Life long Cowboy fan steppin hard on the Lambeau scene

Hayseed

Reaction score
My Buddy was a pro scout "lower level" for one year for his favorite team,...The Raiders. Man, talk about a dream come true for a die hard fan. The year they went to the Super Bowl and got stomped by Tampa Bay and their old coach Jon Gruden. He isnt a big fan of Callahan at all,... but really respects Gruden.

Hayseed

Reaction score
He also used to date Steve Youngs sister Melissa, A real looker back in the day according to him. My Buddy has had quite a life!...LOL

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently moved to Northern Wisconsin " my home" from the Bay area. I am a life long Cowboys fan, he a life long Raider fan. So what does this nut job do? He buys us two tickets to opening night at Lambeau, Packers/ Bears Sunday night football!...LOL And he KNOWS I despise the Packers with a passion. Gonna be sporting my Cowboys gear all the way, Green Bay or no friggin Green Bay! Pics to follow,.... if I survive that is. Hopefully the beatings wont be too bad...LOL

Buddy is a huge NFL fan and just wanted to see Lambeau in person. He doesnt know it yet,...but Im gonna make sure he's wearing the Silver and black. Hey, it was his idea,... if Im gonna take a whoopin he mights well too! ;)
Would you mind explaining to me how a Bay Area Raider fan....winds up in “Northern Wisconsin”?
He must have roots there or something right?

Hayseed

Reaction score
Would you mind explaining to me how a Bay Area Raider fan....winds up in “Northern Wisconsin”?
He must have roots there or something right?

Northern Wisconsin is very nice. Mostly a tourist area. Its all water up here. Lakes everywhere. The town I grew up in is actually an island. All the farms are south of here by about an hour or so. Up here its resorts, condo's, and lakes. He retired early "52" and bought a nice lake home up here. He knew about the place because he used to date a Girl he met in San Diego that was originally from up here. She brought him here on vacation and he fell in love with the place.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I am a life long Cowboys fan living in Milwaukkee. Seen Dallas play at Lambeau 5x in full Cowboys gear and other then a few snickers. Nobody cares. Everyone is pleasant. Sharing beers and food while tailgating. Its a different world in GB. Everyone is nice.
I agree with this. I wore my Cowboys gear at Lambeau when I visited and had no problems. Everyone there has a good attitude.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Northern Wisconsin is very nice. Mostly a tourist area. Its all water up here. Lakes everywhere. The town I grew up in is actually an island. All the farms are south of here by about an hour or so. Up here its resorts, condo's, and lakes. He retired early "52" and bought a nice lake home up here. He knew about the place because he used to date a Girl he met in San Diego that was originally from up here. She brought him here on vacation and he fell in love with the place.

My Hometown
Ahh retired guy looking to live on the lake.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I know Packer fans are pretty good sports, honestly.... pretty good fans really. But I have to live here instead of just visiting so its A LOT different for me...LOL I have to be around it 24/7 and it doesnt help that they have pretty much owned us for awhile now. Very different experience than someone just coming in for a quick one game visit.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Ahh retired guy looking to live on the lake.

Yep. Ive already pretty much got him accustomed to the whole Northern way of Beer drinking too. It took a lot of work, but he can now put down a pretty good amount of beer for a California boy! I took the nipple off his bottle about two weeks after he got here! LOL

SacredStar

Reaction score
My hate for the Packers is deep as I too grew up in Wisconsin and experienced their hate towards the Cowboys big time. That's the reason I hate them so bad.

I have been to Lambeau. We stopped there on our way to Door County. It was nighttime and I relieved myself in their parking lot, then continued on our trip.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently moved to Northern Wisconsin " my home" from the Bay area. I am a life long Cowboys fan, he a life long Raider fan. So what does this nut job do? He buys us two tickets to opening night at Lambeau, Packers/ Bears Sunday night football!...LOL And he KNOWS I despise the Packers with a passion. Gonna be sporting my Cowboys gear all the way, Green Bay or no friggin Green Bay! Pics to follow,.... if I survive that is. Hopefully the beatings wont be too bad...LOL

Buddy is a huge NFL fan and just wanted to see Lambeau in person. He doesnt know it yet,...but Im gonna make sure he's wearing the Silver and black. Hey, it was his idea,... if Im gonna take a whoopin he mights well too! ;)
Jealous. Would love to go to GB and watch a game. Have a great time and represent us well.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

LMAO:lmao:
I think that's ROCK STAR AWESOME,,, with what yer' tight Bro has cooked up fer' you two:thumbup:
Have a BLAST:cool:

* The Weather section on the news today showed Flambeau Field inundated ankle deep in rain/flood water:p

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Lambeau is awesome. Bunch of strip malls and bang there it is. Great time just walking around to check out the tailgate setups. Fans are super nice. Midwestern ladies are friendly. Bring a seat cushion if it’s cold. Stuff a few hand and feet warmers in your pockets too. Also check out the houses on one side of the stadium. Modest ranch style homes with a Football stadium on the other side of the fence. Hysterical. The town is 100 pct Packers. You will have an awesome time.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've spent a lot of time up there. Curly's is a must(inside the stadium), and I've never had an issue with a packer fan. Other than the occasional jab about the more recent events typically. They have some great fans, I really enjoyed my time up there.
Now, While I've skinned my knuckles & a few packers fans heads,,,er,,,in bar brawling contests of displayed distain towards each other,*I've also enjoyed their most pleasant of imbibing company while watching our teams do battle:eek:

*,,,er,,,OK-OK it was one time up in Idaho a couple years back,with a husband & wife in a sports bar once,,,I prolly still got their e-mail Addy's ( separate) written on a bar napkin in my Harley wallet:lmao:

robertfchew

Reaction score
You're gonna "that guy", lol. I don't know about other NFL stadiums, but my Commanders fan friends absolutely hate that there are ALWAYS fans dressed in Cowboys gear at Fedex Field. Doesn't matter who is actually playing, our fans are there making skins fans feel bad, lol.

I always thought it was weird to wear gear of a team who isnt playing but I do see quite a few people doing it when I go to random games. I went to tons of chargers games even though I wasn't a fan of theirs. I would root for them to win the particular game I was at, but I mostly went for the tailgating and it really is fun to be at an nfl game Almost more fun when you don't have the stress of caring about who wins.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Send some pics and a video to the Jones boys to show them what a real football atmosphere and fans with arms look like. The only person that claps in our stadium is. . . . .well, you all know who that is...

Swanny

Reaction score

I have worn my Cowboys gear to Lambeau many times. And have lived in Wisconsin my whole life. Packer fans are fine at games. They wont be Aholes as long as you aren't. Yeah you'll get the typical heckle. I hate Packer fans with a passion for many things but not because they are Aholes in the stands at Lambeau.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Use to work for a company in Merrill Wisconsin, was in training for 4 weeks and during 1 week there in January it was below zero each day (coldest being -34) and the one day it was above (4 degrees) they were cheering and going shirtless. But we were an hour away from GB and made the drive to the stadium, it is worth it but I had my Cowboys everything in cheese country. They were very cool about it and it was friendly banter between us. Nothing like Philly.