Little things that irritate me about the NFL

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
THUMPER;2412931 said:
GimmeTheBall!;2412916 said:
THUMPER;2412771 said:
5. That the league/union doesn't take care of the guys who made the NFL into such a great game in the first place. For a guy like Bob Lilly, the greatest DT to ever play the game, to receive $165 per month in retirement pay is a travesty!

Lilly isn't hurting financially but a lot of his contemporaries are. My point is that for a guy who played 14 years at the highest level and never missed a game he should be getting a hell of a lot more than a measly $165 a month.

That you missed that tells a lot about you. :rolleyes:

But you don't lose sleep over the guy who put in 45 years at the factory, taxed to death all his life, couldn't afford to send his nonfootball playing offspring to college, laid off and who can't pay for his prescription medicine in retirement.

I think your sympathies are misplaced.
You truly hurt for the stars of society.
Forget the little guy.
That is my point. Whether that does not meet with your celebrity view of the world is none of my nevermind.:rolleyes:

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2412958 said:
One thing which irritates me about today's NFL is the need for a Hall of Fame ex-player turned head coach to find it necessary to drop his pants and expose his buttocks to his players in order to motivate them to play pro level football. I can't stay the 49ers, but I have a ton of respect for Mike Singletary. It's shameful that he had to go such an extreme to wake up overpaid wussies.

I agree completely. Singletary is an '85 Bear in '08's primadonna league

a few things I hate...

1) Joe Buck.

2) Unenthusiastic commentating. I know a lot of you guys don't like soccer, but I play and am a huge fan of it. It's a huge drop-off in level of excitement going from "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!" to "... and he walks in for the touchdown."

3) 1 hour of gametime, 2 hours of commercials.

4) Tight-***ed referreeing regarding endzone celebrations. I myself hate exaggerated celebrations, but take this for example: The game between NO and San Diego in Wembley Stadium (England) the other week... a Saints player scores and does a knee slide (a popular soccer goal celebration) and the ref has to explain to the fans that the player is receiving a 15 yard penalty for going to his knees. You should have heard the boos.

5) Madden '09. 3 or 4 years into next-gen gaming and it still looks like a freaking cartoon. Still doesn't compare to ESPN NFL 2k5 for REGULAR xbox.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
bbgun;2412834 said:
Seriously, something has to be done.

http://i30.***BLOCKED***/albums/c324/bigdub81/Photo-CHovan.jpg

He looks ******** in that jersey

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
xWraithx;2413017 said:
I agree completely. Singletary is an '85 Bear in '08's primadonna league

a few things I hate...

1) Joe Buck.

2) Unenthusiastic commentating. I know a lot of you guys don't like soccer, but I play and am a huge fan of it. It's a huge drop-off in level of excitement going from "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!" to "... and he walks in for the touchdown."

3) 1 hour of gametime, 2 hours of commercials.

4) Tight-***ed referreeing regarding endzone celebrations. I myself hate exaggerated celebrations, but take this for example: The game between NO and San Diego in Wembley Stadium (England) the other week... a Saints player scores and does a knee slide (a popular soccer goal celebration) and the ref has to explain to the fans that the player is receiving a 15 yard penalty for going to his knees. You should have heard the boos.

5) Madden '09. 3 or 4 years into next-gen gaming and it still looks like a freaking cartoon. Still doesn't compare to ESPN NFL 2k5 for REGULAR xbox.

I agree with everything you just said

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2412093 said:
I hate when Football interupts my commercials.

Youre not kidding that is the worse. Do they really need commercials after an extra point and then again right after the kickoff? Really ruins the game for me when Dallas isnt playing.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Part time refs is a joke, the officiating this year has been worse then I can ever remember.

Instant replay. I thought instant replay was suppose to be about getting the call right, not penalizing teams for challenging plays and making them waste timeouts. College replay is much better, if it is the wrong call stop the game for a minute and get it right.

I know cut out the stupid commercials every other play and add them back in during the few extra reviews that would take place if they were reviewing more plays instead of relying on a stupid challenge flag.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;2414017 said:
Part time refs is a joke, the officiating this year has been worse then I can ever remember.

Instant replay. I thought instant replay was suppose to be about getting the call right, not penalizing teams for challenging plays and making them waste timeouts. College replay is much better, if it is the wrong call stop the game for a minute and get it right.

I know cut out the stupid commercials every other play and add them back in during the few extra reviews that would take place if they were reviewing more plays instead of relying on a stupid challenge flag.

But then the need for the refs become lesser and lesser and pretty soon we wouldn't have any refs.

rcaldw

Reaction score
INDOOR STADIUMS!

Go the way that baseball has gone in the past several years. RETRO. Football was meant to be played in the elements. Who doesn't love to watch the NFL film of Packers in muddy uniforms and the Vikings sacking people in the snow?

You go to Minnesota in the winter and play in 70 degree weather with no moisture????

ARENA FOOTBALL UNIFORMS!

Get rid of all the stupid looking clown uniforms and go back to the old uniforms. I can't stand the Vikings, Titans, Rams, Cardinals, Broncos etc. I feel like if I see one more stripe between the armpit and the waist I'm gonna get sick. I'm tired of the swoop stripe down the side of the pants.

Can you tell I'm old school? :)