Listen: Cowboys Preseason Game 1

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket will make wheels off sports history this Saturday night! Listen to our first ever Cowboys Game Broadcast vs. the NFC Champion Seahawks. Dallas Cowboys Countdown to Kickoff pregame show begins at 8pm with Bob Sturm and Super Bowl XXX MVP Larry Brown. Brad Sham calls the play by play starting with the kickoff at 9pm. Afterwards, Norm Hitzges gives his HSO's on Dallas Cowboys Rewind and we'll go deep into the bowels of the stadium to hear from Big Bill and the players on the Locker Room Show. The official radio home of the Dallas Cowboys is Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket.

http://www.theticket.com/

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
I'm getting the game on my SIRIUS. I can't remember from last year if its the announcers from the Ticket but I know it was a local Dallas crew making the calls. (Laufenberg was on the air)
Being up in NY and never getting a feed from Texas it is great to here the local announcers as they obviously focus much more on the team then the national crews do and no a lot more of the tidbits. It always drives me nuts when the national crews go off on a tangent about some other team or player when they should focus on the game they're at. (like the man-love for Favre act we've seen for a decade)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The ticket will not broadcast the game on the internet, just the pre and post game.

That goes for 93.3 the bone too. They are the FM station in DFW that is going to carry the games this year.
http://www.933thebone.com/

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Man, the Ticket sucks. Norms the only thing worth listening too on that station. Unfortunately for Norm, I never listen to him, soley cause hes on the ticket.

I am a P1, but for espn radio. Sorry. I want sports, not bathroom humor in my sports talk.

As for the boys, Its gotta be TV. Screw radio. I aint got no where to be during a cowboys game, so my couch is comfy and always waiting for me. Big screen, surround sound. The Fridge is like 5 feet away. Radio loses out totally for Cowboys coverage.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Man, the Ticket sucks. Norms the only thing worth listening too on that station. Unfortunately for Norm, I never listen to him, soley cause hes on the ticket.

I am a P1, but for espn radio. Sorry. I want sports, not bathroom humor in my sports talk.

As for the boys, Its gotta be TV. Screw radio. I aint got no where to be during a cowboys game, so my couch is comfy and always waiting for me. Big screen, surround sound. The Fridge is like 5 feet away. Radio loses out totally for Cowboys coverage.

wow I have the exact opposite opinion. Why would I want to listen to Dan patrick and mike and mike when I have local hosts who have accurate information for my local teams. Dan Patrick and Mike and mike only talk about parcells and owens when they talk cowboys. I bet The terrible Dan Patrick can only name 2 players not named owen, glenn or bledsoe.

And as far as the local espn shows, well you dont want my opinion!!!

As far as the game on the radio, I cant imagine Cowboys football without Brad sham, I really cant, to me he is as critical on Gameday as The star on the helmet!!!!

Just my two cents

lspain1

Reaction score
This is actually the most frustrating time of year for a distant fan Sunday Ticket subscriber. In spite of the cash I spend, I must wait to get the pre-season games. No network television feeds, hunting around the internet hoping someone at a radio station with web streaming forgets to cut off the game feed. I despise the NFL policy of limiting these games to 'home' areas. Frustrating!:banghead:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
lspain1 said:
This is actually the most frustrating time of year for a distant fan Sunday Ticket subscriber. In spite of the cash I spend, I must wait to get the pre-season games. No network television feeds, hunting around the internet hoping someone at a radio station with web streaming forgets to cut off the game feed. I despise the NFL policy of limiting these games to 'home' areas. Frustrating!:banghead:
Amen to that, lspain1. You would think that the NFL would make some accommodations for those of us that shell out our hard earned dollars for the Sunday Ticket by allowing the same broadcasts of preseason games in the same manner that they show regular season games to their subscribers. This tape delayed crap on the NFL Network is bogus at best.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Yup! Preseason coverage should be included in the Sunday Ticket package. Odd that it isnt'.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lspain1 said:

'Home' areas. There has to be some localized aspect of the league dont you think. I dont think the nfl network showing all the games is bogus. I bet you would be pretty upset if they didnt.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
So will the ticket have a voice over every 15 seconds saying "You're listen to KTCK The Ticket"?

