News: Let's put this myth JG forced Kellen hand Sunday night to bed

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I never thought he did.

Looked to me like the predictable struggles of a very young and new OC as he learns the ropes.
But this doesn't fit the narrative of Garrett haters.

If we fail in anything it's always.clearly and undoubtly Garret's a ault

blueblood70

Reaction score
Witten fumbles every other year, just bad luck. Zeke has ball control issues. Amari was getting grabbed, I don't blame him for fighting through it.

Still gotta take it like a loss and move on, Packers tougher than Saints.
still not on Garett or More, period...im way passed it but folks around here are still starting new threads on the saintz game..GB is 48hrs away..time to move on

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well, I'm guilty of also claiming it was clapper who schemed and called the game. In fact, having watched that interview, how do we know fore sure that he didn't and they are just not saying he did? Could be a cover up on all parts. Cause all I know is, the offense I watched looked exactly like the crap show garret is prone to pull. Ah well let a dead dog lie right... onward to the ***** packers!!

Cover up? Should we start and impeachment inquiry?

:facepalm:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did they ask him why we had a much higher percentage of runs on 1st down than in the first 3 games?

Garrett’s answer was “I disagree with that”. Seemingly not knowing game film makes it easy to count and see that there were more.

I posted this in another thread

There are several major differences in these numbers compared to previous weeks. In Week 4, the Cowboys actually had more passing attempts (12 including play-action) than rushing attempts (nine).

This stands in stark contrast to the run/pass ratio on first down in the preceding games: 18 runs to 11 pass attempts against the Giants, 17 runs and 10 pass attempts in Washington, and 20 runs with 10 pass attempts against the Dolphins.

It might be reasonable to argue Moore and/or head coach Jason Garrett should have called more passing plays on first down. However, the notion that the Dallas coaching staff stubbornly stuck to tradition and thereby mindlessly refused to adjust their game plan in New Orleans is not supported by the historical statistics.

In Weeks 1-3, the Cowboys quarterback threw the ball on 36% of their first-down plays. Against the Saints, they attempted a pass on 55% of their first-down plays.

Big_D

Reaction score
That is a load of BS you have no clue as how much communication he has during the game with his staff. Yes he gave up play calling and they wanted him as full time HC not splitting between OC and HC, which is something Jimmy Johnson suggested at the get go saying the job was too demanding to split time doing both. I have said it many times around here if he ends up failing and getting fired so be it, but this stupid crap of oh he just claps only shows me how clueless people are. Dallas wins 3 in a row he had nothing to with it yet lose and Oh he was interfering, that is some stupid crap

He never gets blamed for anything? lol Very sad.. only in Dallas. When they lose it's the 4 day old OC or Marinelli or Linehan or Wade Phillips or Rob Ryan that list goes on and on. Some fans rather live under a rock.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett is the HC any failure offense or defense is his. You want to put the blame on Garrett fine I will agree and I will credit him when this team wins. Their job is a 7 day a week job it is not 1 day out of the week. Yes Moore calls offense and Richard calls defense and the full responsibility falls to Garrett. Jimmy never called a play that was Norv on offense and Wanstead then Davis on defense but it was Jimmy full responsibility. All this non sense about clapping as if that is all he does only shows how clueless people are. You see a few seconds on the sideline during the broadcast and have it all figured out? lol
How do u dare make sense...it doesn't fit the conspiracy theories...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But this doesn't fit the narrative of Garrett haters.

If we fail in anything it's always.clearly and undoubtly Garret's a ault

I'm no hater of Garrett but I will say at the end of the game, loses and wins are at the feet of the HC. I'm not much into the finger pointing, I figure over the course of a game you can find many things that could be cleaned up and done better but with the job of HC also comes full responsibility of the results.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He never gets blamed for anything? lol Very sad.. only in Dallas. When they lose it's the 4 day old OC or Marinelli or Linehan or Wade Phillips or Rob Ryan that list goes on and on. Some fans rather live under a rock.

How is he not blamed? He is the HC it all falls to him. If OC or DC fail that is still on the HC. It does not matter if Garrett is calling the plays or others call the plays. As they put these plans in place through out the week Garrett is fully involved. If in the end they fail that is just as much Garrett as it is them. Players too are responsible for their play. I can tell you how to do something or tell you what I want you to do but you still have to go out and do it. Coaches do a lot but they do not actually play the game but it is the coaches job to have his team ready to play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm no hater of Garrett but I will say at the end of the game, loses and wins are at the feet of the HC. I'm not much into the finger pointing, I figure over the course of a game you can find many things that could be cleaned up and done better but with the job of HC also comes full responsibility of the results.
I fully agree. At the end of the day it's all on the coach and his staff....if the coach doesn't have input and is not responsible for the game plan then that's a screwed up organization to begin with and it will all fail no matter what...

