Lets predict the first 5 games!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
People are too used to Garrett....

Beat the teams we are clearly better than and blow the rest.

This team will be pretty good.

Like 12-4 with a real chance type of good.

I think the defense will surprise people.

Plus the, ya know, the opponent not knowing exactly what's coming thing also.
yes they are, I expect to see a totally different cowboy team, this season.

They will have an advantage early on because teams have no idea what offense or defense plays like.
This will help in that first rams game.
I just want to see a organized confident team that executes smoothly. Not the sloppy play we have seen in past years.

Techsass

Reaction score
Why is everybody so scared of Seattle? We finally beat them last year, so we've obviously turned the corner.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why is everybody so scared of Seattle? We finally beat them last year, so we've obviously turned the corner.
I think people still think they are like their SB era teams, but they are not.
I think they won a SB due to their defense, not the offense, and that defense is gone.
Their offense is just barely ok, with no consistent RB, and no big time wr, they are just ordinary.

I would worry more about rams and atlanta than seattle.
And then both browns and giants could pull off an upset.
Dallas should be able to beat seattle.

basel90

Reaction score
1 Sept. 13 at Rams WIN
2 Sept. 20 vs. Falcons WIN
3 Sept. 27 at Seahawks LOSS
4 Oct. 4 vs. Browns LOSS
5 Oct. 11 vs. Giants WIN

TwentyOne

Reaction score
1 Sept. 13 at Rams L
2 Sept. 20 vs. Falcons W
3 Sept. 27 at Seahawks L
4 Oct. 4 vs. Browns W
5 Oct. 11 vs. Giants W

Idk about Atlanta. Atlanta has a bad defense so i hope we will win that one. Starting 0-3 would be tough.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
2-3 then we make a turn around when dak gets benched. hell, he probably gets hurt in the preseason from getting fat and dreaming of getting paid.

One can dream. Still i think 3 losses in the first 5 games will be enough to bench him. Of course that also depends on how bad he will perform.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
yes they are, I expect to see a totally different cowboy team, this season.

They will have an advantage early on because teams have no idea what offense or defense plays like.
This will help in that first rams game.
I just want to see a organized confident team that executes smoothly. Not the sloppy play we have seen in past years.

Whilst agreeing with what you're saying it's a bit naïve for us to think EVERYTHING was Garret's fault and that the change to MM miraculously turns us into world beaters.

There is the chance that despite the improved set up (which i'm sure will come) there are still failings within the playing personnel.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
1 Sept. 13 at Rams L
2 Sept. 20 vs. Falcons W
3 Sept. 27 at Seahawks L
4 Oct. 4 vs. Browns W
5 Oct. 11 vs. Giants W

Idk about Atlanta. Atlanta has a bad defense so i hope we will win that one. Starting 0-3 would be tough.

Seems many here think Seattle will beat dallas, and I dont get that, Seattle just isnt that good anymore.
Also it is standard to think dallas beats browns and giants , but I think there is a chance one of those teams will beat dallas.
That is just how it is in nfl, teams often lose to the loser type team, just like the jets game last year.
No one predicted a jets win, before the season.
Rams are good, and at home, but they have not been as good recently, and dallas did beat them last year, so that to me
is a tossup.
Falcons....well depends on which falcon team shows up lol.
they are as up and down as the cowboys have been.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Whilst agreeing with what you're saying it's a bit naïve for us to think EVERYTHING was Garret's fault and that the change to MM miraculously turns us into world beaters.

There is the chance that despite the improved set up (which i'm sure will come) there are still failings within the playing personnel.
on the bolded, I did not say any of that lol :huh:

JG led teams were consistently error prone and often sloppy in execution of plays.
Last year they snapped the ball into the leg of the guy going in motion lol :lmao: I dont think I ever saw that before.
Then when they tried to do the rub plays, they were horrible at it and always got a penalty.

I didnt watch a lot of GB games when MM was there , but when I did his teams were just sharper, made few dumb mistakes,
and executed plays good.
That is what I based my statements on.

still failings within the playing personnel.....could be, if so they wont be here long unless it is one of the star players/

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Week Date Opponent Kickoff time TV
1 Sept. 13 at Rams 8:20 p.m. ET NBC
2 Sept. 20 vs. Falcons 1 p.m. ET Fox
3 Sept. 27 at Seahawks 4:25 p.m. ET Fox
4 Oct. 4 vs. Browns 1 p.m. ET Fox
5 Oct. 11 vs. Giants 4:25 p.m. ET CBS

Ok something non dak or ewok to talk about lol.

I think Dallas will wind up 4-1 or 3-2 after 5 games.

It is hard to say which games they lose or win.
Rams and Seattle are the only road games, so those could be the ones they lose.
Atlanta is home game, but they always seem to beat dallas.
Rams should want revenge for that last game. This is Sun night premiere game lol , both teams
will want this one bad.

Browns and Giants should be wins since they are home games and neither team is exactly
a powerhouse. But u never know these could be the 1 or 2 they lose.

Giants game will be fun, as Garrett comes back to Arlington, and I know he is going to want to win.
And it is cbs so Romo should be there too.

*** Mod Warning ***

Do not post in this thread if you think the season is not happening!

Post in the Coronavirus Zone threads for those discussions!

Win, Win, Loss, Win, Win

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Week Date Opponent Kickoff time TV
1 Sept. 13 at Rams 8:20 p.m. ET NBC
2 Sept. 20 vs. Falcons 1 p.m. ET Fox
3 Sept. 27 at Seahawks 4:25 p.m. ET Fox
4 Oct. 4 vs. Browns 1 p.m. ET Fox
5 Oct. 11 vs. Giants 4:25 p.m. ET CBS

Ok something non dak or ewok to talk about lol.

I think Dallas will wind up 4-1 or 3-2 after 5 games.

It is hard to say which games they lose or win.
Rams and Seattle are the only road games, so those could be the ones they lose.
Atlanta is home game, but they always seem to beat dallas.
Rams should want revenge for that last game. This is Sun night premiere game lol , both teams
will want this one bad.

Browns and Giants should be wins since they are home games and neither team is exactly
a powerhouse. But u never know these could be the 1 or 2 they lose.

Giants game will be fun, as Garrett comes back to Arlington, and I know he is going to want to win.
And it is cbs so Romo should be there too.

*** Mod Warning ***

Do not post in this thread if you think the season is not happening!

Post in the Coronavirus Zone threads for those discussions!

Agree with you. Giants and Browns should be sure wins, and they could be either 2-1 or 1-2 in the others.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Seems many here think Seattle will beat dallas, and I dont get that, Seattle just isnt that good anymore.
Also it is standard to think dallas beats browns and giants , but I think there is a chance one of those teams will beat dallas.
That is just how it is in nfl, teams often lose to the loser type team, just like the jets game last year.
No one predicted a jets win, before the season.
Rams are good, and at home, but they have not been as good recently, and dallas did beat them last year, so that to me
is a tossup.
Falcons....well depends on which falcon team shows up lol.
they are as up and down as the cowboys have been.

First of all my approach was to judge the strength of our team. Unlike a lot experts i do not think our team is a contender or a playoff caliber team. Too many questionmarks for me. That is for example LT health, RB elite status, LB group, LDE especially pass rush, RDEs weak play last year, swing tackle and to me the biggest questionmark is QB.

Then there is alsoa new system and new coaches during corona times. Which certainly favors teams who stuck to their system for a few years.

That said our first 3 games are no gimmey. The giants wont be a good team and the browns look good on paper but somehow dont know how to put that on the field.

I could see us losing 3 games. Now to me was the question which are the most possible. To me thats 1. Seahawks, 2. Rams, 3. Falcons, 4th Browns, 5th Giants.

As i already mentioned i just cant believe we will start 0-3. It well might happen but when i predict a 3-2 start its also homerism for my Boys.