Let's Recap The Dak Situation So Far

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1. The horrible Green Bay flop that saw Dak become the first QB to ever lose to a 7th seed as well as his playoff record falling to 2-5 making it the worst of all time for a QB with at least 5 starts. This was the game where many of the on the fence types chose a side.

2. Jerry’s “We’ll go as far as Dak takes us and that’s how far we went” comment. That’s not a ringing endorsement, huh?

3. Zero activity in free agency signaling that things were changing as far as the current group of players and coaches were concerned, so there’s no need for that “all in” offseason many thought Jerry prophesied.

4. The 5 million restructure making Daks mega hit next season a little more manageable. They could’ve saved 20+ million by resigning him, but they chose to just save 5 and not resign him. Very telling.

5. Then the news of Dak and Dallas agreeing to play out his last year comes out further showing that things seem to be reaching a divorce point.

6. Rumors of a trade to Las Vegas. Are they true? Probably not, but it’s just more smoke for the already fire.

7. Daks legal trouble. What comes of this is anybody’s guess, but it doesn’t help Dak. Thats for certain.

8. Rumors the Cowboys take a QB in the 1st round. Will they? It remains to be seen, but again, just more smoke for the now bonfire sized fire.

9. Jerry is a businessman first. We know his football knowledge is remedial, but he knows how to make money. Businessmen aren’t going to get suckered twice by the same guy. He got played once by Dak, but that ego won’t allow it to happen again.

10. The players families piling on also. They aren’t saying anything they don’t hear from other players. Heck, even Tad wants Dak out at this point.

I don’t see how any of this is trending in the “Dak gets resigned” territory.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wouldn't read much into the restructure. They had to get under the cap and Dak's restructure helped them but it was so small that it also wouldn't kill them by pushing a ton of money into the future. All told, they just shifted $4MM into the future where we will have to account for it next year.

That's not me saying that he's getting re-signed. I have no idea what these boobs are thinking but I wouldn't use the restructure as proof of anything.

Further, the way they are going about this if they really are dumping Dak, is freaking stupid. But we already knew Jerry and Stephen are inept.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1. The horrible Green Bay flop that saw Dak become the first QB to ever lose to a 7th seed as well as his playoff record falling to 2-5 making it the worst of all time for a QB with at least 5 starts. This was the game where many of the on the fence types chose a side.

2. Jerry’s “We’ll go as far as Dak takes us and that’s how far we went” comment. That’s not a ringing endorsement, huh?

3. Zero activity in free agency signaling that things were changing as far as the current group of players and coaches were concerned, so there’s no need for that “all in” offseason many thought Jerry prophesied.

4. The 5 million restructure making Daks mega hit next season a little more manageable. They could’ve saved 20+ million by resigning him, but they chose to just save 5 and not resign him. Very telling.

5. Then the news of Dak and Dallas agreeing to play out his last year comes out further showing that things seem to be reaching a divorce point.

6. Rumors of a trade to Las Vegas. Are they true? Probably not, but it’s just more smoke for the already fire.

7. Daks legal trouble. What comes of this is anybody’s guess, but it doesn’t help Dak. Thats for certain.

8. Rumors the Cowboys take a QB in the 1st round. Will they? It remains to be seen, but again, just more smoke for the now bonfire sized fire.

9. Jerry is a businessman first. We know his football knowledge is remedial, but he knows how to make money. Businessmen aren’t going to get suckered twice by the same guy. He got played once by Dak, but that ego won’t allow it to happen again.

10. The players families piling on also. They aren’t saying anything they don’t hear from other players. Heck, even Tad wants Dak out at this point.

You covered it all.......I will give you that much (lol)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

roadkill.deer_.jpg

TexasBacon

Reaction score

I don't know how you can use all these data points and statistics to back up your views/opinions on Dak and then ignore that Jerry and Stephen have never put together a championship roster, or even come close without Jimmy. Which means that they will likely resign him because being "competitive" and selling tickets is more important than tanking for the future, and if they don't they have absolutely 0 hits on scouting and acquiring good QB talent that they didn't luck into. Even if you were 100% right about everything you say about Dak I would still think they probably have a better shot with him getting hot at the right time than they would the Jones' finding a great QB and actually taking advantage of a rookie deal and going "all in" at the right time. Not implying they have a great shot either way but I think the Jones' are worse at team building than you think Dak is at the QB position.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I don't know how you can use all these data points and statistics to back up your views/opinions on Dak and then ignore that Jerry and Stephen have never put together a championship roster, or even come close without Jimmy. Which means that they will likely resign him because being "competitive" and selling tickets is more important than tanking for the future, and if they don't they have absolutely 0 hits on scouting and acquiring good QB talent that they didn't luck into. Even if you were 100% right about everything you say about Dak I would still think they probably have a better shot with him getting hot at the right time than they would the Jones' finding a great QB and actually taking advantage of a rookie deal and going "all in" at the right time. Not implying they have a great shot either way but I think the Jones' are worse at team building than you think Dak is at the QB position.
what more else does he need all pro's at every position?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well that's that. We keep dak cuz everything else sucks too. Okay.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
what more else does he need all pro's at every position?
Any semblance of a running game.... a defense that doesn't give up 30 plus points and can stop the run, and has at least, ya know, ONE actual linebacker, lol. Things any SB winning team has. Don't get me wrong, Dak played bad too (especially given the season he had... the drop offs in play are both inexplicable and inexcusable) but he's never had close to the stacked rosters that have made the SB. Other than maybe his rookie year but the defense was never great. Honestly I think Quinn's defenses were kind of like Dak's play these past few years.... alot of flash but not much substance when it came to beating the good teams.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

dumb-and-dumber-comedy.gif

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Maybe, however, he's also got: a history of capitulation in contract extensions, bases his football business on staying relevant and being obsessed with keeping his 'elite' stars.
Oh he'll try, but he's in that position that if he moves on from Dak he'll be out of his depth in rebuilding a team....he'll be forced to re-sign Dak, as he's too scared of the alternative.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe, however, he's also got: a history of capitulation in contract extensions, bases his football business on staying relevant and being obsessed with keeping his 'elite' stars.
Oh he'll try, but he's in that position that if he moves on from Dak he'll be out of his depth in rebuilding a team....he'll be forced to re-sign Dak, as he's too scared of the alternative.
When has he gotten screwed twice by the same player in contract negotiations though?