But as you said many Garrett haters credited Moore for first three wins and now want to place full blame of a close loss on the road to a good team on Garrett excusing everybody else in the process

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I fully agree. At the end of the day it's all on the coach and his staff....if the coach doesn't have input and is not responsible for the game plan then that's a screwed up organization to begin with and it will all fail no matter what...

But as you said many Garrett haters credited Moore for first three wins and now want to place full blame of a close loss on the road to a good team on Garrett excusing everybody else in the process

I agree and find that about as childish as it gets. Anything that does not fit their narrative. I take no blame away nor do I take any credit away.

johneric8

Reaction score
Let me say this- We went ultra conservative offensively against the saints in our first REAL test of the year and from my vantage point what I saw is Garrett not being able to keeps his carrots out of the cookie jar it's that simple. I 100% believe that he was more involved in the strategy to pound the ball and show no mercy thinking it would work. That mixed with the fumbles, and the lack of adjustments in the passing game really cost us. I watched the game over and over and screens would of been open on so many of these plays it's laughable. No guts, no glory... I have no issue with less risky plays, and I think this wasn't a bad strategy against the saints, but screen passes are also high percentage plays that would of worked as the Saints proved offensively using this strategy. Sometimes you have to do what works and what the defense gives you. The saints don't allow stud running backs to gash them, it's proven..

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
ested, let's see if they've learned their lesson and adjust accordingly. Yeah, that's the ticket! Let's see about that. :grin:
What was Sean Payton's excuse?

We score more points after halftime than before. The Saints scored less points after halftime than before.

This halftime adjustment thing is a myth.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let me say this- We went ultra conservative offensively against the saints in our first REAL test of the year and from my vantage point what I saw is Garrett not being able to keeps his carrots out of the cookie jar it's that simple. I 100% believe that he was more involved in the strategy to pound the ball and show no mercy thinking it would work. That mixed with the fumbles, and the lack of adjustments in the passing game really cost us. I watched the game over and over and screens would of been open on so many of these plays it's laughable. No guts, no glory... I have no issue with less risky plays, and I think this wasn't a bad strategy against the saints, but screen passes are also high percentage plays that would of worked as the Saints proved offensively using this strategy. Sometimes you have to do what works and what the defense gives you. The saints don't allow stud running backs to gash them, it's proven..

and you are entitled to believe what you choose.

Tommy

Reaction score
Well, I'm guilty of also claiming it was clapper who schemed and called the game. In fact, having watched that interview, how do we know fore sure that he didn't and they are just not saying he did? Could be a cover up on all parts. Cause all I know is, the offense I watched looked exactly like the crap show garret is prone to pull. Ah well let a dead dog lie right... onward to the ***** packers!!
Your right!

It's a complete cover up. You should keep believing that Garrett sabotaged everything.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And Kellen Moore and Jason Garrett could have conspired with Lee Harvey Oswald … well, other than both being way too young. Or are they lying about their age too …?

Big_D

Reaction score
How is he not blamed? He is the HC it all falls to him. If OC or DC fail that is still on the HC. It does not matter if Garrett is calling the plays or others call the plays. As they put these plans in place through out the week Garrett is fully involved. If in the end they fail that is just as much Garrett as it is them. Players too are responsible for their play. I can tell you how to do something or tell you what I want you to do but you still have to go out and do it. Coaches do a lot but they do not actually play the game but it is the coaches job to have his team ready to play

This thread is evidence of it. No blame for Garrett. Here every coordinator or assistant coach is held more accountable. That's absolutely been the case for a decade now. We can listen to lack of execution, the coordinators suck, lack of talent, Jerry.. it's a long list. You haven't seen these threads?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was ridiculous to suggest Garret would interfere with what was working and also naïve to think that was just going to keep on working. They played 3 crummy teams and ran into a good one that had seen enough to develop a good D plan.

The other thing is that some really poor assumptions were made about the OL without considering who they were playing. Those pockets that Prescott had in the first 3 games were a farce and to be short lived. What he saw in NO and what we saw last night, those are real NFL pockets. Let's hope that's what Rodgers sees Sunday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This thread is evidence of it. No blame for Garrett. Here every coordinator or assistant coach is held more accountable. That's absolutely been the case for a decade now. We can listen to lack of execution, the coordinators suck, lack of talent, Jerry.. it's a long list. You haven't seen these threads?

I can speak for myself and you bet I put blame on Garrett, I put blame on Moore and I put blame on players as well. They all play a part and in the end did not do enough to win. Having said that I'm ready to move on to the next game and hope to see a better showing. I understand out of 16 games not everyone will be a great game and you will have some poor games as well. At the end of the year odds of any team putting up a perfect record is slim. However a message board is a place for people to vent and point their fingers and let others know. Fine. As for me as I said yes Garrett is to blame and if it make you happy I will even give him 90% of the blame and I will give him the credit for wins as well