List a position we've upgrade so far

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Every player we’ve lost a downgrade is taking over unless we find something better in the draft. We’ll see about the kicker.
So you think Steele won't be a better replacement for RT? I think he will very to really good if he starts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you think Steele won't be a better replacement for RT? I think he will very to really good if he starts.

It’s possible but I’m not sold on him yet. Collins regressed. He was solid prior to all the injuries.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not calling you out for espousing opinion as fact, or maybe I am. You're going to have to show me all of your posts from March 2021 showing you picking the Bengals from the AFC. I'd settle for "the Packers are a one and done team".

Are the Cowboys "good enough"?? Certainly.
Will it happen? Maybe.

As a wise man once said, "That's why they play the games."
And who was that wise man? You?

I dont HAVE to show you anything.

Don't like my opinion? There's options

I'm far from alone in that line of thinking btw.

I don't come here for arguments. There's hundreds of others around here that share my point of view, dozens of which will happily engage you in that regard.

I'm not on that list. Take it elsewhere.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
waiting-impatient.gif
There are none.
Hopefully the draft will provide upgrades.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My concern isn’t just the lack of positions we have actually upgraded but the number of positions we have downgraded.

Are we more talented on the OL, WR, Safety positions today or are we less talented?

we are clearly less talented and the last time I checked cap space doesn’t open holes for your struggling run game.

This is the scary part to me.....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'll wait until FA and draft are over.
But so far the answer is none.

Honestly, at this stage all but maybe 6-7 teams could say the same

I understand but is it not risky if you're targeting a certain free agent upgrade but waiting to see how low the market is going to drive his price down vs simply making him a fair offer. Honestly, maybe we've done that but boy so far we only heard the words they're interested and due diligence.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
LB - LVE is one of the best in the league. His quickness, closing speed and durability is unreal.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Some would say, why does this matter in March when the season opener isn't for 6 months?

Well, that's true but you're going to upgrade through free agency or draft. After the draft, any free agent left probably won't be much of an upgrade if at all.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I agree but using this logic is suggesting we find starters in the 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd rounds. Not just that, but the draft will fall our way for certain positions of need in those rounds.
Yep not saying I agree with this strategy.
Need to sign some premium free agents.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember watching "The Little Rascals" ("Our Gang") on Sunday mornings in San Antonio before we went off to Sunday School.

Me too.......you to watch and eat corn flakes. It amazing how by then these kinds of shows and cartoons dominated our mornings and were only on weekends.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Still need an oline FA signing prior to the draft, otherwise, Boys will reach in the first three rounds.

DanA

Reaction score
I actually think when all is said and done we will be better in most places except for WR. We just haven’t finished in the draft or FA.

Skillit

Reaction score
Let's be real - this front office is not dedicated and thorough enough to upgrade in free agency. They are only familiar with their own, and neither invest the time nor energy to fully investigate options to improve. They care more about filling roster spots than identifying and pursuing actual upgrades. It's rinse, repeat every offseason.

I hear you; it seems every mistake is fixed by an over compensation.

Remember when we were trading picks for high priced WR FAs and past their prime vets to prop up what was left of the dynasty?
I know that was forever ago…….but not to Jerry.

Now we build from within…..and generally draft better than in the Romo era. But since we got so burned with stupid moves in the early 2000’s, now it seems like we don’t make deals at all. (But to be fair- I liked the deal when we made it. We did have arguably the best WR core in the game and it made Dak look like a HOFer at times.)

I do like we got rid of Cooper. Hopefully Zeke is gone after this year.

All that cap after next year might put us in position to get a FA or two who matter……and matter while Dak, CD, Gallup and what’s left of our O line can do something with it.

One more ‘good’ year under Quinn and the D will be able to attract guys who want to be part of an elite unit.