RELEASED Linehan officially gone **merged**

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, it will be beneficial. Just pissed Garrett gets a pass like always.

I get the disappoint that they kept Garrett, although that seemed pretty certain when they got to the playoffs after a bad start to the season, but I think moving on from Linehan is more than just scapegoating. Firing Linehan would be a legitimate and positive step for the team regardless of whether Garrett was retained or not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can't say whether its beneficial or not because we don't know who it is. If it's like the rest of Garrett's tenure it will be someone else well versed in the power/90s game that can maybe add a wrinkle. Expecting a complete overhaul won't happen when you have Zeke.

It’s true we can’t yet say how beneficial it will be until we see who the new guy is and how things go with him, but it’s still fair to say (at least in my mind, and I think most Cowboy fans) that firing Linehan and at least making the effort to find someone that will help the offense improve needed to happen. That was really the point - that the team needed to fire Linehan razther than the firing simply occurring to serve up a scapegoat.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
See....it was all in the language they kept using all year. I knew these coaches (including Garrett) were up crap creek with the FO after week 3. Garrett rose his game and kept them together,and Linehan still hasn’t called my Dak runs in LA,so he’s out. Either way though,someone was getting canned. I’ll say it again....this is NOT business as usual,and this FO is committed to winning.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He can shine off his resume as he applies for a job at Whataburger.
Ummm Whataburger... now lets go get this man...…
XR4IzVZ.png