Lets talk Eagles

the_h0wey

Reaction score
They looked good against horrid Falcons, but not so much this week. Bad run game for them and Hurtz has to run for everything.

Good run defense for them with Cox in the middle. I see this as our easiest game of the first 3.

I would agree this is the easiest of the 3, but I hope we aren't looking past them. Division games are always close.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
Jalen hurts can’t read defenses, and avoids left side of the field. Just tucks and runs

ghst187

Reaction score
This SHOULD be a comfortable W…
And if it is, would go a long way in starting to put some distance between us and the rest of the division as I don’t see NYG or Wash getting more than one or two wins a piece in the next 6-8 weeks and I don’t see Philly winning a game until week 8 without a surprising upset.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't see this as a easy win. Philly looks pretty tough up front on both sides of the line. Hurts ability to run puts a lot of pressure on defense and they have some good young WR on that team. Right now I want Cowboys to enjoy yesterdays win today and then put it behind them tomorrow and focus in on Philly.
This team has no mulligans
They have to play to their potential
To win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This team has no mulligans
They have to play to their potential
To win.

True but that is also what it takes to become a great team to play up to their potential every time they hit the field. Irvin said the other day what it takes to build a winning culture, it winning. When you go from hoping to win to knowing you can win. Win vs Chargers was good but means a lot less if you turn around and lay an egg. Cowboys need to prove to themselves that they are ready to take the next step.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is a 50% passer at this level and panics under pressure.

Brandon Graham was lost for the year, an Brandin Brooks will be out 3-4 weeks

Their secondary is a liability

We are the better team, with the better QB, at home. This should be a win.

Exactly the above and when he panics he takes off for his daily jog which hides his panic if he is gaining yards.

He'll get found out for this nervousness soon enough.

Gotta be carefull of his long field bombs though. I dont want him to be remembered in the game against us for pulling that type of play off.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
True but that is also what it takes to become a great team to play up to their potential every time they hit the field. Irvin said the other day what it takes to build a winning culture, it winning. When you go from hoping to win to knowing you can win. Win vs Chargers was good but means a lot less if you turn around and lay an egg. Cowboys need to prove to themselves that they are ready to take the next step.
Jimmy had the best preparation for getting the team ready to play well.

Aven8

Reaction score
Philly’s strength is the Oline and Dline. This won’t be easy. This week I don’t play Parsons at DE. I want him in the middle chasing down Hurts. Hurts also loves the long ball.

Sydla

Reaction score
Philly’s strength is the Oline and Dline. This won’t be easy. This week I don’t play Parsons at DE. I want him in the middle chasing down Hurts. Hurts also loves the long ball.

Brandon Brooks will be out most likely along the OL and Brandon Graham is done at DE for the year most likely. So they are a bit weaker along both lines heading into our game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didn’t you also say we had no chance against the chargers? Just curious if I read that prediction wrong.

Yeah so did Vegas so I feel great about my prediction. Even after watching the game. Dallas was very fortunate to win.

That’s called an upset. Welcome to football.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I was hoping to have a week of fear but I really wish they’d have shown more yesterday. Cowboys gotta tackle and cover deep for the occasional long ball. Have they tried attacking the middle of the field at all yet? Cowboys should win.

Ozone22

Reaction score
Division games can be some of the best and some of the toughest a lot of teams will face during the season. Should be a good game and I'll take the Boys for the win.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a division game . This will be another game won by the team who has the ball last.

Reaction score
Watched it too… The 49ers were sloppy to start. Garappolo was really off at the start of the game. Philly made some bad calls for sure— but they could not stop the run as the game went on.

It will be a tough division game— but I think Dallas is the better team overall, and playing at home on national TV is in our favor as well. We can still lose, but we would need to give the game away basically— and I think Dak will have a much sharper game than he did yesterday
I keep reading that Dak wasn't sharp yesterday. He was 23 of 27. The pick was bad. I'll give you that. But its not as if he was sailing balls over receivers heads or bouncing balls off the turf

When you running game rushes for almost 200 yards, you don't need Dak throwing for 400 yards.

Red zone offense is still an issue and Dak is part of that. But overall, he played very well and complemented the running game. And that's what you want