Lincoln Riley conspiracy theory

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Already mentioned, but this is less likely due to Riley telling a potential recruit "I'm not going to be here" and more likely due to the QB realizing he's going to spend the next 3 years sitting behind Spencer Rattler.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Already mentioned, but this is less likely due to Riley telling a potential recruit "I'm not going to be here" and more likely due to the QB realizing he's going to spend the next 3 years sitting behind Spencer Rattler.

Brock just realized Spencer Rattler's on the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
id take riley . also FT Dak, let him get offers and trade him if its a Great deal and draft Hurts if he falls in the 2nd or 3rd round..gives Riley a guy he knows well and can develop this offense to his strengths.. let Amari walk and draft Ceedee the WR..:))

Oyes

IM a longhorn fan and typically say Ono vs ou but id make an exception..:))

erod

Reaction score
I'm seriously laughing at those if you who don't think Riley is not a good hire.

He just took an overhauled team of freshman work a HORRIBLE passing quarterback to the playoffs.

This was supposed to be a down year for OU.

erod

Reaction score
They were ranked #4 coming into the season. :huh:
And all of the OU fan base couldn't figure out why.

Four freshmen on offensive line. QB who can't throw. Terrible defense last year. Kicker gone. Punter gone.

Texas choked. This was their chance.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
And all of the OU fan base couldn't figure out why.

Four freshmen on offensive line. QB who can't throw. Terrible defense last year. Kicker gone. Punter gone.

Texas choked. This was their chance.
It wasn’t four freshman. The OL was mostly RS Sophs but it was only one returning starter. Still expectations were high, they were favored in every regular season game, and the conference was garbage.

Spurdog

Reaction score
I'm seriously laughing at those if you who don't think Riley is not a good hire.

He just took an overhauled team of freshman work a HORRIBLE passing quarterback to the playoffs.

This was supposed to be a down year for OU.
I'm laughing at a position that says a guy with 3 years of HC experience in college is gonna takeover one of if not the most valuable sports franchise in the world and be successful. Let me ask you this, what other NFL team in need is going after Riley? Hmmmm? Cleveland, Cincy, Washington? How about AZ? Hell they even have one of his heisman winning QB's but I don't see any movement from them in fact Cleveland has the other and yet no interest seemingly . Not trying to be a a-hole here but I just don't see the attraction. I don't have any ill will towards the guy but he ain't ready for this sht show and what it's gonna take to right the ship. We don't need another puppet and that is what he will be for sure.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's send this in another direction

IF Riley does come, which veteran DCs are out there that could be a fit with him here to help the the transition......

erod

Reaction score
I'm laughing at a position that says a guy with 3 years of HC experience in college is gonna takeover one of if not the most valuable sports franchise in the world and be successful. Let me ask you this, what other NFL team in need is going after Riley? Hmmmm? Cleveland, Cincy, Washington? How about AZ? Hell they even have one of his heisman winning QB's but I don't see any movement from them in fact Cleveland has the other and yet no interest seemingly . Not trying to be a a-hole here but I just don't see the attraction. I don't have any ill will towards the guy but he ain't ready for this sht show and what it's gonna take to right the ship. We don't need another puppet and that is what he will be for sure.
NFL coaches constantly travel to Norman to pick Riley's brain about offense. He tunes a very pro-style offense with innovative college ideas mixed in.

Or would you prefer a pro re-tread? 28 fan bases hate their head coach at any given time.

I just don't think he's interested in the NFL right now anyway.

Section446

Reaction score
He's decommitting because he isn't going to be the starter next year.