Lion Hire Marinelli as HC

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
KingTuna said:
***???? What a bunch of idiots in Detriot!
Yep...
52_MattMillen_WhiteT.JPG

Jimmie

Reaction score
how in the world can Detroit justify hiring that guy? Better yet, the Packers hired the 9'ers OC... hahah

Bledsoe passed for more yards then the entire 9'ers offense had running & passing combined!

Only hire (not official) I like so far is the Texans hiring Kubiak. I've wanted JJ to hire him here, instead of the cast offs we've had pre-Parcells.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
KingTuna said:
***???? What a bunch of idiots in Detriot!

how many of you guys think they will draft Santonio Holmes with their 1st round pick?;)

i mean, even though they have a new HC, but they do still have Millen...and I am sure he makes the calls on who they draft since he is the GM.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Millen makes Jerry Jones look like Tex Schramm when it comes to drafting...

baj1dallas

Reaction score
arghh...oh well. I guess it could be worse. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be Bobby Ross II. I guess at least they should turn their decent defensive ends into quality players.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
how many of you guys think they will draft Santonio Holmes with their 1st round pick?;)

i mean, even though they have a new HC, but they do still have Millen...and I am sure he makes the calls on who they draft since he is the GM.

They may not draft another WR...but it wouldn't surprise anybody if they draft another spoiled, unprepared, immature kid who can't contribute. At least I don't have to worry about them drafting another Joey Quarterback, that guys unique.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More people mad at Millen

posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Matt Millen didn't win friends the way he hired Rod Marinelli, the assistant head coach of the Bucs. He didn't call any of the other candidates involved in the process after making the hire. Former Saints coach Jim Haslett had been waiting by his phone Wednesday because Millen told him he would fly to Detroit on Wednesday to meet William Clay Ford. Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm, one of the early leaders for the job, never heard he was out of the running. Neither did interim coach Dick Jauron. Basically, Marinelli met with Ford and earned Ford's blessing to get a deal done. Millen also didn't announce the finalists to the media as he said he would.

Marinelli had to be in Fantasyland on Wednesday. Since coming to the NFL in 1996 after a stint as defensive line coach for USC, Marinelli has been considered one of the best pure coaches in the business. He's been masterful on the defensive line for the Bucs. He's been a prime candidate for defensive coordinator jobs but has been refused the chance to interview for those jobs because he's been under contract. Marinelli let his contract run out and won the lottery by getting a head coaching job.

Zman5

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
More people mad at Millen

posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Matt Millen didn't win friends the way he hired Rod Marinelli, the assistant head coach of the Bucs. He didn't call any of the other candidates involved in the process after making the hire. Former Saints coach Jim Haslett had been waiting by his phone Wednesday because Millen told him he would fly to Detroit on Wednesday to meet William Clay Ford. Steelers offensive line coach Russ Grimm, one of the early leaders for the job, never heard he was out of the running. Neither did interim coach Dick Jauron. Basically, Marinelli met with Ford and earned Ford's blessing to get a deal done. Millen also didn't announce the finalists to the media as he said he would.

Marinelli had to be in Fantasyland on Wednesday. Since coming to the NFL in 1996 after a stint as defensive line coach for USC, Marinelli has been considered one of the best pure coaches in the business. He's been masterful on the defensive line for the Bucs. He's been a prime candidate for defensive coordinator jobs but has been refused the chance to interview for those jobs because he's been under contract. Marinelli let his contract run out and won the lottery by getting a head coaching job.

Ha ha. That's too funny. Millen is an idiot. I feel bad for the Lions' fans.

Mattsdad

Reaction score
I was listening to the Press Conference this am on Total Access...............man, this guy reminded me of Barry Switzer.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Wow, why didn't they hire the DC? Monte Kiffen still isn't it?

I guess he is like 90.....

I think he's actually 97... Millen... what a friggin' boob. I have ceiling fans that are smarter.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That means Russ Grimm is still out there. That would not be a bad hire IMO. Would also suck if he went to the RedSkinz. He's a quality coach IMO.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I beleive I read that Monte Kiffin is not interested in a head coaching gig.

He has a lot of power and influence at his current job.