Let's talk about that 59 yard goal

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Predicting something and hoping are two different things. Here I’ll give you an example:

“I hope I win the lottery!”
Doesn’t mean I will win it. I want to, but most likely won’t.

“I won’t win the lottery. Even if I buy this ticket.”
Does that mean I don’t want to win the lottery?

My wording was “when we miss the playoffs” not, “I hope we miss the playoffs”.

Comprehend and then comeback to me.
Nah.....you're like all the other negative nancies.....just can't admit it

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike has gone from Riverboat Gambler to Garrett. I thought there were a couple good spots to go on 4th today, especially not trying a 59 yarder after your kicker just missed an EP.

exciter

Reaction score
I used to go to a Vikings message board that had quite a bit of Packers fans. A lot of those Packers fans hated Mike because of all the dumb decisions he's made to ruin games.
So when the Cowboys hired him I was really disappointed because I knew he was just a slightly better Jason Garrett.
Yeah I was a bit disappointed myself but then Dan Campbell was one of the coaches I was wanting them them to interview and we’ll that just ain’t working out in Detroit lol!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Seriously how stupid of a decision.

This is like the 3rd time McCarthy has done this.

It's not like Zeurline is reliable.

Just awful.
Yeah that was a Garrett move. Zeurlines missed extra point cost us the game.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Yeah I was a bit disappointed myself but then Dan Campbell was one of the coaches I was wanting them them to interview and we’ll that just ain’t working out in Detroit lol!
That Detroit team is historically bad though. Dan Campbell might eventually be a good HC in the NFL. He's just getting started. Mike McCarthy is a known quantity in the league. You know what your going to get with him unfortunately.

JustChip

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are learning why McCarthy wasn’t more successful with Rodgers.

He makes 3-4 dumb decisions a game.
Just my opinion and I have no qualifications other than being a fan, but I don’t see how it can be said that he is a difference maker on game day. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

links18

Reaction score
I'll ask it again after this game: do we have a fake punt play?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think JG punts plays field position . 28 of 32 HC in this league probably punt. 59 is absurd
I just can’t get that crazy 55 yarder against Minnesota out of my head in 2019. I was done after that game with Garrett.