Let's talk about that 59 yard goal

Proof

Reaction score
...Raider kicker showed him up today. A Nobody vs Greg the Leg. Result, LVR win.

i wanted him to miss that 50 yarder more than anything lol. i was pleading to whatever deity would listen

exciter

Reaction score
That Detroit team is historically bad though. Dan Campbell might eventually be a good HC in the NFL. He's just getting started. Mike McCarthy is a known quantity in the league. You know what your going to get with him unfortunately.
Yeah I get that but Payton felt the need to give him an assistant head coach title so I was expecting a bit more and he made some poor decisions today I wouldn’t have expected!

conner01

Reaction score
Even the playoffs will be a one and done deal . MM is not the guy to take this team to a SB . Jerry has not helped either wirh overpaid bums like zeke and DLaw . Dak is aLeo overpaid
The only way you don’t over pay by many fans calculation is never give a second contract to anyone
I didn’t like a RB at the spot we took Zeke and I would have extended him earlier to get out earlier but you don’t use a 6th pick on a guy and let him walk after 4 years. I don’t know if MM can win a SB here, and neither do those who say he can’t. He has won one though.
Dak is far from being over paid. He got market value so your option was pay him or start all over trying to find a QB which is proven to be very hard to find

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think the sound choice is PUNT . Flip the field

It was either that (punt) or, if you wanted to be aggressive, go for it and try to convert the 4th down.

To go for the lowest percentage option (kicking a 59 yard FG) was plainly dumb.

Remember, if you fail to make the FG the ball is spotted from where it was kicked rather than at the LOS.

JayFord

Reaction score
I used to go to a Vikings message board that had quite a bit of Packers fans. A lot of those Packers fans hated Mike because of all the dumb decisions he's made to ruin games.
So when the Cowboys hired him I was really disappointed because I knew he was just a slightly better Jason Garrett.
i used to date a woman who was a packers fan and she said McCarthy is one of the worst coaches and she's be happy when hes gone

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hope he’s fired after we miss the playoffs this season
Go watch the Cardinals. You have proven that you arent a fan of this team. So why are you still here? You jumped ship onto another team last night. go watch them and stay off the board.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You want this team to fail. Look at your signature. You must have 0 life to come here and spew nonsense and antagonize people who follow this team religiously only to go say you're cheering for the Cardinals now.

basel90

Reaction score
The only way you don’t over pay by many fans calculation is never give a second contract to anyone
I didn’t like a RB at the spot we took Zeke and I would have extended him earlier to get out earlier but you don’t use a 6th pick on a guy and let him walk after 4 years. I don’t know if MM can win a SB here, and neither do those who say he can’t. He has won one though.
Dak is far from being over paid. He got market value so your option was pay him or start all over trying to find a QB which is proven to be very hard to find
You have some valid points .
Zeke was drafted 4th and not 6th . So the mistake by jerry was even bigger at 4th and Garrett who probably pushed for it !!! Jerry compounded it by giving him a massive renewal . I knew it was a mistake mainly due to zeke’s history of lack of discipline and off field issues . No wonder he is at the current shape and last year was not an exception .

Dak is a much better value of course but he is not worth that contract as we can see , and seen . He has been a costly QB as Jerry is always trying to save dak with draft picks ( amari Cooper ) and running game ( zeke ) .
I hope he finds his consistency soon as we can now see he cannot elevate or save the team in tough games .

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Seriously how stupid of a decision.

This is like the 3rd time McCarthy has done this.

It's not like Zeurline is reliable.

Just awful.

You cant make some of these calls up. It's like he's trolling the fans

RonWashington

Reaction score
It was either that (punt) or, if you wanted to be aggressive, go for it and try to convert the 4th down.

To go for the lowest percentage option (kicking a 59 yard FG) was plainly dumb.

Remember, if you fail to make the FG the ball is spotted from where it was kicked rather than at the LOS.

MM is like a Las Vegas black Jack table grifter who thinks if he gambles one more hand he comes up flush unfortunately he’s tapping out mortgaging the cars

rambo2

Reaction score
Seriously how stupid of a decision.

This is like the 3rd time McCarthy has done this.

It's not like Zeurline is reliable.

Just awful.
I was against it, but 6 inches to the right and he makes it.

Creeper

Reaction score
I wouldn;t have done it but I think McCarthy was looking for something to light a fire under his team. If they made it, it might have been the momentum boost to get them going in the right direction.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You cant make some of these calls up. It's like he's trolling the fans
lol he might be!
But no he is just dumb, 55 and up you only try at end of half or game.
The further back the kicker is the more accurate his swing has to be. If he is a little off, up closer it still goes thru, but further back it misses.
Also requires more power in kick, and I think that affects the swing and aim, so harder to be accurate on those long ones.

My main complaint is that you give the other team great FPosition ! That is something mike just ignores ( also some other coaches)