London to host 2007 regular-season game

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1317244 said:
Words cannot describe what I think about you and your post. I thank god for all the brave troops that are serving, have served and have died in Iraq. Both American and my fellow countrymen.
Congratulations, you just made my ignore list.
I thank them for their bravery and sacrifice as well - however the English Gov't has turned on the US - the incoming PM is closer to the French than us - this after Churchill told the Brits to always remain loyal to the US.
It's not even the Gov't thing - it's the British youth, the whole Euromindset - they are anti American and it's undeniable fact.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
smarta5150;1317248 said:
I hear that.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

There is a growing following in the UK of American Football.
I'm sure the event will be well supported. I'll probably make the effort if it doesn't clash with my annual trip to Texas Stadium to watch the Cowboys.

I'm guessing it'll be at the beginning of the season and align with a bye week.

The rumur over here is that it is the Giants vs Dolphins.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
Believe it or not, there's also a fairly sizeable contingent of NFL fans in France as well. My mother lives there and while you've got to search to find a cafe that will broadcast the games, they do exist. Though this is Paris, and there are a lot of American transplants.

That said, I love this idea and have nothing against it whatsoever. I'd love to see two foreign played games a year, so long as the teams were rotated evenly. Growth in NFL interest overseas can do nothing but improve the game. I know NBA basketball has become much more palatable over the past decade or so due to the influx of foreigners. International growth increases league revenues, and it increases the talent pool.

I also think you guys over-estimate the timezone thing. A 6pm local time game in London would start at noon (CST) in the States. A 7pm local time game in Paris would also be noon. The timezones only get real whacky when you bring the Asian games into it (I remember watching that Colts pre-season game in Tokyo, think it started at Midnight CST).

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1317261 said:
I thank them for their bravery and sacrifice as well - however the English Gov't has turned on the US - the incoming PM is closer to the French than us - this after Churchill told the Brits to always remain loyal to the US.
It's not even the Gov't thing - it's the British youth, the whole Euromindset - they are anti American and it's undeniable fact.

I dont want to labor the politics in a football board, BUT please dont paint all the English (Welsh, Scottish and Irish) with the same brush. There is a load of us do support the US.

That's my final word.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1317271 said:
I also think you guys over-estimate the timezone thing. A 6pm local time game in London would start at noon (CST) in the States. A 7pm local time game in Paris would also be noon. The timezones only get real whacky when you bring the Asian games into it (I remember watching that Colts pre-season game in Tokyo, think it started at Midnight CST).

I agree, but my main reference to the time zone thing was watching games played in the US overseas. For example, I would have been ticked off if the bar in Germany where I was watching a game, would have closed its doors with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter of a close game.

The other folks at the bar in Germany told me that that happened to them all the time, and we all know how tight the Cowboys games were in 2005 (cardiac Cowboys).

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
One question. Who loses a home game on their sked with this? I don't think any of the hometown fans would be happy over this. I know I wouldn't. It's American football. Play the dang games in America. Before long they will be moving the Super Bowl to Iran in an attempt to garner good will.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1317298 said:
One question. Who loses a home game on their sked with this? I don't think any of the hometown fans would be happy over this. I know I wouldn't. It's American football. Play the dang games in America. Before long they will be moving the Super Bowl to Iran in an attempt to garner good will.

Seeing as how the Giants got an extra one last year, despite what the NFL wants the public to believe, I think they are due to give one back.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Don Corleone;1317301 said:
Seeing as how the Giants got an extra one last year, despite what the NFL wants the public to believe, I think they are due to give one back.

This is true. I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants play over there as the home team and then coming to Dallas the next week. :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Guy... lets not indict a whole country over perceived/real issues with their respective government...

Every one on this board outside of Quincy supporters pretty much think for themselves...

No need to take shots at them or their countrymen when they might actually not support their government's stance on issues...

Please refrain from indicting entire countries (except for France)...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
trickblue;1317336 said:
Guy... lets not indict a whole country over perceived/real issues with their respective government...

Every one on this board outside of Quincy supporters pretty much think for themselves...

No need to take shots at them or their countrymen when they might actually not support their government's stance on issues...

Please refrain from indicting entire countries (except for France)...

You madea funny. :)

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;1317276 said:
I dont want to labor the politics in a football board, BUT please dont paint all the English (Welsh, Scottish and Irish) with the same brush. There is a load of us do support the US.

That's my final word.
That's fine - there's English I know that support the US , I travel abroad and have occasional dealings -
The Irish BTW are NOT British ...The Republic of Ireland is a free state. Northern Ireland is a different story -

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1317361 said:
In the interest of maintaining no more politics in this thread, I will abstain from answering the question.

Waving the white flag comes easy to you people eh?

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Diddnt the NFL Europe team based in London fold because no one gave a damn? The Germans on the other hand love the NFLE and it would make far more sense to have the game in Germany.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1317203 said:
The English hate American Football

The English hate America these days they blame us for everything from getting them into Iraq to not signing the Kyoto Treaty

The English have lost control of Basra and are down to less than 7k troops in their help in fighting the war on terror - however they want what we all want here , safety. But they don't want to fight for it...let the Yanks do it.

I despise the English.

Moronic NFL -this would have been MUCH better in Australia or Holland.

Not true. They have a robust fan base and are very excited about this upcoming game.

http://www.nfluk.com/community-forums.php

rojan

Reaction score
It seems like that the Dolphins will be the home team and they are looking for an opponent