Listening to a McCarthy presser

Dre11

Reaction score
Jimmy told the guy not to fumble. He fumbled and was cut. Maybe McCarthy needs to do something like that??? Just asking....

Again. They benched Williams and it back fired. That doesn't solve the problem, it's on the player.

John813

Reaction score
Off topic but Bill B presser where he explains the history of the dedicated long snapper is interesting.

He will shoot down dumb questions but give amazing answers to worthy questions.

75boyz

Reaction score
He's a certified three dimensional 3 tier chess level thinker over the other lowly 31 checkerboard mindset head coaches.

He's Mr. Spock level.

You guys don't get it cuz you can't comprehend his advanced level thinking.

He's on his own level and can't be compared to anyone cuz he's in a class by himself.

There's even a couple here who know this already.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Exactly. I don't know what people expect him to say. Last week he was a great guy, this week he's a dirt bag. Lol
this place is truly Bipolar, that's for sure, they turn on players, coaches and FO over 24hr period one game to the next.

I've always looked at this as year-to-year body of work, not 25years, not what happened last year or what might happen next year and for sure stay within the year we are in but not game to game when the years over and you have the full picture when judge what happened.

this league doesn't truly carry over and its one off each year. i rather not get into these raging debates week to week but they drag you into it anyway. 2021 should be judged when it's over and so far, how can they be upset at MM?

the team is 11-5, 3 losses by a Total of 8 points, 4 losses by grand total of 18points and 2 were on the road to last year's Superbowl teams, 4 are playoff teams as of now. the only game we were out of and were a no show was Denver, that's it.

We haven't had help from the refs or lady luck, we have played shorthanded in many games and yet wins are somehow perceived as losses if we didn't play perfectly. this place has gone mad. wake up a win only counts as a win and loss as loss, there's no in between.

being 11-5 at this point, a division winner, and in the playoffs and i can't tell the difference in the attitude around here from the 8-8 season, 6-10, or this year. The fans are always upset or worse they are far to up from wins and exaggerate the expectations and that's also an issue.
I prefer and even keel, look at the big picture, and I will Judge this 2021 team when its truly over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No it wasn't,, only in your mind, only the player can stop penalties, coaches can't. You only can bench players and how did that work out when Williams was benched
it didn't and the rest of the OL is now sharing in penalties and add Dalton Shultz holding and getting big plays called back.,. You cant as coach fix this these are adult, grown azz men , millionaires and been doing this very long time. its up to them to stop making mistakes.
odd how many games has cwill been back 2? 3? no holding calls lol irony the rest now hold so much you cant bench them all LOL behind the scenes you can trust they being this up in meetings and after that the coaches can't control penalties.

we just have to hope this isn't a trend going into the playoffs.

I rather them not hold and give up more sacks and TFL etc IDC what happens after they blow an assignment just don't hold! allow the pay to just happen, goes for al over the filed, unless it saves a TD etc adjust stop adding to an already bad play.

Reactions: CWR

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
It's like hearing a lecture on ancient history without knowing one second about history. McCarthy talks for 20 or so minutes and I feel like I come out even more dumber about the team then before I went in. He mumbles on and on almost as if he's not the coach like it's somebody else's problem. Between the constant lip smacking noise. To him trying to be more comedic and likeable then being a head coach. Hey, Mike? What you gonna do about fixing your porous offense and massive penalty problem? We need to identify the problem. Then meet up to fix and solve the problem. You have to remember my time in Green Bay... We worked on this problem all the time...Yep. We really worked on it hard back then......:facepalm:

Wow, after listening to MM speech, i would run into a wall for that man.....of course, it would be one of those japanese paper walls. but, what the heck.

goshan

Reaction score
It is strange.

I have tried to figure out what his coaching philosophy is and I have no clue. Parcells, it was about knowing every situation and being prepared. Protecting the ball and playing field position while winning all three phases.

Garrett...it was a process, it was conservative and unimaginative as hell, it was corny cliche's, it was running the football.

This guy...no idea.

Well u should listen more closely. He is about complimentary football, and adjusting schemes each week based upon the opponent. He isn't going to say 'we run the ball' or 'we blitz a lot'. It isn't that complicated....

goshan

Reaction score
Jimmy's was being physical and running the ball. Everyone knew Emmitt was getting the ball. But who stopped it?? This team has NO identity. From week to week you don't know what they'll do on offense.
Lol. Yup and that is on purpose. He is about complimentary football, and adjusting schemes each week based upon the opponent. He isn't going to say 'we run the ball' or 'we blitz a lot'. Welcome to the modern NFL. We saw this year the Chiefs had to adjust their approach to do the same thing - people were shutting down the pass. Now they can run the ball, throw short, and they have to be ultimately flexible and and a different scheme based upon the opponent.

If you want to go back to "this is what we do, stop us" you are a fan boy of Jason Garret. It doesn't work anymore.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I do feel way more confident in leadership with him than under Garrett.

