Linval Joseph

Creeper

Reaction score
I get what everyone is saying about Joseph, but what do you think you get at DT for the money Jerry is willing to part with? Remember, he can sign 25 Linval Josephs for the price of 1 Christian Wilkins!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Linval Joseph, btw.. I just can't. I can't get excited about this idea. Im out on him. Rather sign Lawrene Guy. I think hes a better fit and has more left.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Did anyone see this latest rumor?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...time-pro-bowl-dt-to-help-mazi-zim/ar-BB1mDtQr

Joseph is 35 years old. He played last year. I saw him play a few times. He seems like he has a few plays left in him. He definitely fits the bill to replace Hankins. I would guess he is in the price range for the Cowboys although they would need to clear some CAP space, not much though.
Yep, that is how you get the no.1 pick in the 2025 draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Linval Joseph is a 1T. He's also old and washed.

Under Zimmer a lot of these big ends will move inside in "nascar" packages. Odighizuwa, Golston, and Fehoko are the current 3T guys.
NASCAR package will be ends like Lawrence and Kneeland. Williams and Parsons are the ends in that alignment. On downs where a pass is likely but a run is possible, it will likely be the ones you mentioned. I'm expecting Fehoko to get snaps at LDE in a rotation with Lawrence, though, because I could see him being used to give Lawrence breaks on running downs so he can be out there on passing downs. Don't know if they will do the same with Golston at right end. I see Kneeland playing RDE mainly on run downs and then being relieved there by Parsons/Williams on passing downs. However, if we do kick Kneeland inside in the NASCAR package, then Golston might get some end snaps to keep Kneeland fresh.

tunahelper

Reaction score
You're entitled to your opinion and I'm telling you from my perspective,​
show me all the teams that have leapfrog the Cowboys and championships over this 28 year drought?? I'm telling you they don't happen that often dynasties come in cycles but they're not a regular event for most teams..​
.​
they're very rare to have a team go on a run and start winning Super Bowls on a regular basis there's a reason the Cowboys have not been displaced as the number three overall Super Bowl team in history, I mean 28 years teams have had opportunities to bury the Cowboys off that list and why have they not??​

I mean your view is so skewed your hate is so myopic that you forget that when you say championships, we're talking about Super Bowls, and you realize the 49ers who seem to be our Achilles heel right now a team that seems to have their foot on their neck that WON a Super Bowl since 1994...​
let me do the math, that would be two years longer and regardless if they've been closer if it's about championships, they have not won one in a very long time just like right now I got to hear these stupid memes popping up all over the Internet about the Texas Rangers ,stars ,and Mavericks all being back to their conference championships and somehow that's putting the Cowboys 4th in the DFW area. NOT close Jerry 3 the rest 3 lmao..​

They like you think the Dallas Cowboys are becoming irrelevant but last I checked the Dallas Stars hasn't won a championship since 1999, so if it's about championships the Rangers have won one stars have won one and The Mavericks have won one, that would be 3 for the other three teams, 3 for Jerry...​
so, you say Jerry's eroded note Jerry brought 3 championships in 33 years the other regime before Jerry brought two in the same time span,​
so, you might want to check yourself and maybe rewrite and reword what you really mean... I realize we're in a drought and we haven't been doing NFC championship game nobody needs a reminder on a daily basis what you need a reminder is those things don't happen very often for teams it's a cycle the chiefs took 52 years between their Super Bowl wins and they have now found it again and do the math that's nearly twice as long as Jerry with a real GM I mean all these real GM's around the league I'm just trying to understand why they're not overtaking the Dallas Cowboys and overall Super Bowls/​

let me make it easier you want to keep this with the math alright you see keep spouting championships in 33 years the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones has brought this area 3 championships in the NFL show me how many teams have won three championships since 1989??

I would like you to line them all up so we could have a real reference to what Jerry's done over 33 years not that there's a drought all teams go through droughts the fact that he has three rings in a span that we can now go compare how many teams have won Super Bowl since 1989 they have 3 because that's what it's all about I mean you do realize that if he won one every 10 years you'd be happier because it's still only be 3 and I get it we're all disappointed but it's just ridiculous about how people keep bringing it up when all over the sports landscape in DFW and all over the world championships are hard to win and Jerry stacks up pretty well over the last 33 years he has more championships than the rest of the damn teams in DFW combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now,

I don't have time to do a bunch of research but off the top of my head I believe the New England Patriots, who brought their own long dynasty ,and the chiefs are on a new dynasty, which by the way took 52 years to reengage their cycle came back, and that would be the Dallas Cowboys..

