Let's Talk Skins vs Boys

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Dallas is going to have to not be afraid to blitz. Problem is that Washington's offense revolves on running plays on the perimeter and Dallas' defense isn't exactly fast so Parcells and Zimmer may be averse to blitzing in fear of getting burned on the outside. Still, Minny's defense is probably slower than Dallas' and they blitzed more than we did in the Jacksonville game and it worked reasonably well....and they had a rookie nickel CB and rookie FS starting for them.

Bledsoe was upright and the receivers were open in the Jacksonville game, but he was off on his throws and making bad reads. If we get the same pass protection and open receivers and Bledsoe makes the throws, we are in good shape. If he plays like he did Sunday, it's going to be a long year.

I kind of feel that Saunders exposed a lot of his gameplan and playbook against the Vikings and the Vikings made good adjustments and Saunders didn't have any answer for that. I also felt that the good news for Skins fans was that early on the schemes and play designs were gaining yardage and points for the Skins. Unfortunately, they needed those schemes and play designs because the execution was rather poor.

I could honestly see this game turning out in multiple ways....barn burner, blowout Dallas, blowout Washington, defensive struggle, etc.

YAKUZA

Come on Rich, This post is not up to your typical standards.

1. Does the offense really revolve on outside running plays ? All of the Commanders RBs are very capable of taking it up the middle, unlike the guys in KC.

2. Did the Commanders offense play 700 pages worth of plays ? Come on.

3. Unfortunately the Commanders offense sputtered in the Red Zone time and time again (so I agree that execution was a problem in those situations). Otherwise they Commanders played fairly well on offense.

The Commanders on ST were average. STs really concerns me.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
KD said:
Our OL vs their DL will be big. What unit is worse?

If the Skins have to blitz to get pressure on Drew, to quote T.O., "it's just a matter of time". Sooner or later it will result in big plays and points.

T.O. may say that but I am sure that Drew may have a different outlook on that type of situation. Bledsoe under pressure is not very good.

T.O. playing with mobile QB's like McNabb and Garcia, may have skewed his view.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
But if all goes well and Bledsoe plays well, not great just well, we should have this game won by at least 2 Td's.

Thats homer talk at its best.

I need a little more basis for this opinion. Please divulge.

JonCJG

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Thats homer talk at its best.

I need a little more basis for this opinion. Please divulge.

We lost to a playoff team and u lost to a 38 year old man with Chester a RB and no WRS.

That is funny...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
With that being said, I think the best thing for Dallas to do is to use TO as a decoy to keep the Commanders from putting 8 in the box. Dallas will need to run to have any success in this game, as I am not confident that the game can be put in Bledsoe's hands.

TO will get his decoy value, IMO. But will the other guys step up ?
Seems to me that TO was the only guy that made plays on Sunday.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
KD said:
We lost to a playoff team and u lost to a 38 year old man with Chester a RB and no WRS.

That is funny...

A SB Champion QB, something the Cowboys certainly didnt face.

And for you to underrate Taylor with his new OG is a little homer. The Vikes were very smart to add a player the caliber of Hutchinson this year. He is by far the most dominant guard in the NFL. Dont forget that he played behind a 2000 yard rusher in Baltimore, he simply rarely got enough touches, and when he did the box was stacked. With a cerebral QB like Johnson the game is played a little differently.

I wont argue that the Commanders secondary had a piss poor performance. I saw it, you saw it, and so did everyone else. But it wasnt like the Commanders gave up more than one TD by Johnson or on the ground.

And who is to say that the Vikings wouldnt have ben a playoff team last year if Johnson had started the season ? He was 7-2 as the starter. He isnt great but he is better than several other starting QBs in the NFL, and has the jewelry to show for it. You can point out the Bucs D, but ...

Ren

Reaction score
Skins week is something special feels like every minut this week lasts an houer, sunday can't come fast enough.

If we play like in the 1st QTR on sunday we'll win this game but i'm very worried we'll play like the last 3

kyle73401

Reaction score
I really don't think Washington can beat us in the air with our secondary and our line can contain the run but I agree with Tuna Helper and make em go pass heavy. My only concern is not with Bledsoe's health but if he's gonna get more accurate with his throws than last sunday. Also is the Tuna's play calling. I hate to doubt our great leader but there were some plays against the jags where I was wonderin what he was thinking. A draw play from the 36 on 3rd down that would get maybe a few yards? Did he think a field goal could be made from the 33 but not the 36? Another was that interception that led to a touchdown right before the half instead of running the clock out and taking the 10-3 lead into the half. We might have won the game if it wasn't for that.