Linehan will return in 2019

Rayman70

Reaction score
People mad at Linehan but ready to pay Dak are wild.
Dak vs Luck this weekend..who had the better day? Is Luck worth the money or is he a bum? What about Rivers? He missed some passes too. What about Goff? He didn't exactly light the world on fire,nor did he need to. The lunacy is casting off a known for an unknown..THATS NUTS. We know what we have in Dak...and we saw him improve the latter half of the year.Is it a coincidence that happened after the Cooper trade? Its the ultimate team sport and this weeks games proved that a good QB talent can only do so much if the parts around him aren't doing the job. SEE THIS WEEKENDS GAMES. Dak is just fine. DEEP BREATHS. Linehan DOES need gone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry turning into what I would liken as a slum lord apartment owner. Doesnt want to make necessary repairs just collect rent.
:facepalm:no thats Cleveland and teams that have older stadiums and are in the bottom 16 EVERY YEAR,..so far from the truth when hes about to pay a lot of our guys huge money..slum lords do not do that..those teams go 3-13 4-12 1-15 etc etc and never make any improvements..we brin in Amari mid season but he doesnt try to fix things? Jerry got a lot of issues but its not being a bad owner, he below avg GM has ego issues but he spends money, big money..you seen the Star? ATT? what he does in Oxnard..right slum lord..

sure we need some playoff skins we are all tired of it but we as team the last 10 years are like top 6 in wins..so so far from mediocre and all the other names I hear..:huh:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
yall cant be happy about winning a playoff game then be upset about the crap coaching staff staying

blueblood70

Reaction score
translation is Linehan will "retire" and take a year off from football to explore other things. That's NFL talk for being "friendly fired."
too late Garett blurted stuff out already, I agree with SJ you have to take some weeks to sit down and evaluate, not 48hrs and say everything stays the same.. Im hoping they let Marinelli and Linehan SAY they are stepping down to save face in public vs fired..Garett coming out and saying that is ridiculous..if they think hard ask around have some private closed door meeting and watch some film they will see changes need to be mad for sure..

blueblood70

Reaction score
yall cant be happy about winning a playoff game then be upset about the crap coaching staff staying
yes you can , as long as your argument is valid, we won a playoff game but lost another and havent been passed the divisional round since 1996.. I say SL, moore, and Marinelli should go, Promote KR and bring in new OC and QB coach that can better utilize Dak and Zeke etc new system..nothing wrong with trying to improve..starting 3-5 is why we finished 10-6 that was mostly on Scott and moore we all know it..do they suck no thats hyperbole in here but we could use a more creative fresh offensive and defensive system..nothing wrong with saying this..

those saying we are doomed over it and wil suck next year and dont want to eb fans anymore is bit Dramatic lol those fans make me snicker..:muttley::facepalm:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
yes you can , as long as your argument is valid, we won a playoff game but lost another and havent been passed the divisional round since 1996.. I say SL, moore, and Marinelli should go, Promote KR and bring in new OC and QB coach that can better utilize Dak and Zeke etc new system..nothing wrong with trying to improve..starting 3-5 is why we finished 10-6 that was mostly on Scott and moore we all know it..do they suck no thats hyperbole in here but we could use a more creative fresh offensive and defensive system..nothing wrong with saying this..

those saying we are doomed over it and wil suck next year and dont want to eb fans anymore is bit Dramatic lol those fans make me snicker..:muttley::facepalm:

winning meant we were extending them....so, no, you cant.

cheering a win, cheered extensions.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Our Offense coaching sucked, why bring them back another year? They have to be replaced.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Matt Mosley just said on Colin Cowheard that Linehan will be gone and JG is just saying the “right thing” now.

I have to believe he’s right.

I have to.

Last edited:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There’s only 4 people who know for sure. JG, McClay and the Joneses and it’s hard to see any of them leaking things out

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
Like mentioned already by a few, there is no point getting rid of Linehan and keeping Garrett. Both go or nothing. If we brought in a new OC the likelihood is that Garrett will have his finger prints all over the schemes.

We need to bring a Defensive Head coach and bring in an OC who has complete free reign over the offense who can design a system to suit Dak and his particular skill set.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Linehan has one of the most inaccurate passes in the NFL at a completion % of 67%

Nobody is going to do anything for Dak better than that!

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
Lol. You cant make this up. 21 ppg over the last 2 years screams keep him.aboard.

Zero commitment to winning...

What makes it worse is that we are less PPG this year than last, this is with having Zeke for 15 games (- the last game they rested him) and bringing in Cooper, which they didn't have the year before.

pansophy

Reaction score
I am not agreeing with you, but since this is the apparent move, they have to at least get rid of Moore and bring in a QB coach with a track record that can improve Dak's accuracy and overall game!
If you listen to Aikman, he has basically said you either have accuracy or you don't. He is right that Mahomes seems to be accurate no matter where his feet are or the arm angle he uses, so Troy may be right. Would mean we just need to live with some inaccuracy, which I'm not thrilled with, but he has shown some improvement I think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak is a streaky QB..not always the most accurate...but from what I saw this weekend,neither was Brees,Foles,Rivers and especially Luck. You all lay off of Dak. He's working within the confines of the Linehan playbook....ENOUGH SAID. Cut the boy some slack.

Mannix

Reaction score
Linehan will get paid some extra $$$ to make it look like a mutual decision....the last thing that The Clapping Carrot wants, is to be laughed at once again for having one of "his" hand picked guys get canned again....while he remains.