Linebacker Positional Group

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why not? They take D Law off the field.
dline rotation and a linebacker rotation are 2 totally different things. If lve was healthy he wouldve played 99 percent of the snaps like Jaylon did. We couldve had the worst backup DE in the NFL and Dlaw would still take breathers. Why do some of you like to argue just to argue? Lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think Jaylon and LVE are going to share the Mike. They can’t trust LVE to play. If he proves healthy then LVE will get the most snaps. I believe Neal is the guy and will get the most snaps next season.
Neal is another injury prone type of player. Team really needs to add another starting caliber player at the position.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Neal is another injury prone type of player. Team really needs to add another starting caliber player at the position.
I think they will. You can draft Deoblo Va Tech or the Florida St. box safety. Quinn seems to like small quick linebackers.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think they will. You can draft Deoblo Va Tech or the Florida St. box safety. Quinn seems to like small quick linebackers.
I think a player like Cox from LSU is an excellent fit, but wonder if they use a premium pick to draft him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think a player like Cox from LSU is an excellent fit, but wonder if they use a premium pick to draft him.
Pass rusher is almost a lock as the second round pick but I like Cox too. He is a solid player but I can’t see Jones drafting a solid player if we draft Surtain.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Pass rusher is almost a lock as the second round pick but I like Cox too. He is a solid player but I can’t see Jones drafting a solid player if we draft Surtain.
Really want a safety in rd 2, but the they are probably long gone and team won't trade up for one. Pass Rusher seems likely, unless they go in another direction in rd 1, where corner would be the target. Linebacker is down the list.

With the Seahawks paying signing Dunlap yesterday, this opens the door for us to sign Wright, but I don't think they will do it. It would really solve our LB concerns for this yr. Forget about Lee, just sign Wright and figure it out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Really want a safety in rd 2, but the they are probably long gone and team won't trade up for one. Pass Rusher seems likely, unless they go in another direction in rd 1, where corner would be the target. Linebacker is down the list.

With the Seahawks paying signing Dunlap yesterday, this opens the door for us to sign Wright, but I don't think they will do it. It would really solve our LB concerns for this yr. Forget about Lee, just sign Wright and figure it out.
KJ. Wright is such a professional. The problem is his price and the egos of Jaylon/LVE. The Joneses will not sign off on him. I bet Quinn is on top of the table for him though.

I hate to sound like Cavanaugh but I would take a flyer on Washington TCU safety with my first comp pick. I agree that safety is a top need but I do wonder if they think Bolden Washington cornerback can make the switch and pick him in the second.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
dline rotation and a linebacker rotation are 2 totally different things. If lve was healthy he wouldve played 99 percent of the snaps like Jaylon did. We couldve had the worst backup DE in the NFL and Dlaw would still take breathers. Why do some of you like to argue just to argue? Lol

I was being sarcastic (mostly lol). I do think they occasionally take D Law off the field at inopportune times.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Our group is hot trash right now. Those are the facts. We gotta add at least 2 more guys to the mix either via Free agency or Draft...or both.

Need to draft guys. Jaylon, LVE, Neal, Lee(if), all contract years or *should* be out anyway. Gotta start developing some guys for the future.

Just so bad that Jaylon's still here. Because of the contract cost, we're gonna force him onto the field and *not* develop young guys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Need to draft guys. Jaylon, LVE, Neal, Lee(if), all contract years or *should* be out anyway. Gotta start developing some guys for the future.

Just so bad that Jaylon's still here. Because of the contract cost, we're gonna force him onto the field and *not* develop young guys.
Jaylon will be a liability again. LVE..we shall see. I have little faith in him too. Time to get ahead of this debacle and draft dudes as you said. No time to wait and find out what we already know. KJ Wright however would be a perfect fit here on a 2 year deal. He would be a Godsend. KJ BRITT and ZavenCollins are my pet cats and we need BOTH if we can.Worse than cb, we need linebackers in a bad way.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
KJ. Wright is such a professional. The problem is his price and the egos of Jaylon/LVE. The Joneses will not sign off on him. I bet Quinn is on top of the table for him though.

I hate to sound like Cavanaugh but I would take a flyer on Washington TCU safety with my first comp pick. I agree that safety is a top need but I do wonder if they think Bolden Washington cornerback can make the switch and pick him in the second.
Washington is tiny and just ran a 4.6, think he goes on day 3. Molden is certainly a safety conversion candidate. The Indiana Safety is getting Buzz, Cisco on day 3, is worth the risk if he lasts that far. Also, like LeCounte even after his slow 40 time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jaylon will be a liability again. LVE..we shall see. I have little faith in him too. Time to get ahead of this debacle and draft dudes as you said. No time to wait and find out what we already know.

LVE is disappointing and we're in a bad spot with him. I'd like to extend him a year at a reasonable price to have a chance at a future with him, because I haven't given up on him.

But as it is the 5th year option is way too expensive. So what to do? W/o the option, he's just another short timer on a 1 year deal. Not someone to put development snaps into. Not the future.

Hence an extension at a cheap price. If he'll go for it. If not, we need to be looking for the future in someone else.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

He is on the downside of his career... but he would immediately be the best LBer on this team if we signed him.

Since we are his “dream team”, if he is willing to play for a reasonable deal, a smart GM makes that move, drafts 1-2 LBs this April— and moves on from Jaylon and LVE in 2022.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
After hearing MM's press conference yesterday, it appears Neal is going to become the team's new will linebacker. They are still in discussions to resign Sean Lee, which would make signing KJ Wright, highly unlikely. It's a shame as it looks like Seattle probably won't be bringing him back.

If Neal is going to play the will, who plays the mike, who plays the strong-side? My guess Lve remains at the mike, Jaylon moves to the strong-side and comes off the field against the pass.

I don't think the front office/coaches view the position in dire need like most of us fans. In my opinion, they need to start rebuilding the positional group now as all three starters could potentially be off the team next season. What I have read/heard recently suggests, we can cross off them taking a linebacker in rd 1, maybe even rd 2 in this year's draft.
Ya,, Mikes already showing Jaylon the bench,, how can people not love Big Mike enough..
He is being nice about showing Jaylon the door next year.