Long and difficult season, but fruitful in the end

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing's changed in Big D. Same ole same ole.

Offense will have to carry us and hope defense can hang on which means without any key injuries another playoff appearance and fairly early exit to a great defense and elite QB.

Maybe we'll win one in wildcard round and consider this season an upward trend and hope for a better defensive draft next year and less suspensions.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Winning requires constant team effort not just individual stats.I have seen some teams win it all with less talents.
All what I want is they give it a try and work hard( mentally and physically) in every game as a team and if they do they can beat anyone.
Attitude can camouflage weakness.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I hope you're right, Smitty...I am feeling pretty trepidatious going into this season, having nightmares of the requisite down season after a solid/good season (e.g., 2014 up and 2015 down, 2016 up and 2017...you get the picture). Granted, have some major life events that have prevented my usual close close following of the Boys during the preseason...but I am hoping the team can weather whatever early storms they appear to be headed for and then finish strong down the stretch and into the playoffs. I was so confident after the draft about this upcoming season...I need to see some glimmer of positivity to help me turn this frown upside down. I know one thing (per OP)...our offense looks like it's going to be a major problem for defenses and could overcome any sort of Zeke absence...no Dak sophomore slump here!

That happened because those teams overachieved, big time. We weren't very good back in the day.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can tell you one thing we won't get, timely penalties from the opposition. We will get the short end of the stick when it comes to timely penalties and benefit of the doubt calls. Book it. Jerry Jones has ticked off Mara and Goodell and our team will suffer for it (again).
Oh man those dirty rats

JDSmith

Reaction score
The thread title should be changed to Jonestown and it should be stickied at the end of every preseason, because the cool aide was being double fisted.

It's also funny that I don't see a single Dak avatar, but I'll bet there were at least 4 or 5 of them when the thread was made. Look great in presesaon coming off of a historically great rookie year, everyone wants to be associated with you. Look like hot mess coming off of a historically bad 3 game stretch, people start blocking your number and avoiding eye contact.

Such is life for the Cowboys QB.