Garrett came off as extremely disingenuous. Players tuned him out long before he was let go.

That said I think he speaks of his Super Bowl win way too often, and thats probably what enamored Jerry during the sleepover.

He truly thinks that since MM has been to a Super Bowl that he has some magic formula. That may be so, but the problem is the name of that magic is Aaron Rodgers.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I cannot imagine having to talk to the media as much as an NFL coach does without any preparation while still having to offer enough intelligent dialogue to satisfy the reporters and the fans.

The only time a head coach press conference has ever impressed me, in either a positive or negative way, is when they are first hired and if/when they have meltdowns.

All other press conferences are boring and I would be very happy if they just answered questions as succinctly as possible and then ended the press conference.

No pleasantries, no platitudes, no "How we doin' guys?", just ask real football questions, get some type of answers even if vague, then everyone leaves and its done.

You have never seen a Parcells press conference then. Too bad... Every single one of them was worth watching from beginning to end. I remember refreshing the internet waiting for DC.com to drop it every week.

75boyz

Reaction score
Lol. Yup and that is on purpose. He is about complimentary football, and adjusting schemes each week based upon the opponent. He isn't going to say 'we run the ball' or 'we blitz a lot'. Welcome to the modern NFL. We saw this year the Chiefs had to adjust their approach to do the same thing - people were shutting down the pass. Now they can run the ball, throw short, and they have to be ultimately flexible and and a different scheme based upon the opponent.

If you want to go back to "this is what we do, stop us" you are a fan boy of Jason Garret. It doesn't work anymore.

While your reasoning is the absolute precise answer to modern day coaching it is not being carried out by this coach and his football team.

Hoodie, McDaniels and Brady did this very successfully on offense the last few years Brady was at QB in New England.

That is from week to week they could alter their game day gameplan to counter opponent defensive weaknesses. A high volume multi pass output one week to grind and pound power rush philosophy the next depending on who they faced.

I agree with you, the days of the static offensive identity should be manipulated to fit the need based on opponent faced. But to say that this coach is accomplishing this is not true at all.

He may be trying to, but he's failing miserably at it for a variety of reasons.

It sounds like good damage control PR coachspeak on his part.

jmo

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have never seen a Parcells press conference then. Too bad... Every single one of them was worth watching from beginning to end. I remember refreshing the internet waiting for DC.com to drop it every week.
I saw many of them and was not a fan. He spent more time trying to sound intelligent, create new quotes and make the reporters seem like every question they asked was stupid than he did actually providing any answers to questions many people had including the fans.

foofighters

Reaction score
It's like hearing a lecture on ancient history without knowing one second about history. McCarthy talks for 20 or so minutes and I feel like I come out even more dumber about the team then before I went in. He mumbles on and on almost as if he's not the coach like it's somebody else's problem. Between the constant lip smacking noise. To him trying to be more comedic and likeable then being a head coach. Hey, Mike? What you gonna do about fixing your porous offense and massive penalty problem? We need to identify the problem. Then meet up to fix and solve the problem. You have to remember my time in Green Bay... We worked on this problem all the time...Yep. We really worked on it hard back then......:facepalm:
More dumber? Dude, I don't think MM had anything to do with that...

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I saw many of them and was not a fan. He spent more time trying to sound intelligent, create new quotes and make the reporters seem like every question they asked was stupid than he did actually providing any answers to questions many people had including the fans.

Personally, I don't think he gave 2 ***** about the questions the fans or media had, which made it even better. I also don't think he had to try to sound intelligent. Dude knows more about football and how to coach a team then 99.9999 % of the worlds population.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, I don't think he gave 2 ***** about the questions the fans or media had, which made it even better. I also don't think he had to try to sound intelligent. Dude knows more about football and how to coach a team then 99.9999 % of the worlds population.
Thank you for validating my point that most coach press conferences are boring. Whether the coach is intelligent or not is irrelevant to my comments.

Parcells press conferences (outside of his first one when hired by the Cowboys) were some of the most boring press conferences I have ever suffered through. If he had just given straight answers to questions, I am sure they would have been some of the best, but instead he paused, tried to think of funny quotes that were not funny, tried to make the reporters seem like idiots for asking the questions likely trying to get them to stop asking questions, etc.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Thank you for validating my point that most coach press conferences are boring. Whether the coach is intelligent or not is irrelevant to my comments.

Parcells press conferences (outside of his first one when hired by the Cowboys) were some of the most boring press conferences I have ever suffered through. If he had just given straight answers to questions, I am sure they would have been some of the best, but instead he paused, tried to think of funny quotes that were not funny, tried to make the reporters seem like idiots for asking the questions likely trying to get them to stop asking questions, etc.

I think I validated that they are pointless not boring, although most are both which Parcells knew it so he ran with it and made them entertaining. I also think you're probably one of the few people that thinks his were the MOST boring. Also...bro...quit suffering through things you aren't forced to suffer through. Not worth it my man!