I think there were only three teams since 1989 that have more than three Super Bowls... Maybe I'm leaving someone out but I'm just wanting to keep this reference as you said championships you mean Super Bowls you don't mean getting close because getting close apparently doesn't get you a championship it gets you a little extra hype i mean get you some credibility but it is not a championship...

So Jerry is a complete embarrassment to this fanbase because he's one of only three teams since 1989 to have three rings , you can't discredit his championships, it doesn't matter that they all happen 28 years ago ,it matters that they happened, it matters that during his ownership he has three rings which is a lot when you compare him to all the other sports in DFW and to the NFL.

I get it we're all Let Down and disappointed but the view this fan base has against Jerry for not having a regular GM well where are all these regular GM's winning three Super Bowls since 1989, only two of them?!!

It's about perspective and nice perspective says yes it's a disappointment I would love it another NFC championship game, I would love another Super Bowl but the ridiculous narratives around here just trigger me and I'm tired of it so you're going to hear this every time so why don't you sneak off somewhere or you going to get these long text to talk rants because they're ridiculous that people can't see the forest through the trees,

I can..!!
Look at the Dallas Cowboy history. We did not go nearly 30 years without a Championship game appearance.

You call it a drought but I call it incompetent management. As BP said you have been sucked.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look at the Dallas Cowboy history. We did not go nearly 30 years without a Championship game appearance.

You call it a drought but I call it incompetent management. As BP said you have been sucked.
i make conscious choices, so i don't get sucked into anything, maybe you do, this is choice to follow or not follow a SPORTS Team... no i don't need to be sucked in, i know how to watch with my eyes and have my own opinions.

sorry i'm not joining your little pitchfork and torch club.

you don't need that stay around and be a fan, if you guys are that upset, you can move on.... Ironically, you are self deprecating.. you hate something but choose to torture yourself by sticking around for 28 years maybe 15 too long?? that's SAD REALLY that some of you don't realize how UN-healthy it is to be in what is basically an abusive relationship and choose to stay..

just use us as therapy.. well as a therapist, i'm not telling you what you need to hear, i'm telling you the truth. you maty not agree or like it, but its coming!

i don't need to look at the Dallas Cowboys history as i look at the NFL and the entire sports landscape and this is normal actually. it is simply a cycle and we're going through a drought...

tunahelper

Reaction score
i make conscious choices, so i don't get sucked into anything, maybe you do, this is choice to follow or not follow a SPORTS Team... no i don't need to be sucked in, i know how to watch with my eyes and have my own opinions.

sorry i'm not joining your little pitchfork and torch club.

you don't need that stay around and be a fan, if you guys are that upset, you can move on.... Ironically, you are self deprecating.. you hate something but choose to torture yourself by sticking around for 28 years maybe 15 too long?? that's SAD REALLY that some of you don't realize how UN-healthy it is to be in what is basically an abusive relationship and choose to stay..

just use us as therapy.. well as a therapist, i'm not telling you what you need to hear, i'm telling you the truth. you maty not agree or like it, but its coming!

i don't need to look at the Dallas Cowboys history as i look at the NFL and the entire sports landscape and this is normal actually. it is simply a cycle and we're going through a drought...
You have two posts with word counts that could match many sports columns. Yeah, you are completely sucked in.

Enjoy the suckage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You have two posts with word counts that could match many sports columns. Yeah, you are completely sucked in.

Enjoy the suckage.
Actually, I'm not

see I'm doing the opposite,

you guys with your pitchforks and torches and the nonsense about being negative wanting to protest and hate the Jones family, hate everything about them, it's the new "in" thing to do and I'm going against the grain...

I'm no sheep you're the sheep and if you write a sports page that's great but if it looks anything like what I'm spouting here in my talk to text rants, &just ramble on like I'm talking to a friend at a bar about sports,

yes, that's what I do and I don't care and I don't get paid for it and I run a business and I have two phones and an iPad and I have my PC open when I do this so I'm doing hit and run post but I'm not sucked in at all I'm a ******* fan bro!!

I can't tell you what that means cause obviously you've lost sight of that every year is a new year, each week during the year it's a week to week league ,and it's a year to year league, if you're holding on to the past you need a therapist, this is just sports and yes those who come in here are more passionate we're not called casuals we are far more than that but telling me I'm a Homer that sucked into anything is ridiculous I make my own choices and my choice is to follow a sports team that I'm very passionate about N after they lose a game the three day rule comes in and I'm gonna enjoy the next game when the season's over I'm gonna be upset for a month and I'm gonna let it go and when March comes around new league year comes up I'm over it if you can't let it go I'm sorry but if you write things like this on your legend sports page then I feel bad for whoever has to read it because all I do is talk into my PC and then it puts a nice long run on sentence for everyone to read and get annoyed by and I'm finding it actually satisfactory in some way that it annoys some of you...

