LOL - Gary Cobb said "Eagles beat themselves"

Boysboy

Reaction score
http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2009&Itemid=46

Why can't he point out the times WE shot ourselves in the foot? Like Romo forcing a pass into coverage when he should have just played for another down OR Proctor committing a boneheaded hold that negated Owens' 57 yard pass play OR Romo slightly overthrowing a wide open Witten early in the 4th(settled for a 47 FG instead) OR Romo committing a once in a lifetime fumbled exchange in the endzone, etc, etc.

I wonder what Cobb would have said if the Eagles WON this game?:laugh1:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Boysboy;2265196 said:
http://www.gcobb.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2009&Itemid=46

Why can't he point out the times WE shot ourselves in the foot? Like Romo forcing a pass into coverage when he should have just played for another down OR Proctor committing a boneheaded hold that negated Owens' 57 yard pass play OR Romo slightly overthrowing a wide open Witten early in the 4th(settled for a 47 FG instead) OR Romo committing a once in a lifetime fumbled exchange in the endzone, etc, etc.

I wonder what Cobb would have said if the Eagles WON this game?:laugh1:

He would have said, "I told you!"

;)

btcutter

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2265200 said:
IDK the Mcnabb fumble was huge at a crucial point in the game.

I wish one of the papers would say, "Choke, the eagles.....McNabb comes up short....again.":laugh2:

StylisticS

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2265200 said:
IDK the Mcnabb fumble was huge at a crucial point in the game.

So was Romo's two mistakes when it happened. I mean, we would be on the verge of blowing them out if his mind didn't go warp during that time. But NOBODY is pointing that out.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
StylisticS;2265205 said:
So was Romo's two mistakes when it happened. I mean, we would be on the verge of blowing them out if his mind didn't go warp during that time. But NOBODY is pointing that out.

I think a turn over in the 4th quarter with time winding down has more impact on the game as opposed to 2nd quarter turnovers.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
We would have beaten ourselves with all of our mistakes (which were more numerous and more costly than the Eagles' mistakes), but we're too good as a team not to overcome them against a team like the Eagles.

The Eagles aren't good enough to overcome a few small mistakes against a team like us.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265213 said:
We would have beaten ourselves with all of our mistakes (which were more numerous and more costly than the Eagles' mistakes), but we're too good as a team not to overcome them against a team like the Eagles.

The Eagles aren't good enough to overcome a few small mistakes against a team like us.

:bow:

Boysboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2265211 said:
I think a turn over in the 4th quarter with time winding down has more impact on the game as opposed to 2nd quarter turnovers.

OK-but we nonetheless GIFTED them 7, maybe even 14 pts.

IOW-if McNabb doesn't make that bad exchange, you know what those headlines would be today? "Romo chokes away game with bad play in the 2nd quarter".

Again-Eagles fans and their media can't have it both ways.

StylisticS

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2265211 said:

I don't know. The two turnovers started a huge run for the Eagles in that 2nd quarter in which they scored 24 points and those two turnovers led to 14 points in a short amount of time. Probably not as big of impact. But was huge in the game because it gave the Eagles life.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265213 said:

Seems to me the take home lesson is mistakes can get you beat. They did get more gift points and we were at home. But their mistakes got them beat. And ours almost beat us.

I had a great deal of respect for the Eagles. They're good enough to beat us unless we play our A game. JMO

Nexx

Reaction score
jobberone;2265303 said:
Seems to me the take home lesson is mistakes can get you beat. They did get more gift points and we were at home. But their mistakes got them beat. And ours almost beat us.

I had a great deal of respect for the Eagles. They're good enough to beat us unless we play our A game. JMO

we played our C game and still won.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jobberone;2265303 said:

I agree. That game could have went either way.

Nexx;2265350 said:
we played our C game and still won.

:rolleyes:

We would have smoked a lesser team with that performance last night.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
He also forgets the pass intrerferance call that was called on us rather than the Eagle player who had a fist full of jersey.

He forgets to mention that if the ref had eyes, DeSean Jackson would have fumbled and we would have had a big return.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jobberone;2265303 said:
I had a great deal of respect for the Eagles. They're good enough to beat us unless we play our A game.

Or they're not good enough to beat us when we play our C game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2265358 said:
We would have smoked a lesser team with that performance last night.

And we would have lost to a better team with that performance.

When you turn the ball over twice deep in your own territory, once for an easy touchdown, you're not going to win very often against a good team.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
coulda, woulda, shoulda, are words we dont use they only depress us and give us the blues
:lmao2:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Well Gary "dumb as a doorknob" Cobb can kiss my ***. His just a sore loser. His just a sore loser.

He forgot to mention that the Eagles had two other chances to win and march down the field against our suspect defense. They failed. Case closed. We won. They lost. Enough said.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265392 said:

When you turn the ball over twice deep in your own territory, once for an easy touchdown, you're not going to win very often against a good team.

Eagles are a good team..period.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265392 said:

The boys kept this game close with the bonehead penalties and turnovers. But the eagles could have also won this game. They had their share of turnovers and boneheaded penalties