Let's not sleep on the Colts

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is a very winnable game, but certainly not a gimme. Take the Colts seriously. They're an NFL team. If the Cowboys put together a good game plan, and then implement it, playing well, they should win. But nothing's for certain in the NFL.

Think ahead to the next game, and just show up, expecting an easy win -- and you lose.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree Cowboys need to be locked in and ready to play. Frankly that is what you hope to see anytime they hit the field. At this point in the season this team needs to play consistent football and remain focused no matter who we play

tromofan

Reaction score
I would be a little bit more worried about the Jaguars than the Colts. They seem to have turned a corner. Maybe not a threat this year, but certainly in 2023.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Hoping Danny Quinn can replicate what he did against Matt Ryan last year.

I think Matty threw for 117 yards and 2 picks.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
The Dolts have a weird uncanny habit of winning games they're not supposed to on the road against superior NFC teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Watching the Colts last night against the Steelers has me thinking, how the heck did they almost beat the Eagles? Ryan doesn't even throw the ball 20 yards anymore. Shaky is a word I'd use to describe him. Matty Ice is melting fast. Time to pack it in after this season.
they have foles, but wont play him.
it looks like a team dallas should blow out.
But they played eagles a close game, evidently they still have a good defense.

Swagger

Reaction score
I would be a little bit more worried about the Jaguars than the Colts. They seem to have turned a corner. Maybe not a threat this year, but certainly in 2023.
Jags are a much better team than the Colts. They lost at least 4 games this season by throwing them away with a dumb moment here and there. I agree they will be a good team next season and will be a dangerous game for the Cowboys.

Carson

Reaction score
How’d we lose to Green Bay? Tampa? Dallas CLEARLY has more talent than Indy, but we need to keep that edge. This IS professional football!
I always believe in, especially football, it’s when you play a team. Catching Minnesota after a big OT win on the road? Ready for a massive let down. Catching Tampa in the opener and fully healthy? Green Bay after being away from home for a month? It happens! We need to be prepared for the colts best shot!

ESisback

Reaction score
I always believe in, especially football, it’s when you play a team. Catching Minnesota after a big OT win on the road? Ready for a massive let down. Catching Tampa in the opener and fully healthy? Green Bay after being away from home for a month? It happens! We need to be prepared for the colts best shot!
Yep!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We can only hope that Monday morning doesn't include Jeff Saturday's metaphorical member slung over the backs of Cowboys fans everywhere.

They just can't let that happen.
Does Saturday remind you just a bit of Tom Hanks, I do not know why, maybe the eyes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I suspect there's a valid reason why we're favored by Vegas to be 11-point favorites. That's not to suggest the Cowboys should see fit to consider this a game to take for granted. The Colts will be obliged to put their best efforts forward in that contest. That also necessitates the Cowboys to do the same. Let's hope being regarded as big favorites doesn't allow this team to relax. Doing their best might grant them a much-needed win, though. The Colts may be desperate to escape being the losers that they currently are. It won't likely be a cakewalk.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Yes their record isn't great, I saw a team against Philly that almost won. Offense isn't great great, I think their defense could create some problems for us. Interested in watching them before they play us. Please give me your thoughts on them.

I hope nobody is saying we should blow them off the earth, let's stop that talk until there's :01 seconds on the clock and WE have the ball with more than one point than they have!!!!

Jelani woods the te we shoulda chose is picking up some momentum in Indy also and everybody on God's green earth knows we don't have a lb that can cover him. Js

They got mo allie cox too so don't be surprised

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Yes their record isn't great, I saw a team against Philly that almost won. Offense isn't great great, I think their defense could create some problems for us. Interested in watching them before they play us. Please give me your thoughts on them.

I hope nobody is saying we should blow them off the earth, let's stop that talk until there's :01 seconds on the clock and WE have the ball with more than one point than they have!!!!

Reminds me of 2018 when we went to Indianapolis and laid an egg game. We can’t go into that game the way we did then. Their defense is a high ranked defense, and that running game can get going.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Matty Ice is more done than that pork chop I had for dinner last night, dude can barely throw the ball 20 yards.

Only way we lose is if we have like 8 turnovers, give up a kick return, have a FG blocked and returned for a TD, ect...