CFZ Like it or not - we’re back

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys got plenty of pressure. Why do you think the Chargers offense was held under 300 yards and Herbert missed throws. Sacks are important but pressure causes mistakes.
That is simply not true.
Herbert made a LOT of bad throws last night. Some of it was influenced by pressure, but he's normally a lot more accurate than he was last night.

It may be that the embarassment of last week by the 49ers against the Cowboys defense made the Chargers offense think the Cowboys were going to make a statement by attacking aggressively all night and that impacted Herbert a split second earlier than it should before some of those throws.

If he had connected on a couple of those throws, the outcome of the game could (and might) have been different.

That said, sports are filled with "what ifs" and "could've beens" and in the end, you either win or lose.

A baseball pitcher could throw a no-hitter but two of his players could have made errors on a couple of plays next to each other and a run scored causing his team to lose even if the other team's pitcher gave up a lot of hits and walks.

All that realy matters is the final score and in this case, the Cowboys got the win.

In sports, it's better to get the win and work on the mistakes than lose while knowing you had the better team.
I’ll take the win. I just don’t think it was as impressive as some on here. It certainly didn’t make me feel better about the SF beat down. The charger OL had 6 penalties 3 of which were ineligible player downfield calls. Derwin James had 2 personal fouls that extended drives. Add that to Herbert missing wide open WRs all night and a strong case can be made that the chargers beat themselves.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That is simply not true.

I’ll take the win. I just don’t think it was as impressive as some on here. It certainly didn’t make me feel better about the SF beat down. The charger OL had 6 penalties 3 of which were ineligible player downfield calls. Derwin James had 2 personal fouls that extended drives. Add that to Herbert missing wide open WRs all night and a strong case can be made that the chargers beat themselves.
You really are clueless if you don’t think our constant pressure didn’t effect Herbert.

erod

Reaction score
The NFL is such garbage now. It truly is. Quarterback play is almost high schoolish. The rules and penalties are for coffee-sipping millenials.

The 90s teams with their rules would curb stomp every team in this league.

XXLMike

Reaction score
We aren't back. Not even close. The Cowboys played not to lose. Very passive on offense. Almost looked like a preseason offense out there. Had the Cowboys played SF or PHIL they would have lost. They aren't back. And until they start scoring much more consistently they won't ever be back.
4-2 with a bye - chance to get healthy , make a deal - beat LA after the break.

It’s not pretty by any means but we’re in the mix moving forward.

XXLMike

Reaction score
The NFL is such garbage now. It truly is. Quarterback play is almost high schoolish. The rules and penalties are for coffee-sipping millenials.

The 90s teams with their rules would curb stomp every team in this league.
This 100% but this is also why we’re in the mix - we’re just like everyone else .

Do you know who sux when forced to throw , when playing from behind ?
Jalen Hurts

shabazz

Reaction score
The same roster that played against the Niners is still here. the same attributes and deficiencies are still here. The one thing that can change is playing smarter football. Even last nights game could have been a bigger score spread than it was but lack of discipline determined that.

I love every win we get but the 5 brutal games against the Seahawks, Eagles, Bills ,Dolphins and Lions ,in a row , will answer all questions that remain about our beloved Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We had 8 pressures. 4 of them came on the last drive. We had one sack and it was on the last drive. Go suck it buddy.
You really are a fool if you are going by stats when it comes to pressure. Herbert was never comfortable after the first drive. He overthrew Allen on the wide open play because he was afraid someone was going to hit him. Man you stat nerds. You can tell you guys have never played the game.

Nav22

Reaction score
Imagine watching that football game for 3 hours and thinking Dak played poorly.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: