Lets talk Eagles

bewp7

Reaction score
ill say it because im not playing or coaching so who cares :p

eagles stink, hurts stinks and is nothing compared to brady or herbert

if cowboys do not win by at least 10 they should be ashamed!!!!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
But none of this is luck. That's how the game played out. All of us want the offense to score 40 points every week and walk over every defense in front of them for 60 minutes. Sometimes it happens. Most times it does not.

Before the game, I thought the Chargers would win. Maybe by double digits. I was thrilled that I was wrong.

But then I'm told - Yeah it's sort of a win, but not really because they were lucky. The Chargers "imploded", so it doesn't really count.

Sorry. I reject it completely. Do they need to get better? Of course? Can they play cleaner? Absolutely. But that does not mean they were lucky. They just need to improve.

No one is arguing they didn’t win the game or that somehow the result doesn’t count lol

Go back to when you started with me… you challenged me because I said Dak wasn’t sharp. You asked me to explain how he wasn’t sharp— which I did.

You have since shifted to lecture me about “luck” (I used the word “fortunate” by the way— but I digress lol) and I don’t know what your point is.

Are you upset because I think we were fortunate to win a game we could have easily lost?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Division games are wierd...bet your arss they are comming here to win. We need to clean the mistakes up more this week and get closer to an all around tight game. We will need good passing numbers this game (well maybe the injuries they have will loosen up the run) but they still have a good run D. I figure between Parson and Neal we need to keep Hurtz behind the LOS. If we keep him in the pocket and the Offense exsposes that secondary we should win this.

Honestly if RG is back I spy Hurtz 100% with Parson and make him beat us from the pocket.

Reaction score
No one is arguing they didn’t win the game or that somehow the result doesn’t count lol

Go back to when you started with me… you challenged me because I said Dak wasn’t sharp. You asked me to explain how he wasn’t sharp— which I did.

You have since shifted to lecture me about “luck” (I used the word “fortunate” by the way— but I digress lol) and I don’t know what your point is.

Are you upset because I think we were fortunate to win a game we could have easily lost?
Dak was 23 of 27 for 237 yards. To me, that's good.

He didn't get 400 yards. Didn't get a TD pass. But he led the game winning drive. When the game was on the line, he drove the offense to the winning score. Despite the coaches bizarre decisions at the end.

But he was a complement to the running game. Troy Aikman won 100 games with stat's like this.

My point is that Cowboys wins that are discounted because they were lucky is bogus. They were no more or no less lucky than any other winning team yesterday.

They were an underdog, on the road against a good team. And they won. Maybe they didn't earn any style points. But I don't care. So many times you hear the sign of a good team is they win when not playing their best football.

They need to get better. I don't know if they will. I hope they will. But I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss 100 times out of 100.

Reaction score
Regardless, this is an Eagles thread. Cowboys will win Monday night. But that will probably be lucky too.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak was 23 of 27 for 237 yards. To me, that's good.

He didn't get 400 yards. Didn't get a TD pass. But he led the game winning drive. When the game was on the line, he drove the offense to the winning score. Despite the coaches bizarre decisions at the end.

But he was a complement to the running game. Troy Aikman won 100 games with stat's like this.

My point is that Cowboys wins that are discounted because they were lucky is bogus. They were no more or no less lucky than any other winning team yesterday.

They were an underdog, on the road against a good team. And they won. Maybe they didn't earn any style points. But I don't care. So many times you hear the sign of a good team is they win when not playing their best football.

They need to get better. I don't know if they will. I hope they will. But I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss 100 times out of 100.

With you on the whole “take the ugly win over a beautiful loss” thing 100%

Dak’s performance— not so much. Though his completion percentage was great— he needs to lead us to more than 6 points over 3 quarters. It’s not all his fault— but IMO— he was merely average and he was outplayed by Herbert even with Herbert throwing more INTs.

His last drive was great— on that we agree. But too many other wasted opportunities for me to just look at his completion percentage and say “great job 4”. When you demand elite money— you better deliver elite production. He did not yesterday.

And for the sake of clarity— when I say elite production, I do not mean 400 yards and 4 TDs. I don’t expect that every game. What I mean is— elite decision making, efficiency in passing, and capitalizing on the bulk of your opportunities.

IMO— he made some poor decisions, and he did not capitalize on enough opportunities yesterday. He was great at certain spots— but truly average in other moments.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Should be a good game. Eagles defense is much improved. And they have a lot of speed at skill positions, but they are very inexperienced there too. Hurts seems to have the same liabilities Dak has (red zone struggles, passing into crowded areas) but Dak is clearly the better QB at this point. I think the Boys take this one.

Heath

Reaction score
Hurts can beat you with his legs.

Not this past weekend, and not next Monday night. I will say it now...we sack Hurts 4 times, get 3 interceptions, and win by 14.

IF...we line up Parsons all over the field! They will have no idea how to account for him.

Heath

Reaction score
Never take an NFC East showdown for granted. The birds would like nothing better than to knock us off on national TV....

Same is true for our Cowboys. We are just now playing with swagger, and the defense is becoming a threat to steal the ball regularly.

And...I HATE the friggin Eagles.

That is all.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
No Brandon Brooks, no Brandon Graham, no Zach Ertz, Miles Sanders playing on a bum ankle, Jalon Hurts not an NFL-level passer yet. Not worried.

Amazed at Cox though. He is double and triple teamed every play I see him in and he still makes plays.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Same is true for our Cowboys. We are just now playing with swagger, and the defense is becoming a threat to steal the ball regularly.

And...I HATE the friggin Eagles.

That is all.
I agree. I'm loving our swagger. They aren't letting anyone punch them in the mouth and giving up. They are swinging back this year.

9of11

Reaction score
Should blow them out...but we will probably play down to them and make a close game at the end...I HATE THE IGGLES!!!!