Life long Cowboy fan steppin hard on the Lambeau scene

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Northern Wisconsin is very nice. Mostly a tourist area. Its all water up here. Lakes everywhere. The town I grew up in is actually an island. All the farms are south of here by about an hour or so. Up here its resorts, condo's, and lakes. He retired early "52" and bought a nice lake home up here. He knew about the place because he used to date a Girl he met in San Diego that was originally from up here. She brought him here on vacation and he fell in love with the place.
Hayseed,,,how bad was that old&out of date(as to current industry standards) oil refinery that BLEVE'D/BLEW-UP about a year back up in yer' A.O.,,,was your local fuel prices immediately spiked?,,,it was fortunate casualties were light(thank God)

Hayseed

Reaction score
Hayseed,,,how bad was that old&out of date(as to current industry standards) oil refinery that BLEVE'D/BLEW-UP about a year back up in yer' A.O.,,,was your local fuel prices immediately spiked?,,,it was fortunate casualties were light(thank God)

Oil refinery ??? Up here???? Not that I know about! LOL

Hayseed

Reaction score
Use to work for a company in Merrill Wisconsin, was in training for 4 weeks and during 1 week there in January it was below zero each day (coldest being -34) and the one day it was above (4 degrees) they were cheering and going shirtless. But we were an hour away from GB and made the drive to the stadium, it is worth it but I had my Cowboys everything in cheese country. They were very cool about it and it was friendly banter between us. Nothing like Philly.

Merrill? Only about 40 miles due south of me. Did your company make windows? Merrill has a couple big window plants.

Flamma

Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently moved to Northern Wisconsin " my home" from the Bay area. I am a life long Cowboys fan, he a life long Raider fan. So what does this nut job do? He buys us two tickets to opening night at Lambeau, Packers/ Bears Sunday night football!...LOL And he KNOWS I despise the Packers with a passion. Gonna be sporting my Cowboys gear all the way, Green Bay or no friggin Green Bay! Pics to follow,.... if I survive that is. Hopefully the beatings wont be too bad...LOL

Buddy is a huge NFL fan and just wanted to see Lambeau in person. He doesnt know it yet,...but Im gonna make sure he's wearing the Silver and black. Hey, it was his idea,... if Im gonna take a whoopin he mights well too! ;)

That's classic. A Raiders fan and a Cowboys fan at a Green Bay/Chicago game. Can I have a nickel for every time you guys are asked if you're lost?

As far as the beating, it will just be you. I don't think they care about the Raiders, no history there. In fact, they'll probably be drinking with him from your decapitated skull!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Would rather go to to see a game there than AT&T myself. Football is football, but that stadium or Soldier field would be awesome.

Plus you won't have any horses in the race so you can relax and enjoy everything.
Yeah and 1st week is good time to go as it isnt cold yet.
If I had a chance to see a game there , I would jump on it.

Vomit

Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently moved to Northern Wisconsin " my home" from the Bay area. I am a life long Cowboys fan, he a life long Raider fan. So what does this nut job do? He buys us two tickets to opening night at Lambeau, Packers/ Bears Sunday night football!...LOL And he KNOWS I despise the Packers with a passion. Gonna be sporting my Cowboys gear all the way, Green Bay or no friggin Green Bay! Pics to follow,.... if I survive that is. Hopefully the beatings wont be too bad...LOL

Buddy is a huge NFL fan and just wanted to see Lambeau in person. He doesnt know it yet,...but Im gonna make sure he's wearing the Silver and black. Hey, it was his idea,... if Im gonna take a whoopin he mights well too! ;)

I, too, hate the Pack with a passion having been cursed at living near their fan base (Upper Michigan). Despite all that, and their moron fans, Lambeau field is not like going to Philly.

I’ve been there 4 or 5 times, and overall it’s been good. I was there in ‘08 for Dallas very first win at Lambeau, and I’ve also seen the ‘Boys get blown out (‘04 & ‘10) and the only battle scars I got were some vicious hangovers and the memories of battles won and lost.
Cheers.....have fun.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yeah and 1st week is good time to go as it isnt cold yet.
If I had a chance to see a game there , I would jump on it.

Went to a PO game at Soldier field with a buddy from work who was a big bears fan. He paid for everything ( plane flight, hotel), all I had to pay for was the meals. One of our co workers knew the TE for the bears at that time wife, he who played at Wake Forest Univ. So we got the tickets from him. They played the Panthers that year and could not cover Steve Smith for nothing. He went crazy against them and Peppers was the same on D. We had seats behide the open portion of the endzone and that wind off of Lake Michigan was hitting us in the face, talk about cold as h---. Just happened to be sitting next to a father/son combo who was from my part of NC but had moved to Chicago (wife was from there). Told him you are better than me and we talk about cold back home.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I know Packer fans are pretty good sports, honestly.... pretty good fans really. But I have to live here instead of just visiting so its A LOT different for me...LOL I have to be around it 24/7 and it doesnt help that they have pretty much owned us for awhile now. Very different experience than someone just coming in for a quick one game visit.
I feel your pain.......signing in from De Pere

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score

I went to a Packers - Cowboys game a couple of years ago, wearing my Cowboys gear, and the Wisconsin crowd was very hospitable. But, the Pack beat the Boys badly, so they were in a jovial mood.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Took my son to Lambeau a few years back. Unfortunately the Pack beat up Sanchez and my boys...and it was cold as hell. But I will say this: If anyone hasn’t made to trip to see a game there, it’s worth every penny. A true football experience for any fan...it’s a bucket list thing that you need to check off. Nicer people at a football game will never be found...so I don’t think you have to worry about beat downs (unless you start something). The gear you wear won’t be enough to cause problems...it will be how you behave lol. Enjoy it...you’re in for a treat!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I am a life long Cowboys fan living in Milwaukkee. Seen Dallas play at Lambeau 5x in full Cowboys gear and other then a few snickers. Nobody cares. Everyone is pleasant. Sharing beers and food while tailgating. Its a different world in GB. Everyone is nice.

Weird world in football is New York, Philadelphia and Washington.

Hayseed

Reaction score
This sucks actually. Green Bay is about 2 and a half hours from my house, packer game starts at 7 that night. Going to leave at 10 am, get to the stadium way early and I will have to watch the Cowboy game on a portable tv in the parking lot at Lambeau! A lot of screwing around to go see a team I cant stand. Would much rather be in front of my Big screen at home watching the 1st Cowboys game of the year instead of sitting in a parking lot full of screaming cheese heads trying to watch the Cowboys on a friggin portable tv! :mad:

phildadon86

Reaction score

I made it out of Lincoln financial wearing a Dez Byrant jersey in 2014 in December. He had 3 tds that game and it put us in the playoffs. You'll be ok. LOL