List a position we've upgrade so far

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
waiting-impatient.gif

Plankton

Reaction score
Let's be real - this front office is not dedicated and thorough enough to upgrade in free agency. They are only familiar with their own, and neither invest the time nor energy to fully investigate options to improve. They care more about filling roster spots than identifying and pursuing actual upgrades. It's rinse, repeat every offseason.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure most of the teams that have been active in FA have actually upgraded.

FA seems to be a fan watch thing that they celebrate or commiserate prematurely. I remember when the Eagles were going to win it all with the Dream Team.

If I am a Broncos fan, am I jazzed about the Gregory signing or giving up all those picks and players for Wilson? Dolphins giddy about Williams? Browns fans lose Beckham, then Landry and get Cooper. Think they haven't looked at his disappearing act in OAK and DAL?

Real upgrades come from within the team. If this team is to do anything, some 2nd and 3rd years players are going to have to step up and step in.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Of course, free agency isn't close to being over but what's frustrating for many fans, myself included, is to see plenty of cap space with clear opportunities to upgrade the LBer and DE positions over LVE and Fowler. Yet they'll slot these players in and expect them to play like ALL PROs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying spend a lot of money but goodness, there's better quality out there. Then again, like said, free agency is still young so we'll see.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We have made a bunch of sideways acquisitions and a couple downgrades. I have a feeling Fowler will ball out for us this year.

I think he'll play better, what level or impact......

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I was expecting this offseason's goal was to keep a number of our own, address the oline, fix penalities and be ready to roll.

So far I think DE is pretty much a push at this moment. Gregory had a 4-5 game stretch of playing really well, the rest of it wasn't very good. We replaced him with a player that is 2 years younger and has twice the amount of career sacks. Yes Gregory has played in roughly half the amount of games, would he have made significantly more of an impact?

WR, S and Oline at the moment aren't what they were last year. But still have the draft and a lot of players remaining in free agency that can bring upgrades.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bottom line....

They aren't good enough to make a deep playoff run but the people in charge of building the team THINK they are.

They will fail again and be shocked again.

Scapegoat already in place....as it certainly isn't on them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE…addition by subtraction.
Lowered DLaw cap hit. Did not get stuck with Gregory. Retained Armstrong, that me be as productive at Gregory, and probably more reliable and healthy to stay on the field.

WR slightly down, as Cooper been fading the past 2 years. Wilson gone, but we get Washington.

LB, had only 2 on the roster, now at 4, and depth guys and ST’s. Need those type of player in case some do not und that.

Lost 2 OL though, but many wanted one if not both gone. But yet they want to whine the FO has done nothing.

Still a ways to go yet, give it time.