CFZ Like it or not - we’re back

XXLMike

Reaction score
Last week after San Francisco loss, I made a thread about how much the season was not over and it most assuredly isn’t.

We are back despite Dak Prescott, missing numerous open wide receivers all night. I fully can understand what Amari Cooper must have been feeling because Troy was ready to come out of his skin last night watching that performance - he even said you have to check down why not dump it off, ( loud voice Troy ) - Ferguson was wide open down the middle of the field late in the game on a play action Dak tucked it and ran. He had CD open down the chute - he took a sack - He is afraid to get intercepted he’s afraid to be the reason we lose.

We are back, despite Tony Pollard, not having his explosiveness. If you look at Breece Hall after his surgery he’s now back better than ever if you look at Tony Pollard, we see a guy struggling to regain his explosiveness. I’m not sure we’ll ever see that again.

We are back, despite having the worst offensive line we have seen, and may a decade Prescott was running for his life last night, and that may not be a bad thing actually. Dak throws great on the run.

We are back despite six penalties on the defense and God knows how many false starts holding we had. We are a sloppy, sloppy, careless, poorly disciplined child of a football team.

We are back despite our head coach holding a dinner menu to call plays off of - like it’s 1982. Mike McCarthy is not a good play caller. The jury is still out if he’s actually a decent coach or not but I’m leaning towards - not.
I’m not sure he even cares or understands everything that goes into being and winning franchise there’s just no discipline he’s like a big substitute teacher that the kids are taking advantage of.

Lastly - it may not just be us scoring is down around the league. Pretty play is down around the league Jason Whitlock took notice.

“ So far this week, only two NFL teams scored more than 26 points. Dolphins and Jaguars. We're in the era of mediocre, inconsistent QB play. The game has been dumbed down because of lack of practice time and players over-satiated with cash. Players think more about jersey swaps, coordinated celebrations, social media branding, and being victims than actually competing. Two teams scored 4 TDs. Receivers wear gloves that make catching the ball easier than ever. Make it make sense. Less contact. Rules designed to promote scoring. Worse product. But NFL actors are making more money than ever before. We're watching the final three seasons of Game of Thrones. Show was bad for three years. No one recognized it until it was over. Goodell is ready to ink a new contract extension for $70 million a year. The NFL is Enron.”
Jason Whitlock

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
With the list of issues this team still has, I have to say that if we are back than there is no hope to reach the ultimate dream if that is end game for a long suffering Cowboys fan. As much as I appreciate your excitement, if these issues persist this will be a long and frustrating rest of the year

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most Dallas regular seasons are up and down but they all end in disappointment. I have a hard time getting optimistic bc I’ve been watching jerrys socks to jocks version of team building for the last 27 years. This team has all the same flaws as previous additions if not more.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It is incredible to me that once you lose to the Cowboys you become the worst team in football. I bet the Chargers beat KC next week. Herbert was statically the best quarterback in the league coming into the game and the Chargers offense was one of the best in the league. Now they suck.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL.... this is what cracks me up about this site. It constantly changes one week to the next. It was the end of the world last week, and now "WE'RE BACK!!!!"

Go ahead - buy those super bowl tickets.

XXLMike

Reaction score
With the list of issues this team still has, I have to say that if we are back than there is no hope to reach the ultimate dream if that is end game for a long suffering Cowboys fan. As much as I appreciate your excitement, if these issues persist this will be a long and frustrating rest of the year
Oh im not excited- im pointing out our warts

jgboys1

Reaction score
I know you can only play who is on your schedule but I need to see this team beat a quality/playoff type opponent. It seems when the competition gets tough, we play soft. They laid an egg vs the 49ers and they play the eagles in a few weeks. I would like to see them put up some victories against quality opponents, and yes that means playoffs too, if we make it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
WHAT IN THE WORLD, this site is so Bi Polar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We win one game, and it's back to glorifying this team. TAKE THIS TEAM one game at a time!!!!!!!! I mean whatever makes you happy, but man when we lose, some of you are not used to losing, and it's like the end of the world. The rest of us know what kind of team this is, and we can lose at any time at any moment, because of the stupid mistakes we make EVERY season

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is incredible to me that once you lose to the Cowboys you become the worst team in football. I bet the Chargers beat KC next week. Herbert was statically the best quarterback in the league coming into the game and the Chargers offense was one of the best in the league. Now they suck.
You saw the game. We were not pressuring Herbert. He was just missing wide open WRs all night. We caught a break. Personally, I think these QBs that aren’t used to playing in prime time sometimes wet the bed under the glare of a national spotlight. Herbert rarely ever plays in front of such a hostile “home crowd” or on national TV. Dallas fans took over that stadium like few visiting teams can.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
LOL.... this is what cracks me up about this site. It constantly changes one week to the next. It was the end of the world last week, and now "WE'RE BACK!!!!"

Go ahead - buy those super bowl tickets.
DON"T even let it bother you man lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You saw the game. We were not pressuring Herbert. He was just missing wide open WRs all night. We caught a break. Personally, I think these QBs that aren’t used to playing in prime time sometimes wet the bed under the glare of a national spotlight. Herbert rarely ever plays in front of such a hostile “home crowd” or on national TV. Dallas fans took over that stadium like few visiting teams can.
If he had some weapons, we lose that game!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys got plenty of pressure. Why do you think the Chargers offense was held under 300 yards and Herbert missed throws. Sacks are important but pressure causes mistakes.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Herbert made a LOT of bad throws last night. Some of it was influenced by pressure, but he's normally a lot more accurate than he was last night.

It may be that the embarassment of last week by the 49ers against the Cowboys defense made the Chargers offense think the Cowboys were going to make a statement by attacking aggressively all night and that impacted Herbert a split second earlier than it should before some of those throws.

If he had connected on a couple of those throws, the outcome of the game could (and might) have been different.

That said, sports are filled with "what ifs" and "could've beens" and in the end, you either win or lose.

A baseball pitcher could throw a no-hitter but two of his players could have made errors on a couple of plays next to each other and a run scored causing his team to lose even if the other team's pitcher gave up a lot of hits and walks.

All that realy matters is the final score and in this case, the Cowboys got the win.

In sports, it's better to get the win and work on the mistakes than lose while knowing you had the better team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We aren't back. Not even close. The Cowboys played not to lose. Very passive on offense. Almost looked like a preseason offense out there. Had the Cowboys played SF or PHIL they would have lost. They aren't back. And until they start scoring much more consistently they won't ever be back.