Let's talk DT and RB

Sydla

Reaction score
Clearly big holes that could bite us in the *** come the season.

So throw out some names as to who might be available come August cuts. Dallas cannot go into the season with what they have at both spots.

12+88=7

Reaction score
This is not the best, but I believe the team is going into the season with Elliott, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Leupke as the RBs. I think Freeman is camp fodder.

The DT is another story. I believe the team will ABSOLUTELY pick up another once all the cuts are made.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I could swear that just after the draft Jerry said he is intrigued by what what Ezekiel Elliott could do as RB1.

Am I wrong or did that happen? If I’m not, that tells us plenty.

Run the ball and stop the run are the keys yes? Those were arguably the two weakest areas of the team, and the answers were an RB they cut two years ago for being cooked and a 7th round DT.

They say the ball hasn’t bounced right. It’s maddening and why I now expect nothing. I’ll watch only because I don’t know any better. Not yet anyway.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So throw out some names as to who might be available come August cuts. Dallas cannot go into the season with what they have at both spots.
1tech DTs that can't rush the passer will be available once Zimmer confirms they must get one. Teams generally only carry 1 run downs only DT (Trend for the past 5-ish years).

Zimmer can't really say for certain until he sees them in pads.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re not going to find anyone that’s going to make a significant impact that gets cut this summer at either position especially at DT. Once we moved on from Hankins the plan is to sink or swim with Mazi. Not a very comforting thought.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

DT, honestly I dont see anyone. Maybe they add a cut to the PS. You probably going to see quality in August cuts

HB its possible they add someone they could give 100+ carries too. Probably not someone who is much better, or any better than Zeke though. I think a trade for Dameon Pierce is the best you can hope for

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
They definitely need to address those two positions because if they want to be serious about winning this year (which I have serious doubts about) acquiring a big body DT who can actually play is a must.