Let's talk about Bret Maher

Carson

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be a lesser known kicker

Matt Bryant is still available

Kicker, punter, SS, and TE still need to be upgraded prior to the season

Problem with Bryant, is he cannot kickoff.

So unless Jones can kickoff, you’re costing an extra spot.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was expecting him to miss the close one and was surprised he missed the 50+ yarder. There had to be a kid out there kicking. Get me Bailey back.

Given that the Vikings traded for a kicker from Baltimore, I expect Bailey to be available.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was expecting him to miss the close one and was surprised he missed the 50+ yarder. There had to be a kid out there kicking. Get me Bailey back.

Given that the Vikings traded for a kicker from Baltimore, I expect Bailey to be available.

Bailey has made less than 80% of his FGs the last 3 seasons - worse than Maher's rate last year. Please stop trying to resurrect 2015 Dan Bailey.

I'm definitely scouring the league right now though, looking at teams with 2 kickers performing well in camp. One of them is going to be available.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Bailey has made less than 80% of his FGs the last 3 seasons - worse than Maher's rate last year. Please stop trying to resurrect 2015 Dan Bailey.

I'm definitely scouring the league right now though, looking at teams with 2 kickers performing well in camp. One of them is going to be available.

:thumbup:Do your job Jake! lol

glimmerman

Reaction score

No. I want my 2015 Bailey back, my Bailey back Bailey back. I want my Bailey back, Bailey back. Bailey back ribs.

GenoT

Reaction score
That we’re even talking about our kicker at this stage of the preseason indicates there’s a potentially serious problem at the position.

lkelly

Reaction score
And I mean teal ugly. The guy is in his own head at this point. Likely not going to get better. Last year he missed his first attempt and then went on a run. Now he is just getting worse..

There's no ugly like teal ugly.

USATSI_11263282.jpg

aria

Reaction score
No. I want my 2015 Bailey back, my Bailey back Bailey back. I want my Bailey back, Bailey back. Bailey back ribs.
I was po’d when we let Bailey go, we were so spoiled to have him. I think kickers are one of the most under appreciated and most important positions there are. So many games come down to FG’s, whether it be a game winning FG or even a missed FG in the first quarter when the game is tied but gives the other team a huge advantage in field position.

I’m not saying I would go Al Davis, although in the long run that didn’t turn out to be a bad pick, but I wouldn’t hesitate to make my FG kicker the highest paid in the league if that’s what it took to get someone that good. That’s one of the few positions you don’ screw around with or skimp on.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I guess the real question .......is there a better option? Do you gamble going with a lesser-known kicker?

Maher is going to mess a few deciding kicks this year and I'm just going to turn my head & order another beer when it goes down.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
You figure a team notorious for playing for field goals these last several seasons wouldn't have waited until the 3rd pre-season game to get some competition in there........................

glimmerman

Reaction score
I was po’d when we let Bailey go, we were so spoiled to have him. I think kickers are one of the most under appreciated and most important positions there are. So many games come down to FG’s, whether it be a game winning FG or even a missed FG in the first quarter when the game is tied but gives the other team a huge advantage in field position.

I’m not saying I would go Al Davis, although in the long run that didn’t turn out to be a bad pick, but I wouldn’t hesitate to make my FG kicker the highest paid in the league if that’s what it took to get someone that good. That’s one of the few positions you don’ screw around with or skimp on.
Miss the days of the ice man. I could go pee or mix a drink for a FG or extra point attempt. Now my behind puckers for every kick. Cutting Bailey was unfortunately the best move. But at this point we need to make a change again. Maher is in his own head and it’s not going to change it seems. There had to be kickers out there and our scouts have had good luck finding them for a while now..