Lock Romo Now!!

jchocolate82

Reaction score
I was just listening on sirius radio an interview with Romo and Solomon Wilcox and the subject about his contract status came up. Romo was saying all the right things sounding like a politician, but you could just tell in his voice that one he's getting tired of the question but also that he was kind of disappointed nothing has happen with it yet. Obviously at this moment its not a huge deal but I really don't want this to turn into an ugly matter. I know Jerry is ready to pony up the big bucks to keep him here, but crap if you say he's the man and were willing to pass up a high profile QB prospect pay the man his money already. As nice as Romo has talked about the situation that its not about the money it is something on his mind that is bugging him. I rather have my franchise QB worry about taking us to the promise land than contract negotiations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jchocolate82;1670176 said:
I was just listening on sirius radio an interview with Romo and Solomon Wilcox and the subject about his contract status came up. Romo was saying all the right things sounding like a politician, but you could just tell in his voice that one he's getting tired of the question but also that he was kind of disappointed nothing has happen with it yet. Obviously at this moment its not a huge deal but I really don't want this to turn into an ugly matter. I know Jerry is ready to pony up the big bucks to keep him here, but crap if you say he's the man and were willing to pass up a high profile QB prospect pay the man his money already. As nice as Romo has talked about the situation that its not about the money it is something on his mind that is bugging him. I rather have my franchise QB worry about taking us to the promise land than contract negotiations.

Honestly this is the least of my worries because I think a deal will get done. When I don't know but I know Jerry will get a deal done with Romo. Jerry and Romo agent have to continue to be in contact with each other and it will get done.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Romo has said many times he doesn't care about those things. that they will come. I see no reason to rush to sign this guy. He's not going anywhere unless we want him to leave.

Whether he gets signed now, week 16, the week before the SB, the probowl, the day after FA, the day before the start of the 08 season, it won't matter.

The only thing that will change is the price. And to tell you the truth, i would go into cap hell with a QB like Romo, then to be 12 million under it with Bledsoe.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Romo needs to say Hungry and worry about the season, he will get paid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Q_the_man;1670204 said:
Romo needs to say Hungry and worry about the season, he will get paid.

I don't think Romo needs a contract hanging over his head to keep him hungry. He loves what he does and is going to play hard no matter if he has a contact waiting or not.

amuze

Reaction score
Don't worry fellas, one way or another, Romo will be a Cowboy next year. If he continues to shine (he will), Jerrah will get it done. Money is something Jerrah can afford to spend and why would Romo want to go anywhere else?

jchocolate82

Reaction score
From what it sounded like both parties really haven't been in contact with each other from what I hear on the interview. I totally agree with that jerry will get it done and Romo aint goin no where cause he would have an angry Cowboy nation coming for his head hahaha I just want this to be done so its not lingering in his mind cause I really hope and think he'll do some special things for us this season. Obviously the counter argument is the longer he plays for his contract the hungrier he'll be 2 perform at a high level but I really don't think that'll be the case if we lock him up now. He'll always play with that chip on his shoulder cause that's just the type of player he is. I don't just wanted to hear you guys thoughts on this

zeromaster

Reaction score
Romo is probably just tired of the question coming up again and again. I think you're just reading the disappointment factor into it.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I guess that I disagree with quite a few of you guys. I wish that it would happen just to get the subject behind us.

If you were to win the lottery, would you want the state to say wait until we are ready to pay it out?

I say, you know the Cowboys want him, he wants the Cowboys, make it happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999;1670203 said:
Romo has said many times he doesn't care about those things. that they will come. I see no reason to rush to sign this guy. He's not going anywhere unless we want him to leave.

Whether he gets signed now, week 16, the week before the SB, the probowl, the day after FA, the day before the start of the 08 season, it won't matter.

The only thing that will change is the price. And to tell you the truth, i would go into cap hell with a QB like Romo, then to be 12 million under it with Bledsoe.

I think others are more worried about the contract than Romo is. I also think his style of play and desire is not going to change with a contract. I don't think the Colts said hold the money and make Manning hunger or the Brady was only going to produce if he was hungry for the money and I don't think it will make a difference in Romo. When I watch Romo I see a leader and a man who loves playing this game, I don't see a guy just playing for a paycheck.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;1670227 said:
I guess that I disagree with quite a few of you guys. I wish that it would happen just to get the subject behind us.

If you were to win the lottery, would you want the state to say wait until we are ready to pay it out?

I say, you know the Cowboys want him, he wants the Cowboys, make it happen.

I would like to see it done now as well but now or later it will get done.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
zeromaster;1670230 said:
Me no comprendo this statement.

You don't what...

Hahaha my bad I'm trying to post between calls at work on my phone. I just wanted to hear the feed back of the board is what I meant :^)

seniorette

Reaction score
Steven Jones said on Sunday mornings interview that it was agreed between both parties that they would not talk about it. (Reading between the lines and what he did not say, you get the impression it is already done, only waiting for "the right time to announce it". Maybe Tony don't want to pay taxes on it this year who knows.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1670210 said:
I don't think Romo needs a contract hanging over his head to keep him hungry. He loves what he does and is going to play hard no matter if he has a contact waiting or not.

:hammer:

Champsheart

Reaction score
jchocolate82;1670176 said:

I thought we should have locked him up before the season, but that is me, I thought it was worth a small risk to get it down then while it was a little cheaper, I think I was right.

jchocolate82

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm sounding anxious but its been so freaking long since we've had a QB that can win games for us and is respecful in the league. Just don't want anything going wrong with this contract negotiations. I was reading some idiot on the skins board who said he hopes we wait till the end to try and sign him so Snyder can get in a bidding war for him hahahaha so dellusional they are over there

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Money talks and bull**** walks!

And Romo is not worrying about talking! He's more focused on winning football games!

:rolleyes: