Linebacker Positional Group

Cowboyny

Reaction score
After hearing MM's press conference yesterday, it appears Neal is going to become the team's new will linebacker. They are still in discussions to resign Sean Lee, which would make signing KJ Wright, highly unlikely. It's a shame as it looks like Seattle probably won't be bringing him back.

If Neal is going to play the will, who plays the mike, who plays the strong-side? My guess Lve remains at the mike, Jaylon moves to the strong-side and comes off the field against the pass.

I don't think the front office/coaches view the position in dire need like most of us fans. In my opinion, they need to start rebuilding the positional group now as all three starters could potentially be off the team next season. What I have read/heard recently suggests, we can cross off them taking a linebacker in rd 1, maybe even rd 2 in this year's draft.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
After hearing MM's press conference yesterday, it appears Neal is going to become the team's new will linebacker. They are still in discussions to resign Sean Lee, which would make signing KJ Wright, highly unlikely. It's a shame as it looks like Seattle probably won't be bringing him back.

If Neal is going to play the will, who plays the mike, who plays the strong-side? My guess Lve remains at the mike, Jaylon moves to the strong-side and comes off the field against the pass.

I don't think the front office/coaches view the position in dire need like most of us fans. In my opinion, they need to start rebuilding the positional group now as all three starters could potentially be off the team next season. What I have read/heard recently suggests, we can cross off them taking a linebacker in rd 1, maybe even rd 2 in this year's draft.

I guess you don’t like Jaylon.

Western

Reaction score
At #10, Micah Parsons may be the best player available.
In 2019, he recorded 109 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, five sacks and four forced fumbles.
LVE, and/or Mr. "hand swipe" are not reliable.

Defense needs playmakers, and game-wreckers.

on89ladvxzysmnf1pi9j

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don’t think the issue is that the cowboys love the current unit as much as the LBs on this defense may actually be the strongest group entering the offseason. The front four and secondary were much bigger holes and you can realistically only replace so much in one offseason. I think they have the right plan in fix the secondary, address the front four, and let’s hope that either LVE can stay healthy or Jaylon can rebound from a pair of rough seasons. My bigger concern is I’m not sure the front 4 has actually been addressed...still need a CB too.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
In 2019, he recorded 109 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, five sacks and four forced fumbles.

on89ladvxzysmnf1pi9j
I’d love parsons at 10 but I honestly don’t see him making it. Lions and Broncos are two that could make the move.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

You think they will take a cornerstone off the field in passing situations?

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't signed any LBs. This group his straight garbage, and even talking of signing Sean Lee is football depressing. The whole organization is over valuing LVE n Jaylon...those guys haven't been good for 2 years. Time to bring in competition, not backup STs fillers.

Quinn drafts LBs every draft, so look for a 3rd or 4th round guy.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Would love to draft a difference maker at LB early. Would prefer to draft a bigger stronger man to play on the D line early and grab LBs later.

visionary

Reaction score
I don’t think the issue is that the cowboys love the current unit as much as the LBs on this defense may actually be the strongest group entering the offseason. The front four and secondary were much bigger holes and you can realistically only replace so much in one offseason. I think they have the right plan in fix the secondary, address the front four, and let’s hope that either LVE can stay healthy or Jaylon can rebound from a pair of rough seasons. My bigger concern is I’m not sure the front 4 has actually been addressed...still need a CB too.

this sort of post really gets me with its excuse making for the front office

if we sign KJ Wright that immediately solves several issues for the defense

he is available

we have the money to sign him

so when you say “we can realistically replace only so much in one off season” I’m totally at a loss as to what in heck you are talking about?

the fact is that this FO is full of idiots
If we had signed KJ Wright instead of paying Neal 5 million, we would have a MLB who knows the scheme, LVE could play WLB and our LB core would be much better than what it us now with Neal at WLB and glass LVE playing MLB

put the onus where it belongs

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
this sort of post really gets me with its excuse making for the front office

if we sign KJ Wright that immediately solves several issues for the defense

he is available

we have the money to sign him

so when you say “we can realistically replace only so much in one off season” I’m totally at a loss as to what in heck you are talking about?

the fact is that this FO is full of idiots
If we had signed KJ Wright instead of paying Neal 5 million, we would have a MLB who knows the scheme, LVE could play WLB and our LB core would be much better than what it us now with Neal at WLB and glass LVE playing MLB

put the onus where it belongs

Im all for it. QB got paid. Go all in.

phildadon86

Reaction score

on89ladvxzysmnf1pi9j
Ive been pounding the table for Parsons since week 4. I dont care if he is off the ball. Hes the most talented defender in the class. DRAFT TALENT.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
IDK about moving vanderglass to MLB. We are giving him the sean lee treatment. I hope like heck we do not pick up his 5th year options. Let him go in FA no matter how good he plays this season. No more contract year warriors. If Micah is there I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him over Surtain.