Listening to a McCarthy presser

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can barely get through McCarthy’s pressers without clicking them off because his mouth smacks annoy the hell out of me. He’s not as bad with it some days but on other days I stop listening. There’s a female reporter that asks him a lot of questions and some days you can’t understand a word she’s saying. She has the voice of a 9 year old. She talks fast and runs her words together, it almost sounds like baby talk. When the interviews were done virtually even McCarthy couldn’t understand her.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot imagine having to talk to the media as much as an NFL coach does without any preparation while still having to offer enough intelligent dialogue to satisfy the reporters and the fans.

The only time a head coach press conference has ever impressed me, in either a positive or negative way, is when they are first hired and if/when they have meltdowns.

All other press conferences are boring and I would be very happy if they just answered questions as succinctly as possible and then ended the press conference.

No pleasantries, no platitudes, no "How we doin' guys?", just ask real football questions, get some type of answers even if vague, then everyone leaves and its done.
The only time I enjoyed them was with Parcells and not because of just him but Steve Dennis and the dumbest questions ever asked and all of the other reporters were just waiting for it and the Parcells look he'd give Dennis. It was evident that Dennis just wanted to be a part of the presser.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I validated that they are pointless not boring, although most are both which Parcells knew it so he ran with it and made them entertaining. I also think you're probably one of the few people that thinks his were the MOST boring. Also...bro...quit suffering through things you aren't forced to suffer through. Not worth it my man!
They are boring to me but I suffer through them because I am a Cowboys fan. It's no different than listening to a Jerry "uh ... um ... uh" interview.

I like Jerry, but I hate his interviews, but because he is the Cowboys owner, I am still going to listen to them just like I did Parcells, Campo, Garrett and now McCarthy. When they are done with the Cowboys, it just means another one will step in and outside of hiring and meltdown press conferences, most of theirs will be boring as well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Believe it or not I sorta like Mike. But the guy seems like he's on Vacation versus coaching. More of a CEO then a coach... "Moore" you get that offense fixed..."no"? Well get back to me when you come up with something. I'll be in the lunch room-heard they had a great new burger......
cXUCTH.gif
that is because kellen is the off HC, mike cant tell him anything.. Jerry set it up like that.
That is what is funny he hires a offensive minded HC, but has kellen be the off HC lol

Dallasfann

Reaction score
They are boring to me but I suffer through them because I am a Cowboys fan. It's no different than listening to a Jerry "uh ... um ... uh" interview.

I like Jerry, but I hate his interviews, but because he is the Cowboys owner, I am still going to listen to them just like I did Parcells, Campo, Garrett and now McCarthy. When they are done with the Cowboys, it just means another one will step in and outside of hiring and meltdown press conferences, most of theirs will be boring as well.

I agree that they are boring but I disagree with you that Parcells were also. Agree to disagree. Also - I differ then you in that I don't watch any pressers and the only time I like them are immediately after games are over. Love the Cowboys but I don't watch a lot of the coaches and Jerry talk during the week because like you I also think they are mostly boring.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Can’t believe the McCarthy hate over every little thing. He had us locked into the playoffs a couple weeks ago.

We know damn well if Garrett was coaching this team, we’d be fighting for the division vs Philly on Sunday.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jimmy's was being physical and running the ball. Everyone knew Emmitt was getting the ball. But who stopped it?? This team has NO identity. From week to week you don't know what they'll do on offense.
true, you don't know what they'll do on offense is right. I dont know what the thinking is on that, unless they use rankings and stats on the
opp defense, and make their game plan from that.

Their game plans are what really hurt the cowboys, and 2nd would be the play calling.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can’t believe the McCarthy hate over every little thing. He had us locked into the playoffs a couple weeks ago.

We know damn well if Garrett was coaching this team, we’d be fighting for the division vs Philly on Sunday.
so as long as he is better than JG your all in??:laugh: thats not saying much.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As for the pressers, every HC has to do them , and only a intelligent and witty person could make them fun to watch.
Not many of those in HC jobs lol. Most of them are not good speakers, and have no idea how to deal with press, and with mike , he has
to be careful not to say anything jones boys might not like also.

His main job is to keep his job, not be a good speaker or win SB's lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I cannot imagine having to talk to the media as much as an NFL coach does without any preparation while still having to offer enough intelligent dialogue to satisfy the reporters and the fans.

The only time a head coach press conference has ever impressed me, in either a positive or negative way, is when they are first hired and if/when they have meltdowns.

All other press conferences are boring and I would be very happy if they just answered questions as succinctly as possible and then ended the press conference.

No pleasantries, no platitudes, no "How we doin' guys?", just ask real football questions, get some type of answers even if vague, then everyone leaves and its done.

Not even Parcells? Those press conferences were football gold.