LOL - Gary Cobb said "Eagles beat themselves"

Ender

Reaction score
There were mistake from both teams that could have cost both teams the game so i dont see how someone can take from this game that the Eagles are better than the Cowboys. Fat of the matter our D came to play in the Second Quarter, we got pressure and made key stops, their's didn't, If Witten could have held on to that catch that was at his finger tips we would have probably scored 45 points. The only thing i take from this game is that the Eagles D isn't that great. The Secondary isn't that great and all the talk about how they were going to blitz Romo and all that stuff is pretty much bull because he still had all day to throw the Ball.

I think a lot of people are reading to much into this game. Sorry, but it doesn't prove that Eagles are legitimate division contenders because as of right now they are in 3rd place. And i don't know if people are paying attention but the NFC is pretty good this year.

This game doesn't mean our D is Terrible or Brian Stewart Should be hanged like some of you are suggesting. Tank Johnson and Ratlift were in position to make plays 3 or 4 times but McNabb slipped away from them. Thats a credit to McNabb but its not discrediting our D. Not every Quarterback can make plays like that with his feet. And to all the people worried about Aron Rodgers mobility believe me he is no where near as strong as Mcnabb. So those would most likely be sacks. With that siad, i dont know ant secondary that can cover for ten seconds when the QB is back there running around. Its just a difficult tat.

This game doesn't mean we have a terrible running game. A friend of mind text me during the game and said "we should start Felix Jones and have Barber back in the role he played when Julius was here." So he officially became the first person to say that dumb ****, but im sure he wont be the last. Look Felix will get more carries as the season goes along but he is not the Starter. MB3 is a beast and we're are lucky to have a Running back that can Catch, Block, run people over, follow his blockers and stay ing his running lanes, and most importantly not fumble. Something that Felix was prone to do in college.

But most importantly this game does not mean we should panic because of penalties. I know i get frustrated too, especially with Flozell but its only the second game of the season. I tend to take the glass is half full approach, i really don't think we've hit out stride as a complete package yet, with Offense, Defense and special teams. Another thing why are you people so quick to want to fire the coaching staff. Im lost here but Wade has only lost 4 games since he has been here. Do you guys really think that he doesn't know what his doing. Its funny how some of you think you have more knowledge of what it takes to run a successfully football team than a person who has been around football his whole life and probably has been coaching for more years than some of us have been alive. I'm lost here.

And please get of the i hate Romo Bandwagon some of you have been on. He balled yesterday. I guess we can just throw any body back there and he can read the D and throw perfect strikes to his receivers. Funny how some of you so quickly forgot about the Clint Storner, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson era.

I love this team, have loved them since i can remember. But sometimes i think some of you don't deserve to even cheer for this team you complain to much and micro-analyze every play as if it pure unequivocal evidence that this guy is terrible or this guy should be fired. Some of you do the job for ESPN on hating on your supposedly favorite team.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265392 said:
And we would have lost to a better team with that performance.

When you turn the ball over twice deep in your own territory, once for an easy touchdown, you're not going to win very often against a good team.

Seems like you are just wasting time talking common sense. Seems like most fans are caught with the commentators and experts comments on how impressive Eagles are, by comming to Dallas and giving them a game. Eventhough it looked like Cowboys might blow them out, if not for Romo's Turnovers.

Sure, what Romo Did, after those turnovers was pretty darn impressive, but the facts are, if he drove the team down and scored another one at that point, it would have been game over, since Philly was getting bogged down at that point.

Now, McNabb did do extrodinarily well, by escaping atleast 2-3 sure sacks, which really extended their drives a lot.

I mean, lets say we are playing NE,the last year one, we would have lost by 30-40 points if Romo did that against them. But oh well, its all defense fault, that Romo gives them the ball in our own territory and then gives easiest TDs of all. Bottom line, Both sides of ball had issues.

TroyNJ

Reaction score
LOL, anybody that has listened to Cobb on 610 WIP in Phila. knows he's not the sharpest tack in the pack.

jimmy40

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2265213 said:
We would have beaten ourselves with all of our mistakes (which were more numerous and more costly than the Eagles' mistakes), but we're too good as a team not to overcome them against a team like the Eagles.

The Eagles aren't good enough to overcome a few small mistakes against a team like us.
Arguing over whose mistakes were bigger.:bang2: :bang2: :banghead: :banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :banghead: :banghead: