Listen: Cowboys Preseason Game 1

Kchunda

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
So will the ticket have a voice over every 15 seconds saying "You're listen to KTCK The Ticket"?

Just imagine this happening during the season ...

Brad Sham: 20 seconds remaining ... Dallas is down by 4 but have the ball at the Skins 20. Bledsoe drops back in the pocket ... throws for the end zone ...

Voice Over: You're listening to KTCK The Ticket. Dallas-Ft. Worth.

Brad Sham: ... and that was an amazing play! Unbelievable! I've never seen a play like that before! Bledsoe threw for the end zone and Terrell Owens ...

Brad Sham: ... and that turns out to be the final play of the game. Just amazing! Shocking! Looking at the replay it appears Owens ...

Brad Sham: ... and we'll have the post game show when we return from this break. The final score, Dallas ...

And then a cry rose up from throughout the land ... WHAT THE CRAP JUST HAPPENED???? WHO WON??? And with that a quarter million radios are tossed out of windows. In a related story, Direct TV sales sky rocket the next week.
:lmao2:

:lmao: nice

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
So delayed Direct TV, Sirius and nothing else except Spanish TV? No XM and no internet? Is this right?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy from New York said:
I'm getting the game on my SIRIUS. I can't remember from last year if its the announcers from the Ticket but I know it was a local Dallas crew making the calls. (Laufenberg was on the air)
Being up in NY and never getting a feed from Texas it is great to here the local announcers as they obviously focus much more on the team then the national crews do and no a lot more of the tidbits. It always drives me nuts when the national crews go off on a tangent about some other team or player when they should focus on the game they're at. (like the man-love for Favre act we've seen for a decade)

It will be Brad Sham & Charlie Waters announcing this year.
Babe decided he di not want to announce this year, so he can spend more time with his family.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ashwynn said:
Man, the Ticket sucks. Norms the only thing worth listening too on that station. Unfortunately for Norm, I never listen to him, soley cause hes on the ticket.

I am a P1, but for espn radio. Sorry. I want sports, not bathroom humor in my sports talk.

As for the boys, Its gotta be TV. Screw radio. I aint got no where to be during a cowboys game, so my couch is comfy and always waiting for me. Big screen, surround sound. The Fridge is like 5 feet away. Radio loses out totally for Cowboys coverage.

Well lately the ticket has sucked with their coverage. They broadcast live from TC, and they suck. Hardly any segemnts worth anything on Dunham & Miller. And Norm has this thing about Human Growth Hormones, Biker Landis, and Bonds. Rarely any Cowboys news, other than an interview sometimes. Also too much Texas Rangers talk.
He had Brad Sham on, and more than half the show was talking about his ball hat collection, not about the Cowboys. Pretty pathetic.

Even worse is listening to Dennis & Engel on ESPN Radio here. All they do is bag on TO. If he picked his nose, they will talk about it for 2 hours. And try to start a controversy. Would probably say......well, TO picked his nose, I think it was meant as a gesture to BP. See, he's starting his stuff......

Overall very disappointing.

Only Bob & Dan, has anything worth while for Cowboys news. Because morning practice is just going on, and getting over with. So they have a player on every day.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
theebs said:
'Home' areas. There has to be some localized aspect of the league dont you think. I dont think the nfl network showing all the games is bogus. I bet you would be pretty upset if they didnt.

Just because it's better than nothing doesn't make it good.

9R H8R in Paradise

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:

So while you enjoy your 8 yo attempts at humor, I will listen to sports talk about sports teams, pple and ideas. QUOTE]

Hey man I was only stating my reasons for listening to the ticket.

I dont appreciate your insults.

And for what its worth this morning I went to the grocery store and on my way put on 1033 and guess what the national host was talking about? A 15 minute segment on Dave navvarro breaking up with carmen electra for jenna jameson.

