Let's try to think the way this front office operates (1st rd pick)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes, but this franchise would of had to extend his contract as well. The Cowboys salary structure has always been backwards, paying the running back and not paying the DT position.
This offseason will be interesting. I wonder what they are going to do. I think they are going to try to pressure Dak into taking a hometown discount.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This offseason will be interesting. I wonder what they are going to do. I think they are going to try to pressure Dak into taking a hometown discount.
What we do know is, something has to happen: extend him, restructure/add more voidable years or trade him (highly unlikely). They have to create more cap space to operate the team next season, 60 million cap number isn't going to make that possible.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Zero chance…Dak has all the leverage and will likely get a top 3 contract like it or not.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This board will explode. If Jimmy is advising the Joneses would he be ok with the extension?
I’m sure some will…but it’s the best path forward in order to build a championship team if the FO actually
makes move for once.

If Jimmy is advising the Jones he’ll probably tell them to grow some balls and be aggressive in FA and trades and try to make a run while you actually have a good QB.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
This front office doesn't usually draft future starters, they like to target, day 1 plug and play starters. Now with a HC on a one year deal and Jerry coming out and saying this offseason won't be as much for the future, but more improving the team in the present, which positions have an opening?

QB-Dak is expected to be back in some form.
RB-there isn't a back worthy of a 1st rd selection this yr.
WR-strong possibility, where teams usually start 3 receivers. Gallup may not return, Tolbert still remains more of a backup.
TE-Very deep and just used a 2nd rd pick
T-If Tyron Smith is back, they aren't drafting a 1st rd Tackle to sit, but if he doesn't return becomes top need.
G-once again, where is this 1st rd player going to start?
C-strong possibility if they allow Biaz to leave via fa

DE-possible. A lot will depend on how Zimmer is going to use Parsons
3DT-possible. It would depend upon how they feel about Osa

NT-not happening with this franchise in back to back years, but is a need
LB-there isn't a linebacker worthy of a 1st rd selection.
CB-Strong possibility, Zimmer loves 1st rd corners, but will depend on if Gilmore resigns
S-they just resigned both starting safeties
Good post this draft is already telegraphed.

1st round OL(maybe a slight trade back)
2nd round LB
3rd 3 tech DT
Next pick RB