Let's put this OL debate to REST!

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Man I think you guys are seeing what you want to see with Fabini. Likewise I don't think the center "battle" is as settled as you want to believe. I agree that there are tough decisions to be made and they will have to be made this week, for the most part. Parcells can change his mind next week if he has to but I gotta believe he'd like to start the 3rd game with the line he thinks will start against Jacksonville.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
As far as the O-Line goes. Anyone think Saban would trade Seth McKinney for Peterman? (and stash him on the IR for the rest of the year)

I know McKinney is hurt (hopefully not career ending), but he was a player who could play inside before the injury. I haven't heard of the extent of McKinney's injuries, but if they think they are going to cut Peterman anyway, then this might be a pretty good trade. Seth is signed this year and one more, and of course he would need a thorough physical, but if he has a chance to play at all, it would be more than I think we are going to get from Peterman now.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Again I point to Kosier's comment about the run blocking being poor b/c the OL was confused by the movement of the Saint's DL.

Isn't it the center's job to call our new assignments? Ya think Payton knows how to mess with Gurode?
Keeping the Al Johnson for starter hopes alive............

It doesn't matter if you think Al Johnson is better at making line calls. He' .

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Again I point to Kosier's comment about the run blocking being poor b/c the OL was confused by the movement of the Saint's DL.

Isn't it the center's job to call our new assignments? Ya think Payton knows how to mess with Gurode?
Keeping the Al Johnson for starter hopes alive............If making Line calls and blocking in space were the only requirements for being a Starting center.......Al Johnson would be HOF bound.

Gets so much credit for being average.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
The good thing is that both Columbo and Fabini are playing better at RT then Pettiti did thus far, so we are improved there already. I think BP wants Columbo to win out so Fabini can swing...even though Pettiti has been playing swing so far.

However, Fabini played very well last night. At this point we have a battle at RT going on still...and it appears to be an upgrade the way they are playing. I'm bummed a bit because I wanted Pettiti to win out, but does not appear to be the case.

I think it is too early to tell. Petitti was moved over to play left tackle in practice because Flozell wasn't ready for training camp. McQuisten isn't going to beat out Petitti, although I'm sure the Cowboys brass will hide him somewhere (like IR for this year). If Columbo is for real, then a future of Columbo, Petitti, and McQuisten as the tackles will bode well for the team.