Local media has turned on Garrett

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I really don’t see how Jason survives. I’m not sure Jerry can fight it off barring a deep run.

Everything I heard yesterday and my inside contacts I’ve always listened to say not only the media but fans have finally had enough.

Jason has always brushed them off but this play calling sequence and throwing Moore under the bus along with Austin on the fair catch might be tough for Jerry to weather.

It will be interesting to see how this finishes out but many are saying with our tough remaining schedule it’s not favorable for us . And once Egirls get past these next two games with Sea and NE they don’t have another loseable game until us.

It’s not looking like we’ll make the playoffs so this is probably it. I’m hoping Jerry finds a place in the front office for Jason which is where his strength is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coaching the Cowboys in Jerry’s puppet era is mostly a dead end job. No one usually goes on to other venues with the lone exception of Gailey but he had to spend almost a decade rebuilding his reputation at Ga Tech then was on a very short leash at Buffalo never to be heard from again.

I’d like to think there would be other interest for Garrett in NFL but being here in Dallas taints your resume. While most don’t expect anyone to have much success with Jerry’s ways it still leaves on staunch odor in their resume.

If Garrett wants to pursue other HC positions he’ll probably need to dip into the NCAA or take an OC position.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d always hoped at some point Jason would become our GM or VP along with Jerry and Stephen in some capacity.

I’ve supported Jason throughout despite his inexperience and learning curves because I’ve felt he was a positive influence on Jerry and our culture here. But like anyone eventually the clock will run out without more success. Well for everyone but Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wish I had more hope moving forward but I expect more of the same maybe even falling back without the influence to overcome and coexist with Jerry.

Maybe we’ll go back to churning out HC’s every 2 or 3 years again.

I don’t expect Jerry to give up his selfish egotistical obsession to prove he can win it without a Named or Up n Coming HC. That will leave a short list unless some old retired HC wants to work again and their phone isn’t ringing.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I’d always hoped at some point Jason would become our GM or VP along with Jerry and Stephen in some capacity.

I’ve supported Jason throughout despite his inexperience and learning curves because I’ve felt he was a positive influence on Jerry and our culture here. But like anyone eventually the clock will run out without more success. Well for everyone but Jerry.
Lol, how did your assessment get so jacked up?

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I really don’t see how Jason survives. I’m not sure Jerry can fight it off barring a deep run.

Everything I heard yesterday and my inside contacts I’ve always listened to say not only the media but fans have finally had enough.

Jason has always brushed them off but this play calling sequence and throwing Moore under the bus along with Austin on the fair catch might be tough for Jerry to weather.

It will be interesting to see how this finishes out but many are saying with our tough remaining schedule it’s not favorable for us . And once Egirls get past these next two games with Sea and NE they don’t have another loseable game until us.

It’s not looking like we’ll make the playoffs so this is probably it. I’m hoping Jerry finds a place in the front office for Jason which is where his strength is.
Why so he can sabotage them some more? I am hoping that Garrett never steps foot again in any of the Cowboy facilities. Get rid of him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I want to thank Garrett for providing me more hope for a few years. I was in a very bad place as a Cowboy fan during that period walking away from my season tickets after most of 4 decades as my bitterness against Jerry was at its peak with new stadium.

I finally came to terms that Jerry wasn’t All In to win another championship unless it was his way. I waved my white flag and begun cheering for Jason to make the most of an awful situation.

I never really understood why he wanted to stay here in the most dysfunctional situation in the league. He had several opportunities to go elsewhere but chose to remain here. I begin looking at Jason as a possible Savior to our otherwise hopeless outlook under Jerry’s devilish wrath.

His connection as an ex player to Jimmy and our last Glory Era and his fathers connection to Landry provided all the reason I needed to get behind someone who felt the roots to our history while trying to coexist , survive and flourish with what I’ve described as mostly a Dead -End job.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thanks Jason for bringing some respect back to our franchise with how you handled yourself never falling victim or lashing out to fans or the media.

Despite the childish rhetoric we’ve had to endure from your enthusiasm and swagger marching the sidelines you’ve been a model in how you carry yourself.

During your tenure you’ve influenced our dysfunctional ownership in how this franchise has reshaped handling the draft , Cap and personnel. Almost to the point we often forget how screwed up it was.

Theres only 2 other HC’s in Cowboy history who I gravitated to as much as you. Tom and Jimmy which will always leave you in a special place in my Cowboys fandom.

Cowboys Forever
Greg

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tough spot for those of us than realize this anyway.

We almost need to sacrifice this season for the greater good. Tough to root for that.

But, when your team is owned by a stubborn egomaniac, this is what happens.

Problem is, a real coach will never be brought in here. Itll just be another puppet. Most likely Moore.

Techsass

Reaction score
It isn't just local anymore. It's now made it to the prime time national media.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can make him a scout.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s time for Garrett to go after this season, I’m in total support of him walking away now . It’s only going to get worse.

I’m looking forward to seeing him at another venue.

We’ll see how the next Puppet does here. What a media circus we have with frikin Jerry. Not sure why anyone would want to come here?

Rayman70

Reaction score
we would have to win out..including playoffs, in order for him to be here next year. NOT HAPPENING. Not sure we are good enough coaching-wise to beat Buffalo.