LH: 4 free agents the Cowboys should call right now

starfan1

Reaction score
Schultz sure as hell isnt it at TE
You may be right but its been 1/2 of play your basing it on. The boys kept 4 TE's and i didn't understand why so they must have seen something with the other 3 now that Blake is gone for the season.

blueblood70

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasnt the DT's that struggled in the first half, it was the LB's and S handling misdirection.

Did they dominant the game, no. But they are down the list of things I would be worried about right now

Watch the game again. you will see the DT's getting blown 2 yards off the ball on nearly every play. And yes, then the Lbers and safeties are just horrible. When we lost McCoy, it was all over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They need a TE badly. They went from being weak at TE to possibly having the worst TE group in the NFL by a decent margin.
name the 31 better TEs that support your statement starting for 31 teams?

im curious..:)

Carson

Reaction score
and have you seen Earl tackle? ET's claim to fame is he gets turnovers not that hes is this sure tackler. Kam chancellor was more of the safety that would finish.

Earl wouldn’t be on the line tackling. It would move Woods up who I trust more than Thompson

starfan1

Reaction score
Earl wouldn’t be on the line tackling. It would move Woods up who I trust more than Thompson

yet it was Thompson that was in on more of the plays. I get it alot of you guys have this woody for ET. I don't want him but there's a part of me that says bring him in so that you all can see he isn't the savior you think he is. Thomson was all over the place last night i thought he played ok. I was more disappointed in our LB crew, Our receivers that dropped crucial passes, Our Dline that couldn't watch the ball and had bad penalties. Our Oline that got m,manhandled and our QB who got happy feet. (although overall i think he played well with what he had to deal with)

did you even here dontarie's name last night? I thought the few times Hill was in there he was at least around the ball.

jrumann59

Reaction score
yet it was Thompson that was in on more of the plays. I get it alot of you guys have this woody for ET. I don't want him but there's a part of me that says bring him in so that you all can see he isn't the savior you think he is. Thomson was all over the place last night i thought he played ok. I was more disappointed in our LB crew, Our receivers that dropped crucial passes, Our Dline that couldn't watch the ball and had bad penalties. Our Oline that got m,manhandled and our QB who got happy feet. (although overall i think he played well with what he had to deal with)
Yeah if your safety is involved in most of the defensive stops the guys up front did something wrong.

Adreme

Reaction score
name the 31 better TEs that support your statement starting for 31 teams?

im curious..:)

So right now Dallas is currently using a journeyman backup and a 4th round pick with no serious production whatsoever as its TE group. Meanwhile for the rest of the NFL

Lets do the obvious category first. The teams that have a single TE who is an elite pass catcher and also had decent blocking ability
SF-Kittle
KC-Kelce
Phil-Ertz and Goedert
TB-Howard and Gronk and possibly Brate
Rams-Higbee
Ravens-Andrews and Boyle (Boyle might be the best blocking TE on this list)
Vikings-Rudolph

Then the teams that have very good TEs who are clearly better than the non production the Cowboys have
Raiders-Waller
Browns-Hoopers
Saints-Cook
Chargers-Henry

Now we reach teams with average TE production (TEs who have actually produced still far and away better than what Dallas has)
Steelers-Ebron
Broncos-Fant
Lions-Hock
Giants-Engram (actually produced in the NFL)
Seattle-Olsen

After this I actually had to look up who was playing for the rest of the tams in the NFL and I can tell you this, every single one of them is either playing a recent high round pick in a rookie or sophomore year, or someone with actual production, or they are the Bears and they picked 17 people to try and find 1 who works. Basically every team has a better situation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So right now Dallas is currently using a journeyman backup and a 4th round pick with no serious production whatsoever as its TE group. Meanwhile for the rest of the NFL

Lets do the obvious category first. The teams that have a single TE who is an elite pass catcher and also had decent blocking ability
SF-Kittle
KC-Kelce
Phil-Ertz and Goedert
TB-Howard and Gronk and possibly Brate
Rams-Higbee
Ravens-Andrews and Boyle (Boyle might be the best blocking TE on this list)
Vikings-Rudolph