Espn1033 tries all the humour to, problem is nobody there has enough personality or cleverness to be funny.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
NFL Field Pass (internet radio) carries every preseason game. You can subscribe to it free for 7 days. The Cowboys last two preaseason games are only 6 days apart, and the Saints game will be live on ESPN. That leaves only tonight's game out of the picture, but NFL Network will do their "whip-around" show checking in on every game, and all the other games (except for one) will be over when the Cowboys are playing the second quarter.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Well lately the ticket has sucked with their coverage. They broadcast live from TC, and they suck. Hardly any segemnts worth anything on Dunham & Miller. And Norm has this thing about Human Growth Hormones, Biker Landis, and Bonds. Rarely any Cowboys news, other than an interview sometimes. Also too much Texas Rangers talk.
He had Brad Sham on, and more than half the show was talking about his ball hat collection, not about the Cowboys. Pretty pathetic.

Even worse is listening to Dennis & Engel on ESPN Radio here. All they do is bag on TO. If he picked his nose, they will talk about it for 2 hours. And try to start a controversy. Would probably say......well, TO picked his nose, I think it was meant as a gesture to BP. See, he's starting his stuff......

Overall very disappointing.

Only Bob & Dan, has anything worth while for Cowboys news. Because morning practice is just going on, and getting over with. So they have a player on every day.

I like norm talking about the rangers. Somebody has to in this market. This is the best part of the baseball season and the rangers are playing well after making good trades. I appreciate norms baseball talk.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
vicjagger said:
The localized aspect of the league is already handled through local television. I live in the Pittburgh & Cleveland viewing areas and they are on every week. (Yawn)

The league wants to dictate that I should follow one of those teams because I live within their market territory. Screw them.

It is the rogue fan, like myself, that gets screwed, or has to pay more for NFL Sunday Ticket (If I switch to DirectTV) or NFL Network (only available on the higher-priced cable package).

I wish there was a class-action lawsuit against the NFL, on behalf of fans like me.....

You lost me somewhere here? So you expect the cowboys to be played every week while you live near cleveland and pittsburgh? How would that benefit that area. The teams are trying to generate interest in there local markets. It would be maddening if in cleveland and pittsburgh the local teams were not on and the cowboys were.

That would be like here in DFW the Raiders being on and the cowboys not?

I dont get what you are saying.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
theebs said:
You lost me somewhere here? So you expect the cowboys to be played every week while you live near cleveland and pittsburgh? How would that benefit that area. The teams are trying to generate interest in there local markets. It would be maddening if in cleveland and pittsburgh the local teams were not on and the cowboys were.

That would be like here in DFW the Raiders being on and the cowboys not?

I dont get what you are saying.

I think what he is saying is that in this day and age where satellite TV, Radio and internet are so readily available, that you should be able to watch whoever you want if you are willing to pay for it. I wouldn't mind paying 4.95 to Directv to watch a preseason game. Think of the revenue that would generate for the league as well as the provider.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jobberone said:
So delayed Direct TV, Sirius and nothing else except Spanish TV? No XM and no internet? Is this right?
WOAI looks to be carrying the game online tonight.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
percyhoward said:
NFL Field Pass (internet radio) carries every preseason game. You can subscribe to it free for 7 days. The Cowboys last two preaseason games are only 6 days apart, and the Saints game will be live on ESPN. That leaves only tonight's game out of the picture, but NFL Network will do their "whip-around" show checking in on every game, and all the other games (except for one) will be over when the Cowboys are playing the second quarter.

I tried this last year. They still charged me $9.95 for the month. They take your credit card info, to get the free trial. It's not just get it free then they ask you to sign up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs said:
I like norm talking about the rangers. Somebody has to in this market. This is the best part of the baseball season and the rangers are playing well after making good trades. I appreciate norms baseball talk.

I don't mind him talking about them. Because I get more info from him than by reading, because I don't take the time to read baseball in the papers. But over talking, when there are other things going on gets a little too much info.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
theebs said:
wow I have the exact opposite opinion. Why would I want to listen to Dan patrick and mike and mike when I have local hosts who have accurate information for my local teams. Dan Patrick and Mike and mike only talk about parcells and owens when they talk cowboys. I bet The terrible Dan Patrick can only name 2 players not named owen, glenn or bledsoe.

And as far as the local espn shows, well you dont want my opinion!!!

As far as the game on the radio, I cant imagine Cowboys football without Brad sham, I really cant, to me he is as critical on Gameday as The star on the helmet!!!!

Just my two cents

Worth about a penny.......

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Worth about a penny.......

If my post is worth a penny what would yours be worth?

Your just being insulting and offer nothing in your post.

Thanks for trying though.