LMAO! Jerome Bettis just said Commanders #2 team in NFC

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438603 said:
You guys will have plenty of chances to make the Top-6. If it isn't us, you'll probably overtake someone in the NFC South if you keep playing the way you did today.

Fact is, whether you want to admit it or not, our teams are pretty close in skill.You're more dynamic offensively than we are, at least passing the ball, I think we may have the edge running it. And I think it's safe to say we have a stouter defense. We split our game this season 1-1. As I said, it's going to be a fight to the wire for everyone. Except the Giants.

stouter against the rush, but we get after the QB now

Phoward12

Reaction score
Rampage;2438612 said:
dude i'm just messin with you. chill out, be happy your team got a win today. you will lose next week.

I'm cool, I'm trying to walk that fine line between defending my team and not being labeled a troll.

Anyway, as to next week, you might be right, playing the Giants isn't something I'm particularly looking forward to. Burress apparently got hurt today, and Jacobs didn't play today. That could help us, although I'd be happier if their entire offensive line disappeared.

Phoward12

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438619 said:
stouter against the rush, but we get after the QB now

I think our secondary has to be considered overall superior as well, but you're right, you guys get a lot more pressure than we do. Frankly, any game where we get two sacks or more is an accomplishment. We don't have that DeMarcus Ware type hybrid right now, though some people have suggested that we stand up Jason Taylor.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438625 said:
I'm cool, I'm trying to walk that fine line between defending my team and not being labeled a troll.

Anyway, as to next week, you might be right, playing the Giants isn't something I'm particularly looking forward to. Burress apparently got hurt today, and Jacobs didn't play today. That could help us, although I'd be happier if their entire offensive line disappeared.
yeah that o-line has been healthy and dominate. gotta stop the run and force SHEli to try and beat you.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438635 said:
I think our secondary has to be considered overall superior as well, but you're right, you guys get a lot more pressure than we do. Frankly, any game where we get two sacks or more is an accomplishment. We don't have that DeMarcus Ware type hybrid right now, though some people have suggested that we stand up Jason Taylor.

I don't think Jason Taylor standing up will do the trick

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
PortisSkins;2438555 said:
You're not ahead of us in the standings. That was a "misprint." We are the 6th team in if it ended today. But Fox loves them some Cowboys, so whatever.

Actually I don't think it goes to conference record unless we're tied totally, as in we went 1-1 like we did but we had to have won by the same points you did. We beat you by 4 so we hold the tie breaker, I believe. Which is probably why places are placing you behind us cause conference records come into play after that.

Phoward12;2438572 said:
Nah, that was a mistake on Fox's part. We still have a game on you guys in the conference record, we're 6-3 against the NFC and you guys are 5-4. You looked good today though, this will be a fight to the wire.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings

It will be a fight but like I said above I think it only goes to conference record if we'd not won by 3 or more points the second time around.

PortisSkins;2438580 said:
LOL! Thats some pretty heavy backlash off me simply stating that Fox screwed up. I'd be more willing to wear a "6th Seed Playoff" shirt than I would be "1st Runner-Up to the Playoffs", though.

Sad. Very sad.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
They should never have Let Jerome bettis play without a helmet.
:rolleyes:

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438603 said:
Fact is, whether you want to admit it or not, our teams are pretty close in skill. You're more dynamic offensively than we are, at least passing the ball, I think we may have the edge running it. And I think it's safe to say we have a stouter defense. We split our game this season 1-1. As I said, it's going to be a fight to the wire for everyone. Except the Giants.

If by "stouter" you mean that even when that defense KNEW Barber was gonna run at them(in the 4th qtr last week) and STILL couldn't stop it...then yea, you are correct sir;)

As for Mr Bettis...I think that comment is a case of him getting too many concussions during his playing days...

Phoward12

Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;2438722 said:
If by "stouter" you mean that even when that defense KNEW Barber was gonna run at them(in the 4th qtr last week) and STILL couldn't stop it...then yea, you are correct sir;)

As for Mr Bettis...I think that comment is a case of him getting too many concussions during his playing days...

No, I mean as in, we've given up 52 less points than Dallas, and our defense is overall ranked 4th while you guys are 9th. I'm not saying you guys are bad, by any means, I just think we have the edge. Just like I'm willing to admit your passing game is more dynamic.

Oh, and Braveheart, I have never heard of margin of victory being a tiebreaker. I just looked up the procedures; if both teams were to wind up 10-6 or 11-5 or whatever, the first tiebreaker is head to head, where we split 1-1. The second is division record, where both teams are currently 2-2. The third is conference record, where we have the 1 game edge. For what it's worth, the 4th tie-breaker is "strength of victory" whatever that means.

Reaction score
Dallas needs to take it one game at a time and go from there... No need in looking ahead of Seattle because they've played tough of late. Matt Hasselback just loves picking a part our defense so Thursday's game won't be a cake walk.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438787 said:
No, I mean as in, we've given up 52 less points than Dallas, and our defense is overall ranked 4th while you guys are 9th. I'm not saying you guys are bad, by any means, I just think we have the edge. Just like I'm willing to admit your passing game is more dynamic.

Oh, and Braveheart, I have never heard of margin of victory being a tiebreaker. I just looked up the procedures; if both teams were to wind up 10-6 or 11-5 or whatever, the first tiebreaker is head to head, where we split 1-1. The second is division record, where both teams are currently 2-2. The third is conference record, where we have the 1 game edge. For what it's worth, the 4th tie-breaker is "strength of victory" whatever that means.

Ahhh then what we've got to do is make sure we beat the Giants and the Eagles and then we don't have to worry about conference records because we'll be 4-2 and hopefully, after next week, the best you guys will be able to finish is 3-3. :p

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

juck

Reaction score
Phoward12;2438635 said:

Dude the only reason u are even close to us in the standings is cause romo was hurt for 3 games.cmon u know it.

BHendri5

Reaction score
PortisSkins;2438555 said:
You're not ahead of us in the standings. That was a "misprint." We are the 6th team in if it ended today. But Fox loves them some Cowboys, so whatever.

not a misprint, they have it right

Phoward12

Reaction score
juckie;2438816 said:
Dude the only reason u are even close to us in the standings is cause romo was hurt for 3 games.cmon u know it.

I don't really think that has much to do with anything, he was playing when our teams played each other in week 4. You lost to the Rams, same as us. You lost to the Giants, same as us. Our teams are closer than you would like to admit, and we'll see how the next 5 weeks play out.

We have three opponents remaining in common; Philly, the Giants, and the Ravens. We still have to play Cincy and SF, you have Seattle and Pittsburgh, who we thankfully are already done with. We'll see who comes out on top.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2438589 said:
I think it took Seattle till late in the 3rd to convert a 3rd down

but it looks like Carolina and Washington are the WCs if the playoffs started today

Damn good thing they don't start for 6 more weeks then.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Phoward12;2438603 said:
I think we may have the edge running it.

Is that before Portis got hurt?

juck

Reaction score
Phoward12;2438987 said:
I don't really think that has much to do with anything, he was playing when our teams played each other in week 4. You lost to the Rams, same as us. You lost to the Giants, same as us. Our teams are closer than you would like to admit, and we'll see how the next 5 weeks play out.

We have three opponents remaining in common; Philly, the Giants, and the Ravens. We still have to play Cincy and SF, you have Seattle and Pittsburgh, who we thankfully are already done with. We'll see who comes out on top.

we lost to the rams and giants with brad johnson dude.cmon.