Let's say Collins misses a lot of games again

stiletto

Reaction score
Hypothetical here.................................what do the Cowboys do?

Do they rely on the new swing tackle or do they move Martin out to tackle and get Mcgovern in there at guard?

Definitely let Martin move out to Tackle permanently. Tackle is more important. Put McGovern in as guard and when Collins comes back he has to play guard. Tackle is more critical that we don't keep losing. Collins has proven to be less durable than Zach but he's better than McGovern, so when he's healthy he can move to guard.. that's what I'd do/ask of Zach.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your $40M QB Dak can't function if one OT is missing? Your $15M RB Elliott can't run because one OT is missing? Your $20M WR Cooper can't catch if one OT is missing? That is a nightmare if true, and has nothing to do with your missing OT.
Dak was heading the #1 offense in nfl history without two starting tackles.
Zeke not so much. :thumbup:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In the official Cowboys podcasts I've been able to catch during training camp, they talk like it's a foregone conclusion Martin will be going to RT again if Collins is out. I am worried about our oline. Injuries are not going away. I think #63 is underrated. But that depth is not there.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

Do they rely on the new swing tackle or do they move Martin out to tackle and get Mcgovern in there at guard?
I think that would be exactly what you would have to do. It took the media screaming at Big Mac last year to get him to finally move Martin and to no one's surprise it worked.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dak was heading the #1 offense in nfl history without two starting tackles.
Zeke not so much. :thumbup:

So, as long as Dak is healthy, it does not matter who is at OT, right? That is why he makes $40M/year which is probably more than the whole offensive line makes in total including all the backups.

So, no nightmare then if Collins is out.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I know right? Bad Karma Man..
OIP.vNQbPOT2WHzGGrcVQHr89AHaHB

You bet. That's some bad juju **** there.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Send him packing, the dude can't stay healthy.................

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let's say Collins misses a lot of games again

Uhhh, let's not. In fact, let's not even think about it. :eek:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I understand he's the line coach;Joe’s background with offensive line coaching is extensive. He worked from the late 80s through 2002 with various college programs. He joined the Packers in 2003 and was retained as the offensive line coach in 2006 when McCarthy first arrived. Philbin eventually moved up to offensive coordinator at GrenBay. Whats the problem

yeah…I know his history.

college coach.

but as a Pro, he’s known for being an OC.

he’s done a year or two as OL, but mostly OC and head coach.

he’s here because he worked with big Mike at Green Bay as OC.

big buddies .

RonWashington

Reaction score

Either Steele or the 35 yr old FA pick up from Buffalo should be concerning . I guess since it’s RT the rush will be facing Dak as he sets so he will get full view of it coming hopefully escape . OT needs to be a HIGH priority in 2022 draft .

Rayman70

Reaction score
We drafted Ball..I say lay the kid at RT if LC cant go,and counting on LC was idiotic btw. I said this all off season .

DuncanIso

Reaction score
In the official Cowboys podcasts I've been able to catch during training camp, they talk like it's a foregone conclusion Martin will be going to RT again if Collins is out. I am worried about our oline. Injuries are not going away. I think #63 is underrated. But that depth is not there.

i think Steele would go to RT.

IMHO, they should have drafted a RT in the 2nd instead of a corner.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nsekhe has been OK in the past (i.e. "Good Enough")

Nsekhe didn't impress me this preseason but he should be a little better at RT than at LT.

The team will definitely prefer to keep Martin at OG because that keeps him between the RT and the young OC.

Martin thinks the OL is better with him at RG and one of the backup OTs at OT.
- They interviewed Martin during one of the preseason games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i think Steele would go to RT.

IMHO, they should have drafted a RT in the 2nd instead of a corner.
Steele actually had a few good games last season.
- His worst games were worse than Knight's worst games but his best games were better than Knight's best games.
- Steele looked OK at RT in the preseason but terrible at LT.
- He played RT in college and only RT last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like Parsons and Collins, better than Jaylon and Slater?

Jaylon? Anything with Jaylon in it sounds terrible.

With Collins, its easy for you Slater guys to come in here with Collins having issues.

I would still take Parsons. To get a stud like that in the middle of our defense is just what we needed.

If Collins has a year of in and out, then it becomes a big issue. Should be addressed in next years draft or FA.