lmao @ Delusional Art

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
Actually, I'm not terribly biased against Joe Gibbs. Sure, its hard to like a coach or player of your hated rival, but I've always considered Gibbs a class guy.

That doesn't absolve the guy from blame and fair criticism. I stated when it was first announced that it was a mistake for him to come back. And he's done nothing to prove otherwise.

The game has passed him by....both how its played on the field, and the business aspects.

And having the moron as his boss only makes him look worse.

But since you want to wait and see if he causes a miracle turn around by letting the likes of Pierce and Smoot go, trading his best receiver for a lesser talent, and crippling his teams free agency ability...... are you going to admit that he's clueless and the game has long passed him by when you have another 5-11, 7-9 season?

touche:D

However.....If we as an organization ARE going to go back to the normal route of build through the draft and FA's we must set the example.....

Even if it costs a few games......Everyone thinks it's dumb to lose pierce and smoot but as a skins fan I understand why they must go.....

The money.......Pierce wanted big $$$ and so does smoot......We offered smootie 10 Mil SB and he said 14......so we said go ahead and find a team that will offer YOU 14.....

So far nothing....

As for pierce....well NYG was desperate......

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
touche:D

However.....If we as an organization ARE going to go back to the normal route of build through the draft and FA's we must set the example.....

Even if it costs a few games......Everyone thinks it's dumb to lose pierce and smoot but as a skins fan I understand why they must go.....

The money.......Pierce wanted big $$$ and so does smoot......We offered smootie 10 Mil SB and he said 14......so we said go ahead and find a team that will offer YOU 14.....

So far nothing....

As for pierce....well NYG was desperate......

Okay, I understand that you're not going to be able to retain all of your homegrown talent.

However, if you decide you want to start 'building through the draft' (a philosophy I whole-heartedly agree with) then why would you let two of your best draft picks leave?

Why weren't Peirce and Smoot locked up to extensions last season or prior? I can understand why Pierce wasn't, as this was just his first year starting so there really wasn't a price or value established for him.

But it was clear that Smoot was not only an above average if not better CB, but also a fiery, emotional foreskin who took great pride in being a foreskin. The team should have shown comitment to him after it lost Bailey (another draft pick, btw).

So is that really your current philosophy? Because actions speak louder than words....

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
JokerJokerDeuce said:
So is that really your current philosophy? Because actions speak louder than words....

I guess so......We'll see......according to the "press" the skins will not budge on the deal......They know smoot isn't a 14 mil guy.....

No matter what happens I guess they are trying to set the example for the future.....

edit: Smoot signs w/ MN

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I guess so......We'll see......according to the "press" the skins will not budge on the deal......They know smoot isn't a 14 mil guy.....

No matter what happens I guess they are trying to set the example for the future.....

edit: Smoot signs w/ MN
I think Smoot just doesn't like the Commanders...maybe he is sick about seeing snydey boy lowball his buddies and let him leave and than seeing them overpay for some big name? He signed with Min for a pretty resonable market.

BTW, do you think you will go WR or CB in the draft?

HipHop

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
I think Smoot just doesn't like the Commanders...maybe he is sick about seeing snydey boy lowball his buddies and let him leave and than seeing them overpay for some big name? He signed with Min for a pretty resonable market.

Realistically, if you were a foreskin and had the chance to leave.... would you want to stay considering everything that team has gone through since Snyder bought the franchise a few years ago?

That team is the new Cardinals of the NFC East.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
To be fair, we haven't been much better, but at least I don't get the sense of chaos on my team every year.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If you know art well enough...then you know that him admitting it was a bad mistake is a HUGE step for him.

And in many ways he makes valid points.

Sure there is homerism in that post, but at the same time it is a huge leap for art...and for the most part I agree with his takes on the issue.

However I will say that I do not see it as the emergence of Snyder becoming a fine owner, it just means to me that he is trying to take the step in the right direction.

Snyder's just doing what the salary cap is forcing him to do... his sudden "restraint" isn't restraint at all, he's just cap-strapped...

silverbear

Reaction score
trickblue said:
maybe it is just me... but delusional=art... is this not an oxymoron?

No, it's redundant...

Thus saith Professor Grammar...

silverbear

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Great?.....eh.....naaaa.......Willing to do anything in order to make his team win, sometimes even trying so hard that he hurts his team without realizing it.......More likely:)

gIbbs' is fixin' danny boy up........Only mistake last year was Brunell....then again what other option was put there....Bledsoe kinda....Garcia, YIKES!!!!

KingBrice, I have no desire to flame you as a Skins fan, but from where I sit, Gibbs is blowing it-- again...

The biggest problem the Skins had last year was an entirely inadequate offensive line... so far this year, Gibbs has "fixed" this glaring problem by bringing in Casey Rabach... and that's IT...

Well, center WAS the biggest hole on the offensive line last year, and Rabach probably was the best center out there... however, he wins that title mostly by default, and you really should bear in mind that last year was his first as a starter, and the Ravens ranked next to last in the NFL in total offense...

Unless Gibbs takes a MUCH more aggressive approach to fixing your offensive line, you guys are destined for more offensive futility this year... I pissed off a lot of Skins fans over on the NFC East Rantatorium with my criticisms of the Skins' offensive line last summer, but by season's end they were all willing to admit that I had sized up the problem accurately...

Getting Jon Jansen back will help some, and the Skins will be able to field a credible starting line of LOT Chris Samuels, LOG Derrick Dockery, C Casey Rabach, ROG Randy Thomas and ROT Jon Jansen... but EVERY NFL team suffers injuries in the trenches in the course of a season, and the Skins' backups are quite dreadful, really...

Gibbs doesn't have much cap room left to address his offensive line, so you'd best hope that he emphasizes the OL in the draft... that and the WR corps seem to me to be the top 2 priorities, though of course your defense has taken a coupla serious hits with the loss of Smoot and Pierce...

Unless Gibbs does find some short-term help for the offensive line, I'd say the absolute best Skins fans can hope for out of next season is a .500 record... again, I hope you understand that none of this is offered as flame bait, but rather is my serious analysis of the Skins at this point...

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Tio said:

WR....

Williams blitzed so much ....I don't think that the Cornerback coverage was as important as the safety coverage.....

We have capible guys just unproven.....

I think

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
Snyder's just doing what the salary cap is forcing him to do... his sudden "restraint" isn't restraint at all, he's just cap-strapped...

Actually if it were up to snyder, according to coles own words, he would have had Coles still on the team watching the games on TV.

Seems as if Joe is the guy that forced the trade....furthermore I think Joe had to do something because at the very least he would have been called a liar due to his "if you do not want to be on the team" speech.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Actually if it were up to snyder, according to coles own words, he would have had Coles still on the team watching the games on TV.

that would be funny.....he would take heat for it but no other players would express interest to leave.....lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Snyder is NOT a good owner and this move was the definitive proof of that.

a. He overpaid for Coles as a RFA, something which almost never gets done for any player so he paid a rich free agent contract and gave up a draft pick. It wasn't a Galloway deal but it was bad, very bad.
b. He allowed his ego to cost him 9 mil in cap space when he could have simply released Coles as Gibbs agreed to do and spent that cap space on a better player than Santana Moss.
c. He actually threatened Coles by telling him he would "Terry Glenn" him.
d. He undercuts his coach by revoking Gibbs deal with Coles. A deal which would have offered the best possible return, something Gibbs knew and had pondered.

And the biggie is he allowed B through D simply because he was scared Coles would sign with Bill in Dallas. He once again allowed his hatred of the Cowboys to render him useless as a football man.