List Your Preferred Starters

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Reasonable to doubt Chido can take a spot from Woods, especially since we're not in the development business for either this year.

But if Chido can get close, he probably gets the start as the better athlete and likely better overall FS as the year goes on.
Chido cant even beat out Wilson imo. Safety isnt as easy as people think. Kind of disrespectful the way Dallas looks at the position and its leaking to the fans.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Chido cant even beat out Wilson imo. Safety isnt as easy as people think. Kind of disrespectful the way Dallas looks at the position and its leaking to the fans.

Chido was often playing a safetyish role last year and has experience from college. I'm not sure he can do it, but I'm less sure that Wilson can, and Chido is the much better athlete.

conner01

Reaction score
I’d rather see what players look like in camp
McGovern has never taken an NFL snap so hard to say he should be a starter
Many are rookies making a big jump in competition
Seems to me that the point of camp is to see who should be on roster and who should be the starters

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Wilson was a much better safety in college than Awuzie. Wilson made plays at safety in college and nfl (preseason). Ive never seen Chido make a play at safetyon any level
Chido was often playing a safetyish role last year and has experience from college. I'm not sure he can do it, but I'm less sure that Wilson can, and Chido is the much better athlete.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like to see your DE's flip sides and Looney be a backup later on in the season. But everything else is good, IMO.
:thumbup:

Lawrence always starts left. Crawford typically right as a run stopper and whomever on passing. I started Williams and Looney as the other options have 0 combined snaps in the NFL. I'd like everyone to beat out the incumbents but that's not exactly likely in a semi short offseason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
OFFENSE:
WR-Cooper
WR-Gallup
WR-Lamb
TE-Jarwin
RB-Elliott
QB-Prescott
RT-Collins
RG-Martin
C-Biadasz
LG-McGovern
LT-Smith

DEFENSE:
RCB-Diggs
LCB-Worley
SS-Clinton-Dix
FS-Awuzie
NCB-Brown
MLB-Vander Esch
WLB-Smith
RDE-Gregory
DT-Poe
DT-McCoy
LDE-Lawrence

I know Looney did a good job in 2018, but Zeke only had 6 rushing TD's that year.

And Gregory was only suspended for drugs. That suspension doesn't exist anymore, so he will be available week one.

Looney didn't do a good job. For a scrub he did. But no starter material.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don't like Woods?

What is to like? He really hasn't done much of anything here. Only thing good about him is that he was better then the horrid Heath. He has been a breakout candidate the last two years and doesn't break out.

Only thing that would make any sense for upside is that he was held back by bad coaching. Woods contract is up after this season and I don't see him staying. Don't see much play making ability not much of a hitter.

I would actually be fine if they wanted to give Awuzing a shot or Wilson. I just want some playmakers back there.

DanA

Reaction score
OFFENSE:
WR-Cooper
WR-Gallup
WR-Lamb
TE-Jarwin
RB-Elliott
QB-Prescott
RT-Collins
RG-Martin
C-Williams