Why do you ask that it gives me some satisfaction it's because it's annoying to read all that insidious negativity about fans allegedly fans of the Dallas Cowboys doing nothing but talking trash 24/7 I feel like I'm in an Eagles forum it gets old so yeah this is what you're gonna get from me and has nothing to do with being sucked in..lmao​

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence Guy is the only serious consideration from where I sit.

Started all of New England's games last season. True 1 tech. He's in the sunset of his career at 34 years old, but is a perfect fit for our purposes, and additionally is one of those players with quite a personal story and who would clearly be a phenomenal mentor to Mazi.
Lawrence Guy is a DE. He played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE and occasionally 3tech DT; however, he was never a 1tech DT.

At times he lined up all over the DL, but the majority of his snaps were at DE. Many years that meant 3-4 DE.

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Lawrence Guy is a DE. He played both 4-3 DE and 3-4 DE and occasionally 3tech DT; however, he was never a 1tech DT.
Hold up. Belichick lined up 5 guys on the line of scrimmage as a matter of routine. Go look.

To be fair to your point, Guy was not the nose guard in that alignment, it's true. And so, yes, in a 3-4, technically, you'd refer to either player to the immediate left or right as a "DE," however that's a bit of a misnomer since, practically those two are either over a guard, or in the guard-tackle gap. In the NE scheme, Guy rarely faced up the tackle. And on the minority of occasions when 4 guys were on the line of scrimmage, Guy always was covered up by an end as far as I've seen.

To be fair to my point, at 315, at least in DQ's defense, Guy is a 1-tech fit. He is Hankins-sized. He would not have been a 3-tech fit. Think the same can be said for Zimmer's history... Guy is much more like a Linval Joseph (330) than he is an Everson Griffen (275) body type.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence Guy is the only serious consideration from where I sit.

Started all of New England's games last season. True 1 tech. He's in the sunset of his career at 34 years old, but is a perfect fit for our purposes, and additionally is one of those players with quite a personal story and who would clearly be a phenomenal mentor to Mazi.
Following up on my previous post...

Lawrence Guy is a guy that 99% of CZ would hate because he was never a freak athlete or super star type player.
- Belichick had many of those types of starters during the Pats reign of Super Bowl Wins.
- Many at CZ laugh about the Cowboys preference for position-flex players; however, Belichick's defenses were based on position-flex players.

I spent a lot of time in the past studying the Belichick defense, especially the 2018 season when they beat the Rams in the Super Bowl.

The Rams had just dominated the Cowboys with their version of the Zone Run Blocking.
- Their rushing offense dominated most teams that season.

...record screeching...
- Then the Rams met up with the master of defense...Bill Belichick.
- Belichick changed his defensive scheme specifically for that game and shut down the Rams.
- Without their dominant run game, their QB was lost.

The short version of the scheme changes...
- The Rams scheme would isolate off-ball LBs from side to side.
- i.e. Get a blocker inside the LB and the RB would cut outside and vice-versa.
- Belichick just move one of his off-ball LBs to the outside.
- The DE on that side now had inside contain and the LB had outside contain.
- No way to prevent the LB from getting outside because he was already there.

There were other changes, but they were all to make the change above feasible.
- That outside LB would often play man-under with a CB or Safety picking up coverage after the 3 to 5 yard area.
- The SS and Nickel CB often swapped spots, etc..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...time-pro-bowl-dt-to-help-mazi-zim/ar-BB1mDtQr

Joseph is 35 years old. He played last year. I saw him play a few times. He seems like he has a few plays left in him. He definitely fits the bill to replace Hankins. I would guess he is in the price range for the Cowboys although they would need to clear some CAP space, not much though.
Almost 36 years old, would be on his 4th team in 4 years, has missed more than half the games each of his last 2 seasons, and wasn't even a starter in the games he did play last year ....

Doesn't seem like someone worth keeping a younger player off the roster for

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He certainly fits the Stephen Jones free agent profile - available, cheap and old.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

clear some cap!? I'd be shocked if he cost more than what we have

but he's also only played 15 games total out of a possible 34 over the last 2 seasons so I wouldn't go this route