Linehan called a good game **merged**

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The offense was horribly conservative in the first half. They kept asking Dak to throw outside of the hash even though he was having success in the middle of the field. I'm ready for Linehan to go.

They run routes in the middle of the field pretty much every play. The QB decides where to throw it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Linehan did not call the run that Dak made to make the last TD. Not a chance in hell. That was all Dak. Linehan probably called some garbage WR screen play.

It should seem obvious the game plan included several Dak runs. They ran him on draws and off-tackle.

At least the GROZ guys had 2-gapping and not looking for the ball to point to. You GROL guys need to come with better stuff.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes he did.. why the hell do you think Martin and he Center blocked the way they did, Martin to the right and the Center to the left?

It was an obvious QB draw. Dak takes 3 steps back and follows those two releasing upfield. Was a nice trucking he gave the S too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nope... your base intrepretation of what I said is wrong. I have no clue what the protocol but evidence shows as I stated the "spark" (stay focused) was by Dak leading the Offense in 1st TD 1:15 clock time 7 plays 1:43-28 game time..Do you think Linehan called any of those 7 plays in the Hurry up Offense?
Again Linehan is along for the ride..

Dak audibled to QB keeper on Zeke's TD drive
Zeke was the lead blocker on the play where Dak got stopped at 1 yard line...
Is Audible by Dak considered changing a play?:confused:

So the spark caused them to go for zero points in the third quarter?

And then you use a more than four minute drive as evidence of Linehan being in it for the rid when Dallas got two third downs on pass interferences and on another drive a 45 yard run by Zeke which he bounced to the outside which ended up with an INT negated Dak underthrew Brown? And those third and longs to a wide open Cooper were all a Dak spark? And you claim Dak audibled on that third and long when he did nothing of the sort?

khiladi

Reaction score
The offense showed up just enough but make no mistake the defense carried this team again like it has almost all season. Still freaking out but this kind of game isn't going to cut cut it going forward.

This is the Dallas blueprint they are riding with. Linehan said in the off season they aren’t going to expect Dak to make big plays down field regularly as in the prior days of the offense, but they will expect him to make them every now and then. If one pay attention that are now running a lot of crossing routes over the short middle. A couple of times they moved Zeke out in the slot only to throw quick outs to Beasley.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah I am sure-I won’t bash the call that works. I think that was a play where hitting the QB rules made the d let up cause they just kinda stopped.

I am just thankful we don’t have Seattle’s playcaller-that was mindnunbin continuing to run at 2ypc
We have seen Linehan call games like Seattle’s OC. So glad he didn’t do it today. We would have lost big time.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Would like to see more play action fakes to Zeke, some more mis direction plays, more inside runs from a spread formation. Things of that nature to open things up for Zeke. I puked the rollouts, continue running rpo's with Dak having a run option as well as Zeke.

Qcard

Reaction score
So the spark caused them to go for zero points in the third quarter?
No sir...Going back to Linehans play calling yield another rythmless offensive lull.
When Dak went back to No huddle in the 4th Qtr
1st down Zeke
No Huddle 34 yards to Cooper
No Huddle Zeke 6 yard
No Huddle (Audible) Dak 10yards Play review
Two Run plays later Zeke TD
Linehan caught the Bus...

And then you use a more than four minute drive as evidence of Linehan being in it for the rid when Dallas got two third downs on pass interferences and on another drive a 45 yard run by Zeke which he bounced to the outside which ended up with an INT negated Dak underthrew Brown? And those third and longs to a wide open Cooper were all a Dak spark? And you claim Dak audibled on that third and long when he did nothing of the sort?
Wrong drive sir...
Linehan caught the Bus on our 2 Opening TD drives...

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He's a much better OC than what you read here. Much, much better.
Don’t think so. He called a pretty good game in general tonight, and hopefully he can keep it up, but at times this year his play calling has been to predictable and his passing schemes have lacked creativity.

khiladi

Reaction score
No sir...Going back to Linehans play calling yield another rythmless offensive lull.
When Dak went back to No huddle in the 4th Qtr
1st down Zeke
No Huddle 34 yards to Cooper
No Huddle Zeke 6 yard
No Huddle (Audible) Dak 10yards Play review
Two Run plays later Zeke TD
Linehan caught the Bus...

Wrong drive sir...
Linehan caught the Bus on our 2 Opening TD drives...

Making stuff up..

Why did they go scoreless in the third if you claim the spark happened in the second? How was a four minute drive in the fourth that chewed up a significant portion of the clock a no huddle?

