Reaction score
Projected Starters

LT-Tyron
LG-Smith
C-Biaz
RG-Martin
RT-Steele

Projected Backups

LT-Waleskco (front office already stated he will work at LT/LG)
LG-McGovern/Farniok
C-Farniok
RG-McGovern
RT-Ball

I think the top 9 are certain roster locks, question is do they bring in a veteran swing tackle and even an veteran interior player. It is quite possible an undrafted signee can also earn a spot.

Carson

Reaction score
I would put James Empey in the 10th spot and Lindstrom to the practice squad

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Good list, but I am hoping they give Farniok and LIndstrom a chance. Center is hugely important. Alarcon needs a good look at tackle.
I see another Dak attack thread coming soon :laugh:

Let's stay healthy and have a highly competitive training camp.
It would be nice to have the offensive line considered a strength again :flagwave:

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I thought they moved Alarcon to guard last season. But I think they should move him to DT. So he could be a backup on both sides of the ball. I say that because I don't want to keep a lot of pure DT's on the roster. It's a pass happy league, we can use that extra spot for another DB. Kind of crazy, but eh.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought they moved Alarcon to guard last season. But I think they should move him to DT. So he could be a backup on both sides of the ball. I say that because I don't want to keep a lot of pure DT's on the roster. It's a pass happy league, we can use that extra spot for another DB. Kind of crazy, but eh.
He played LG in the preseason games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Projected Starters

LT-Tyron
LG-Smith
C-Biaz
RG-Martin
RT-Steele

Projected Backups

LG-McGovern/Farniok
C-Farniok
RG-McGovern
RT-Ball

I think the top 9 are certain roster locks, question is do they bring in a veteran swing tackle and even an veteran interior player. It is quite possible an undrafted signee can also earn a spot.

They're going to play the probabilities that 1 of a group of young OTs can step up as the Swing Tackle.

Keep in mind that in McCarthy's and Philbin's 1st season that before Dak was injured, the Cowboys were leading the league in total yards and passing yards by a wide margin.
- They did that with the majority of OT snaps being played by Steele and Knight.

Josh Ball (Better college player than Steele)
Waldo
Aviante Collins (Practice Squad 2021. 3rd fastest forty by on OLineman ever).
James Empey (UDFA)

Tyler Smith is also an option at LT in 2022 if all else fails.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Projected Starters

LT-Tyron
LG-Smith
C-Biaz
RG-Martin
RT-Steele

Projected Backups

LG-McGovern/Farniok
C-Farniok
RG-McGovern
RT-Ball

Hope we can improve at center

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Projected Starters

LT-Tyron
LG-Smith
C-Biaz
RG-Martin
RT-Steele

Projected Backups

LG-McGovern/Farniok
C-Farniok
RG-McGovern
RT-Ball

Tyron Smith can't start at LT and LG.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Good list, but I am hoping they give Farniok and LIndstrom a chance. Center is hugely important. Alarcon needs a good look at tackle.

Lindstrom will make the team or at least the practice squad, he's technically sound and the smartest out of all of them. Farniok should push Biadaz in camp, should be a good battle.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Projected Starters

LT-Tyron
LG-Smith
C-Biaz
RG-Martin
RT-Steele

Projected Backups

LG-McGovern/Farniok
C-Farniok
RG-McGovern
RT-Ball

Tyler Smith should be the LT backup. Don't care if he has to learn to play LG. He is *now* our best LT, and we want him to be that in the future.

As for Walesko as backup LT: