News: Let's put this myth JG forced Kellen hand Sunday night to bed

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Based upon what Kellen Moore said, is it possible that both he and JG couldn't adjust? Maybe so -- dust may have gotten in both of these guys' eyes and they just couldn't see what kept happening when Zeke got stuffed throughout the entire game. From what Moore suggested, it was a collaborative effort.
Like Kellen suggested, let's see if they've learned their lesson and adjust accordingly. Yeah, that's the ticket! Let's see about that. :grin:

Last edited:

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
He laughed at the notion that Garrett was taking the heat for the offensive failureo_O maybe Garrett shouldn't be too quick to drink any coffee treated to him by the young OC:)

Watch your back Red;)

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, I'm guilty of also claiming it was clapper who schemed and called the game. In fact, having watched that interview, how do we know fore sure that he didn't and they are just not saying he did? Could be a cover up on all parts. Cause all I know is, the offense I watched looked exactly like the crap show garret is prone to pull. Ah well let a dead dog lie right... onward to the ***** packers!!

visionary

Reaction score

In their zeal to defend moron Garrett, garrett homies are saying “hey, don’t blame Garrett, Moore is just as big of a doofus”

Dre11, are you telling us that Garrett had no say so in developing the game plan and could not have had the team better prepared to handle the noise and had some options on what to do if the game plan was going in the toilet?

Oh wait, I forgot, it’s only his 9th year as HC so he’s still learning

Sydla

Reaction score
In their zeal to defend moron Garrett, garrett homies are saying “hey, don’t blame Garrett, Moore is just as big of a doofus”

Dre11, are you telling us that Garrett had no say so in developing the game plan and could not have had the team better prepared to handle the noise and had some options on what to do if the game plan was going in the toilet?

Oh wait, I forgot, it’s only his 9th year as HC so he’s still learning

Dude.

Forget it. Waste of time.

Dre literally argued that no coach could ever have a bad game plan or make bad play calls during a game.

johneric8

Reaction score
Personally, I can't put anything to bed, and Kellen talking about the process is just another example of him parroting red ball's stale message. Kellen is lucky to be in the position he is in and I'm sure Garrett has no issue making sure he knows that! I know Kellen will take his lumps and is learning on the job, but if you don't think that Garrett has allowed Moore to take off the training wheels than I would say you're crazy.... Red is coaching for his job, and he'll be damned if he lets boy wonder hurt his mission.

Big_D

Reaction score
So apparently the HC just claps, calls timeouts and will occasionally ice his own kicker. Meanwhile the guy who has been a coordinator for all of 4 games is 100% in charge of the offense? lol the team got to have a scapegoat by seasons end so this is par for the course. Makes sense to Garrett apologists everywhere that this is all Moore’s fault.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So apparently the HC just claps, calls timeouts and will occasionally ice his own kicker. Meanwhile the guy who has been a coordinator for all of 4 games is 100% in charge of the offense? lol the team got to have a scapegoat by seasons end so this is par for the course. Makes sense to Garrett apologists everywhere that this is all Moore’s fault.

Garrett is the HC any failure offense or defense is his. You want to put the blame on Garrett fine I will agree and I will credit him when this team wins. Their job is a 7 day a week job it is not 1 day out of the week. Yes Moore calls offense and Richard calls defense and the full responsibility falls to Garrett. Jimmy never called a play that was Norv on offense and Wanstead then Davis on defense but it was Jimmy full responsibility. All this non sense about clapping as if that is all he does only shows how clueless people are. You see a few seconds on the sideline during the broadcast and have it all figured out? lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett is the HC any failure offense or defense is his. You want to put the blame on Garrett fine I will agree and I will credit him when this team wins. Their job is a 7 day a week job it is not 1 day out of the week. Yes Moore calls offense and Richard calls defense and the full responsibility falls to Garrett. Jimmy never called a play that was Norv on offense and Wanstead then Davis on defense but it was Jimmy full responsibility. All this non sense about clapping as if that is all he does only shows how clueless people are. You see a few seconds on the sideline during the broadcast and have it all figured out? lol

Every job he’s held was taken away. Except clapping. He still excels in that category. You’re right, he’s amazing!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Every job he’s held was taken away. Except clapping. He still excels in that category. You’re right, he’s amazing!

That is a load of BS you have no clue as how much communication he has during the game with his staff. Yes he gave up play calling and they wanted him as full time HC not splitting between OC and HC, which is something Jimmy Johnson suggested at the get go saying the job was too demanding to split time doing both. I have said it many times around here if he ends up failing and getting fired so be it, but this stupid crap of oh he just claps only shows me how clueless people are. Dallas wins 3 in a row he had nothing to with it yet lose and Oh he was interfering, that is some stupid crap

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who do you blame when your players don't do their jobs? I know who I blame.
PLAYERS of course..any other such nonsense is ridiculous.. noone teaches players to have bad day.. if it were regular thing by the same player over and over,.sure coach has to step in and threaten their jobs..

Saints IMO all on the players..

Oline poor blocking, Witten fumble, zeke sort of fumble, Amaris sort of penaltys , and bad tackling/coverage from the defense etc etc..it was 2 point loss because of the players not the playcalling take half those mistakes back and we win..

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Did they ask him why we had a much higher percentage of runs on 1st down than in the first 3 games?

Garrett’s answer was “I disagree with that”. Seemingly not knowing game film makes it easy to count and see that there were more.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Based upon what Kellen Moore said, is it possible that both he and JG couldn't adjust? Maybe so -- dust may have gotten in both of these guys' eyes and they just couldn't see what kept happening when Zeke got stuffed throughout the entire game. From what Moore suggested, it was a collaborative effort.
Like Kellen suggested, let's see if they've learned their lesson and adjust accordingly. Yeah, that's the ticket! Let's see about that. :grin:

Ever thought that they tried to adjust and it just didn't work out? The OL was getting whipped on almost every play. What adjustment is there for that? If you can't run the ball against their front 4 and you can't throw the ball against their back 7.. it makes for a long day at the office. In those types of games, mistakes are paramount.. and we made the bigger mistakes in that game (fumbles, OPI and sack on the final drive) and that is why we lost.

Batman1980

Reaction score
PLAYERS of course..any other such nonsense is ridiculous.. noone teaches players to have bad day.. if it were regular thing by the same player over and over,.sure coach has to step in and threaten their jobs..

Saints IMO all on the players..

Oline poor blocking, Witten fumble, zeke sort of fumble, Amaris sort of penaltys , and bad tackling/coverage from the defense etc etc..it was 2 point loss because of the players not the playcalling take half those mistakes back and we win..

Witten fumbles every other year, just bad luck. Zeke has ball control issues. Amari was getting grabbed, I don't blame him for fighting through it.

Still gotta take it like a loss and move on, Packers tougher than Saints.