How was the play call that Jarwin running underneath and had Cooper wide open on a third and long the result of Dak ‘calling plays’? How was the drag route to Cooper a result of Dak? Why did Dak throw an INT to Brown who was wide open?

Just stop fibing bro., now we got guys like you claiming Dak is drawing up play designs, where He runs right intentionally and has Cooper run a drag for 30 yards to the opposite side of the field in no huddle on the fly..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Would like to see more play action fakes to Zeke, some more mis direction plays, more inside runs from a spread formation. Things of that nature to open things up for Zeke. I puked the rollouts, continue running rpo's with Dak having a run option as well as Zeke.
I agree. This offense is starting to jell and get healthy. Linehan needs to do a lot of the things you are saying. Linehan finally let Dak go up tempo early in the game. Going forward he needs to go play action and max protect to allow Gallop and Amari to do double moves and go long.

btcutter

Reaction score
You want to see a garbage OC, look at Schottenheimer..

Linehan was the man this game.

The clutch Cooper third and long where they ran Jarwin in the same area and nobody was on Cooper. The drag route to Cooper where the catch was challenged and he was wide open. The beautiful play design to Noah Brown that was a little underthrown in end zone. The pass to Beasley that got them the PI lined up wide with the slot corner. The QB draw to Dak on third and long to basically end it.

He owned the Seattle defense.

He called a good game. But it really was EXECUTION that made it looked good. Earlier in the season players were just not executing plays. Too many penalties.

I don't think ANYONE thought the QB draw was going to get you a 1st down when it's 3rd and 14. That was PLAYER making a play.

khiladi

Reaction score
He called a good game. But it really was EXECUTION that made it looked good. Earlier in the season players were just not executing plays. Too many penalties.

I don't think ANYONE thought the QB draw was going to get you a 1st down when it's 3rd and 14. That was PLAYER making a play.

He had a wide open hole. It was a great call by Linehan.

That being said, Dak audibled on his TD run earlier, when Seattle overloaded the right side and had nobody on the left. So he called did check into a run to the left, which was good recognition on his part to keep it and run.

khiladi

Reaction score
That wasn’t a monster hole. Dak was on a mission during that run. Mission Impossible and Dak made it possible.

Yeah it was and even Aikman pointed out the blocking on it. And the play before you could see the absolute fatigue by the Seattle defense on the Zeke run that was called back for holding. Again, Aikman even pointed this out, about how you could tell they were basically defeated, Zeke was getting major yardage when he should have been tacked earkier in the run.

But there isn’t any dispute Dak is a good athletic QB running and he made a nice subtle back cut inside on that run.

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, Seattle fans and articles are absolutely trashing Schottenheimer. Russell Wilson was averaging 8 plus YPC in the first half passing on his throws and this guy kept running his RB into holes and didn’t change anything up.

It’s amazing that Cowboys fans sit here and criticize Linehan as a play caller while watching what Schottenheimer was doing.

Linehan has done a good job playing to this teams skill set.

Qcard

Reaction score
Making stuff up..

Why did they go scoreless in the third if you claim the spark happened in the second? How was a four minute drive in the fourth that chewed up a significant portion of the clock a no huddle?

How was the play call that Jarwin running underneath and had Cooper wide open on a third and long the result of Dak ‘calling plays’? How was the drag route to Cooper a result of Dak? Why did Dak throw an INT to Brown who was wide open?

Just stop fibing bro., now we got guys like you claiming Dak is drawing up play designs, where He runs right intentionally and has Cooper run a drag for 30 yards to the opposite side of the field in no huddle on the fly..
Lol...the drive charts are available to any fan on DC.com or NFL.com
Better yet...watch the game

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What’s completely comical is thinking all those plays that had Cooper wide open were Dak ‘willing’ this team..

Dak even underthrew Noah Brown which resulted in the INT, otherwise that was a TD.

Linehan has done more than an adequate job in tailoring this offense with the skill-set of the players.
I do wish he'd roll Dak out to his right more often.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol...the drive charts are available to any fan on DC.com or NFL.com
Better yet...watch the game

Where does drive charts indicate hurry up and audibles? Like I said you are making it all up as you go along.

On the audible Collin runs around ten yards field IMMEDIATELY on snap and engages the SAFETY playing deep and he gets to him close to the six yard line and and 81 comes out the backfield immediately to run forward downfield to block the LB for the QB draw play Linehan had dialed up.

That ball was snapped at the 19 and Collins made his first contact with the safety on the right in cover 2 like the 6 yard line, meaning thirteen yards downfield.

Last edited: