Let's talk LBs

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Liafau is the guy I like this year. He's a Hitchens type, just kind of your basic run and hit 'backer. But he tested well - a 4.64 40 at 234 lbs would be good for an RB - and he plays fundamentally sound ball.

I see him as more of a single hit than a swing for the fences, but I am tired of swinging for the fences at LB.

cnuball21

Reaction score
But can he stack and shed and stop the run, as well as middle coverage in the zone? If he can stop the run, and play the zone........Dallas has other smaller types that can get the coverage details. Pass rusher just means he probably won't be there when Dallas picks.
No, he cant play off the ball LBr. We’re talking about a complete position change. He’s a 4-3 DE…not 4-3 LBr.

Silverstar

Reaction score
A tough LB with great instincts and a nose for the ball. Prospects with a high solo tackle and TFL count is something to look for IMO.

Smart tackling machine and faster the better...can't teach speed.

Stay away from those Jabril Cox finesse types.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
No, he cant play off the ball LBr. We’re talking about a complete position change. He’s a 4-3 DE…not 4-3 LBr.
Maybe you are correct, but............from pfn draft profile.
"Braswell has been a versatile defender for Alabama over the past two seasons. He’s played on the line as an edge defender and as an off-ball linebacker, although he’s been deployed in that role sparingly. Most of the time his coverage snaps come from him peeling off the line."

I'd like to see what he can do because I see him as a player that could fill a distinctive role for the Cowboys. He definitely has the size and strength needed, would he have the instincts? Not a totally new position, just not the one he played the most.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Maybe you are correct, but............from pfn draft profile.
"Braswell has been a versatile defender for Alabama over the past two seasons. He’s played on the line as an edge defender and as an off-ball linebacker, although he’s been deployed in that role sparingly. Most of the time his coverage snaps come from him peeling off the line."

I'd like to see what he can do because I see him as a player that could fill a distinctive role for the Cowboys. He definitely has the size and strength needed, would he have the instincts? Not a totally new position, just not the one he played the most.
Yea, the last sentence or 2 sums it up. That is exactly the type of coverage a DE / pass rusher is usually limited to.

It essentially would be a change in position so would much rather prefer someone who has been playing off ball LBr if that’s the target.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A smaller late round prospect that I think has upside is Ohio State’s Steele Chambers.

Reminds me a lot of Eric Kendricks actually.