Just imagine this happening during the season ...

Brad Sham: 20 seconds remaining ... Dallas is down by 4 but have the ball at the Skins 20. Bledsoe drops back in the pocket ... throws for the end zone ...

Voice Over: You're listening to KTCK The Ticket. Dallas-Ft. Worth.

Brad Sham: ... and that was an amazing play! Unbelievable! I've never seen a play like that before! Bledsoe threw for the end zone and Terrell Owens ...

Brad Sham: ... and that turns out to be the final play of the game. Just amazing! Shocking! Looking at the replay it appears Owens ...

Brad Sham: ... and we'll have the post game show when we return from this break. The final score, Dallas ...

And then a cry rose up from throughout the land ... WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED???? WHO WON??? And with that a quarter million radios are tossed out of windows. In a related story, Direct TV sales sky rocket the next week.
:lmao2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
theebs said:
wow I have the exact opposite opinion. Why would I want to listen to Dan patrick and mike and mike when I have local hosts who have accurate information for my local teams. Dan Patrick and Mike and mike only talk about parcells and owens when they talk cowboys. I bet The terrible Dan Patrick can only name 2 players not named owen, glenn or bledsoe.

And as far as the local espn shows, well you dont want my opinion!!!

As far as the game on the radio, I cant imagine Cowboys football without Brad sham, I really cant, to me he is as critical on Gameday as The star on the helmet!!!!

Just my two cents

Cause they talk relivant sports. Not about the toilets at Texas stadium or the girl whos so good looking you have to watch for her on tv.

Generally I listen to Dengle on the way to work, Galloway on the way home, All local hosts. So while there talking about or to Cowboys, Gordos talking about an obscure band I've never heard of that is playing in the gypsy room or about some dude in india that married a goat. Every once in awhile I will go in early of leave early, I will then liten to Mike and Mike or Dan Patrick. ESPN's fill ins are way better then the ticket fill ins. There guests are a bit more 'major league' then the tickets generally.

Yester day, Mike and Mike had the Astros general manager on, considering I am an Astros fan, yeah, I liked that.

So while you enjoy your 8 yo attempts at humor, I will listen to sports talk about sports teams, pple and ideas. Not all will be local, granted, but then not all of us are from the local area. My interests are wider then the Strangers and the Smavericks. They include the Astros and the Spurs.

As far as listening to Brad Sham. Hes good, but I prefer the TV guys like Aikman and Moose. I dont have an issue litening to Madden either. Joe Buck does not bother me.

You can defend the Ticket if you like. They have a little value. I used to listen to them when they were the only game in town, even then turning to music or even NPR when Gordo goes on his stupid non sports related rants. I am not saying your wrong to listen to the Ticket, just that my taste are a tad more sophisticated then lockerroom humor. To each his own, remember.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
dstew60105 said:
What channel will it be on Sirius?

For all the Sirius listeners out there...

According to sirius.com, the game will be on two channels: 124 & 123. The away broadcasters are on channel 124...so that's what we want since we're away.

vicjagger

Reaction score
theebs said:
..... There has to be some localized aspect of the league dont you think. ....

The localized aspect of the league is already handled through local television. I live in the Pittburgh & Cleveland viewing areas and they are on every week. (Yawn)

The league wants to dictate that I should follow one of those teams because I live within their market territory. Screw them.

It is the rogue fan, like myself, that gets screwed, or has to pay more for NFL Sunday Ticket (If I switch to DirectTV) or NFL Network (only available on the higher-priced cable package).

I wish there was a class-action lawsuit against the NFL, on behalf of fans like me.....