Lions vs Titans Game Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Today I am thankful that I am not a Lions fan. I am thankful that the Cowboys OL is first world compared to that 3rd world OL of the Lions.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2445952 said:
That was a sack?

I didn't think they counted it as a sack if the QB tucked and started running.

He wasnt running persay....he was trying to move around to find an open teammate, but no one got open and then he got hit. It was behind the line and thus a sack.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2445952 said:
That was a sack?

I didn't think they counted it as a sack if the QB tucked and started running.

To make it clear: if the QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage, its a sack.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Biggems;2445953 said:
Today I am thankful that I am not a Lions fan. I am thankful that the Cowboys OL is first world compared to that 3rd world OL of the Lions.
We may have to create a category of 4th world. It's that bad

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Biggems;2445955 said:
He wasnt running persay....he was trying to move around to find an open teammate, but no one got open and then he got hit. It was behind the line and thus a sack.

Looked like he was running to me, he tucked the ball away and was just trying to get some of the yards back.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
1-18 in the last 19?

Jesus, they should just contract DET and open up another team somewhere else.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's only considered a sack if the QB initial play was to throw the ball. If the initial play was to run the ball it's not a sack if he gets tackled behind the LOS.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
windward;2445910 said:
Seeing as how this game has been the epitome of uncompetitive, what do you have cooking up for tonight?

A typical thanksgiving lunch/dinner. Turkey, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc...

Oh and 2 graham cracker pies and a pecan pie. :D

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I always like to get a little perspective on the game from DJ Gallo:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/081124...

8. Some people are saying it's good for the Titans that they lost. I've never understood that. How do you learn more from a loss than from a win? Wouldn't that make teams like the Lions and Rams a bunch of geniuses? Here are teams that never win, play with no expectations, always are at home by the end of December and get paid the same as players on winning teams. Hey, wait a minute …

:laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2445956 said:
To make it clear: if the QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage, its a sack.

Biggems;2445955 said:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that Wade was asking the league to review a players TFL and have it changed to a sack.

I may be wrong and finding that snippet will be damn near impossible but I thought I remembered hear Wade asking the league to review a sack a year ago.

edit:

Here it is:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109964&highlight=Wade+review+Ware+sack+league

Umenyiora would have tied Ware with 14 sacks but had one taken away after the Dallas game when Wade Phillips called the league to review what he said was a Romo run, not a pass.

I knew I had seen something like that. Still I was under the wrong impression but knew there was something of this sort out there.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Rack;2445968 said:
A typical thanksgiving lunch/dinner. Turkey, deviled eggs, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc...

Oh and 2 graham cracker pies and a pecan pie. :D
Same here, except we have pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and pumpkin bread, which is very very good. Trust me.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
windward;2445974 said:
Same here, except we have pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and pumpkin bread, which is very very good. Trust me.

Yeah I love pumpkin bread. My mother usually makes it every year, but she's in alaska right now so no pumpkin bread for me till christmas. :D

StylisticS

Reaction score
Was that really a fumble?

*edit* it doesn't matter

Oh and Sweet Potato Pie>>>any pie you can think of.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
StylisticS;2445979 said:
Was that really a fumble?

I there still a game on?

I figured they would have called "Skunk" by now.