Then the teams that have very good TEs who are clearly better than the non production the Cowboys have
Raiders-Waller
Browns-Hoopers
Saints-Cook
Chargers-Henry

Now we reach teams with average TE production (TEs who have actually produced still far and away better than what Dallas has)
Steelers-Ebron
Broncos-Fant
Lions-Hock
Giants-Engram (actually produced in the NFL)
Seattle-Olsen

After this I actually had to look up who was playing for the rest of the tams in the NFL and I can tell you this, every single one of them is either playing a recent high round pick in a rookie or sophomore year, or someone with actual production, or they are the Bears and they picked 17 people to try and find 1 who works. Basically every team has a better situation.
thats not 31 teams math is off..that 15-17 so once again most likely not more then 10-15 actual front lione starting TEs , Jarwin maybe around that area 15-17 hes out now we have amn issue an dfall into the bottom 10 but not WORSE..

whos on the street that better?

lets bring Bennett out of retirement lol:laugh::facepalm:

revospeed

Reaction score
Clay Matthews has played inside linebacker before. I’d bring him in. Can’t be any worse than Jaylon.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
Good grief. A malcontent, a retired nose tackle and a 36 year old tight end.

by the way for anyone who doesn't listen to the postgame show on the fan Bryan Broaddus made a bizarre statement that Delanie Walker hates Dak and would not play with him.....no idea why he said this...also mentioned Clay as someone that would not play here...again..no idea why.

he and ari tempkin the host were laughing like it was an inside joke and they knew something and couldn't talk about it....broaddus said he will get to it at another time.

On my way home from work I heard that segment as well..weird

Adreme

Reaction score
thats not 31 teams math is off..that 15-17 so once again most likely not more then 10-15 actual front lione starting TEs , Jarwin maybe around that area 15-17 hes out now we have amn issue an dfall into the bottom 10 but not WORSE..

whos on the street that better?

lets bring Bennett out of retirement lol:laugh::facepalm:

I could have kept going and listed the rest of the teams specifically and why they are better but I sort of gave a catch all after doing half of them that even the lower half had players who had actually accomplished something or high draft picks who actually have potential (and not a player who could not beat out a 36-year old). Jarwin could not beat out Whitten and now he is hurt which means the people behind him are either late round unproven picks or career scrubs. I would challenge you to find a team with a worse TE situation, just find one that you can point to and say "they absolutely are worse at TE than Dallas right now" because they do not exist.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Snacks and Earl Thomas are needed badly. Snacks Harrison would help more in my opinion because we are built to play the run first. Snacks soaks up double teams better than anyone in the league and he has nice burst. He is to the 1 tech that Aaron Donald is to the 3 tech. He is unstoppable without being doubled. If we can get one of those players that would be good if two that would be great. We need one of them definitely. The cowboys had only a third of the time on the field and still were able to match the rams which means the defense didn't do their part. If the defense gets shored up , by obtaining at least one of these guys like Snacks or ET. I feel we are in the driver's seat. Walker would be nice but our problem isn't moving the ball. We did that last night and if that 47 yard play to Gallup wasn't negated then Dak would have had over 300 yards and zeke almost 100. Offense isn't the problem its the defense.
I think you are way overstating Snacks, especially saying his is to the 1 tech what Donald is to 3 tec. Donald is a perennial All Pro and Pro Bowler and one of the true elite talents in football, and Snacks had one All Pro honor 4 years ago, and is sitting at home unsigned.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz sure as hell isnt it at TE
No, he's not. I wasn't worried about Jarwin as a receiver, but I was worried that if he got we didn't have a backup who could handle the receiving duties. Looks like my worries are becoming real. To me Schultz is a 3rd teamer (should be) - can block a little, can catch an occasional pass, but not really a guy who can do well enough at either to merit considerable playing time.