Jaylon Smith looked great one year and then not so great after. Randy Gregory missed most of his career on the bench. Even in the 1st round, LVE had that one great year with Jaylon and now that neck is starting to come into play.

I hope Kelvin Johnson turns out, but focus is the key issue here. We're lucky the league is a lot more lenient on weed now.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Take all the head scratching, bonehead, ***? moments fro the las 60 years of Raiders, Lions and Jets picks...roll it all up into one Round...and that is what Dallas did in the 3rd round last night.

I'm not criticizing the players. I'm criticizing the guardians of the team we all want to love. Wish nothing but the best for the players and hope they succeed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the grade IMO is "Incomplete" Lets wait and see in 2 years from now then we can grade it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Round 1 : A
Round 2: B
Round 3: F----------

Round 3 was the worst drafting I've seen in my lifetime following this sport. It surpassed any stupid things the Raiders or Lions or Bengals became infamous for doing.

i agree.

round 3 was a freaking disaster. ESPN slammed it this morning.

still some good players out there.

we can still pick up the S and a RT or C/G.

Jamar Johnson at S is an option.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable/_/position/s

Carson

Reaction score
this wasnt a good safety class guys. But I see us taking one day 3.
Outside of Johnson and Hamlin, it’s pointless at this point.

We have Kazee, Wilson, Thompson, Robinson

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m going to reserve my judgement until I see these guys take a snap in the NFL as we all should. There’s a reason we don’t work for the NFL in any capacity.

i think we had hopes for 3 top 100 players in the 3rd.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Impossible to grade until we see how Quinn is going to use them. The first two look like they could work out fine but no nothing much about the next three other than they appear all to have huge upsides with the right attitudes. Today is going to be very interesting.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I had a whole long post grading these picks but I’ll wait until the draft is completely finished to see if they can partway salvage it.

As of now, heading into Day 3, I give them a “C” and that is heavily buoyed by the Parsons pick as he is a true blue-chip talent. I don’t see Joseph as an early starter, Odighizuwa can be a solid contributor but the last two picks are camp fodder.

Carson

Reaction score
The Parsons, Joseph, and Odighizuwa picks are all fine.

The rest make me want to pull my hair out.
I think Golston will surprise.

He’s the old school, lunch pail, Iowa, hit you in the mouth guy. We need toughness on the front 4 and this dude brings it

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Round 1 : A
Round 2: B
Round 3: F----------

Round 3 was the worst drafting I've seen in my lifetime following this sport. It surpassed any stupid things the Raiders or Lions or Bengals became infamous for doing.

Your grades are probably right on to for staying put & letting the board come to you. Gets even worse if you factor in trading to ensure that you get a couple players.
Either way, round 3 appears so bad that the overall grade gets pulled down to a D.
If either of the first two picks disappoint, its F- all the way.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Your grades are probably right on to for staying put & letting the board come to you. Gets even worse if you factor in trading to ensure that you get a couple players.
Either way, round 3 appears so bad that the overall grade gets pulled down to a D.
If either of the first two picks disappoint, its F- all the way.

Yup, D or D-.

This draft class is top heavy, if we don't get a starting LB and a starting CB out of it then it goes down as one of our worst draft classes ever.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm going with a C......only coz Parson and the fact they're at least addressing the defense, otherwise, it'll be a D. Now I admit I'm no expert and no little of nothing about days picks but NOT addressing the safety position with 4 picks in your pocket is baffling, to say the least. I can only conclude they either misread the value of the top 3 (Moehrig, Grant, Holland) or simply weren't as high on them as we were led to believe.

No I think that is about right.................C- for me. The biggest issue is this could have been an A+ very very easily.

With minimal trade ups and plenty of ammo to do it we could have had the following:

Surtain, Moerhig, Milton/Mcneil
Parsons, Moerhig, Milton/Mcneil
Parsons, Barmore, Milton/Mcneil.

noletime95

Reaction score
F because of round 3. Reached on three picks in the same round. Didn’t move up. What a blown opportunity to infuse talent. I was pumped yesterday. Now I’m just back to accepting this is a failed franchise